YesNoOk

Super Mario Maker Stage IDs (Read 89668 times)

Started by JustNoPoint, September 16, 2015, 06:40:42 pm
Share this topic:
Super Mario Maker Stage IDs
#1  September 16, 2015, 06:40:42 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Making stages for Mario Maker and want to share them with MFG? We already know how awful we all are at Fighting Game design. But how awful are we at side scrollers?

Well now we can all find out that we should have never been given this power together! So post your stage codes so we can play each other's stages!

I've uploaded 4 stages so far
All stages are SMBU style

Cave-O-Rama
CEF6-0000-003C-E138
This is an underground stage that has a few easy to figure out puzzles. Difficulty is medium I guess.

Cloud Hopper
33DA-0000-003D-EC3B
This stage has you flying on Lakitu's cloud. You must continue to take Lakitu clouds to clear the stage. This stage is only difficult if you're not good at navigating I suppose. Otherwise I feel it's much easier than Cave-O-Rama

Bowser's Bounce House
4263-0000-003F-ECF7
Least happy with this one's design. It's probably my most difficult stage. Though if you get the propeller hat it's not so tough. Basically it's a castle stage mostly filled with bouncy Music Boxes.

Under Water FullGame
F665-0000-0042-624A
I have you progress through different "Lands" in 1 level. From pipeland - Goomba - Koopa - Lakitu - Fish - Airship - Ghost - Castle.
You can get Yoshi really early on so this stage is the easiest I've made by far if you use him.
Re: Super Mario Maker Stage IDs
#2  September 16, 2015, 08:32:50 pm
    • USA
I've been wondering when this kind of topic would show up here. Well, I might as well share my mediocre stages. The style all of them are in is SMB1.... Except for Wario's Castle, that one is SMW style. Since it has the Spin Jump, like in SML2. Without the extra fluff NSMB-U adds. Like the air spin, and the wall jump.

Wario's Castle SML2: 74AE-0000-004E-AD00
"Take a trip back to Super Mario Land 2, to take back Mario's Castle once more!"

This is a recreation of the final level from SML2. Though the limitations hindered some of the hazards. Like what's supposed to be Piranha statues were replaced with Bullet Bill Launchers.... That unfortunately fire behind themselves too. Making that part more difficult. I also excluded an end boss, since I was running into the tile limit. (Plus Bowser Jr. doesn't come close to the greatness that is Wario!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFo7xbvD5kU

Here's the original version of the level. For comparison.

Waluigi Time!: CC77-0000-0034-F543
"Waluigi's stuck in an evil clock.... Get it? Waluigi time? He's in a clock.... Ugh, sorry about that."

Anyway, the stage has a gimmick with swinging blocks. The first part is safe. But later there's Boos added into the mix. And finally.... Swinging Music Note Blocks with Boos lurking by. You have to bounce around them.

Ashley's Plant Problem: 50FF-0000-003F-856E
"It seems Ashley messed up another spell.... And now plants are overtaking her mansion. Put an end to this!"

The level involves a lot of vine climbing. You have to maneuver around Boo Circles while climbing. These progressively get more and more dangerous. Adding spikes into the mix. Finally.... This was my first attempt at making a sorta "Boss Fight" at the end.
#3  September 16, 2015, 11:06:23 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Thunder Stomping!
As long as you're decent at bouncing off enemies it's not so bad. The timings aren't horribly severe.

Wario's Castle SML2
I got sick of seeing that 1st section. I died more there do to impatience! I just wanted to run through it if I died in a later section. Nice recreation!

Waluigi Time!
I'll admit. I died once at the moving bounce blocks and didn't want to try that again :P I'll try later though.

Ashley's Plant Problem
I didn't finish this one either. Not for lack of trying though. I find the timing to move sideways on the vines and not get hit by the spinning Boos to be VERY strict. I started losing my patience in the spikey area. I'll have to try this one again too.
#4  September 16, 2015, 11:19:02 pm
    • USA
Thunder Stomping!
As long as you're decent at bouncing off enemies it's not so bad. The timings aren't horribly severe.

Wario's Castle SML2
I got sick of seeing that 1st section. I died more there do to impatience! I just wanted to run through it if I died in a later section. Nice recreation!

Waluigi Time!
I'll admit. I died once at the moving bounce blocks and didn't want to try that again :P I'll try later though.

Ashley's Plant Problem
I didn't finish this one either. Not for lack of trying though. I find the timing to move sideways on the vines and not get hit by the spinning Boos to be VERY strict. I started losing my patience in the spikey area. I'll have to try this one again too.

So, from what I'm seeing, Waluigi Time, and Ashley's Plant Problem are the hardest stages from my list?

My tip for the Boos is to watch their pattern. And look at the spikes. You can actually speed run through the last vine climbing section if you're quick on the D Pad.

And yeah... the Waluigi Time bouncing block section is something I've seen past feedback say was hard to get passed.

Though, how were the level ideas themselves? Were they alright? Or just bad designs?
#5  September 16, 2015, 11:29:36 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
You did a lot to add flavor. Especially in the SMW stage were you used a lot of elements to make interesting BGs. Where you couldn't do that in SMB1 you still made designs from blocks and such.
Something I started trying to do in Cave-O-Rama but ran out of tiles. Granted I didn't have a lot of other things you get later at that point. Like the platforms you can expand the length and width on.

I like the themes a lot. SML2 was my favorite but that's just due to nostalgia as SMW and SML2 were 2 of my favorite games when I was young.

The designs are simplistic. Open areas with easy to discern objectives. I know mine can be a bit cluttered in some areas. Then again when you're focusing on jumps you don't want a lot of clutter for sure!

I just recently got the vines so I can't wait to make stuff with those. When do I get the sub world and ability to make warp pipes anyway? It's taking too long!!! I didn't get the game till 4 days later due to a billing error so I'm behind in materials!

I look forward to seeing what else you make! After I get all the stuff I'll probably make a lot more SMW stages. That's the theme I was most waiting for.
#6  September 16, 2015, 11:55:39 pm
  • Just A Dude...
  • For me, it was Tuesday...
    • Canada
    • chaoticdarkness.deviantart.com/
I'm glad someone started a thread for this after all, I've been learning to make things as I've unlocked things bit by bit. The first one might get a remake, since it was what I could make with just the basic tools when you buy the game, and the amount of luck during the bit with the springs is something I might change down the road. I call them the "Don't Trust Me" series, and I'll be adding to these as I learn more and more, the latter one was more experimentation over about 5-6 hours of trial and error, to create a  level that only requires one jump at the start. I'll be sure to try out some of your stages as well, to see what else I can learn.

Challenging Stages
DTM1 - D7EA 0000 001A 4E2C SMBU
DTM2 - 1ADF 0000 0029 9B29  SMB
DTM3 - A64F 0000 0034 F8DE SMB
DTM4 - 65D2 0000 0039 0487 SMB
DTM5 -  92D5 0000 003A ECC4 SMW

2 minute roller coaster ride
(for some reason this seems to only work as long as you face right the whole time)
C58D 0000 0042 EE4F SMW
#7  September 17, 2015, 01:54:12 pm
  • Whats a girlfriend? its something you can eat?
    • Spain
"Infiltration tactics" 2DC5-0000-0017-6C56
My first level, when i didnt have all the elements, its pretty challenging thou, i combined narrow passages with hammer brothers.

"Dr.Mario tastes his own medicine" 7469-0000-002E-4810
A boss level based on the Dr.Mario games

"Wrecking Crew" C884-0000-003D-B53E
Open your way with Bomb-ombs in this building in construction.

#8  September 17, 2015, 10:52:43 pm
  • Video Game Veteran
  • Can you do it? SUREYOUCAN!
    • USA
    • gcnmario.free.fr

"You must defeat my flaming
dragon punch to stand a chance."
Last Edit: December 24, 2015, 04:28:43 am by Sheng Long
#9  September 18, 2015, 07:19:16 am
  • Just A Dude...
  • For me, it was Tuesday...
    • Canada
    • chaoticdarkness.deviantart.com/
I think it would only be worth a sticky if people contributed a fair bit, so give it a while still I'd say.
#10  September 18, 2015, 08:44:22 am
  • Video Game Veteran
    • USA
    • gcnmario.free.fr

#11  September 18, 2015, 10:09:51 am
  • Back to the Beginnings
    • https://discord.gg/hnyK7JZ
Wario's Castle SML2: A6BA-0000-0027-66C0
"Take a trip back to Super Mario Land 2, to take back Mario's Castle once more!"

This is a recreation of the final level from SML2. Though the limitations hindered some of the hazards. Like what's supposed to be Piranha statues were replaced with Bullet Bill Launchers.... That unfortunately fire behind themselves too.

Actually, I know how to fix that thanks to Youtube videos of Super Mario Maker (I don't own that game yet since I'm waiting for updates): Use cannonball launchers instead, they never fire behind themselves and thus can replicate the Piranha Plant statues much better than the Bill Launchers.
===My discord servers===
Unlimited Force HQ: https://discord.gg/hnyK7JZ
Mega Man Megamix Engine Help Server: https://discord.gg/Wjm9GYU

Touhou database (by Ryouchi):
http://mugenfreeforall.com/index.php?/topic/8257-touhou-project/
you are all small and can't grow manly sideburns
#12  September 19, 2015, 09:31:31 am
    • USA
Wario's Castle SML2: A6BA-0000-0027-66C0

This is a recreation of the final level from SML2. Though the limitations hindered some of the hazards. Like what's supposed to be Piranha statues were replaced with Bullet Bill Launchers.... That unfortunately fire behind themselves too.

Actually, I know how to fix that thanks to Youtube videos of Super Mario Maker (I don't own that game yet since I'm waiting for updates): Use cannonball launchers instead, they never fire behind themselves and thus can replicate the Piranha Plant statues much better than the Bill Launchers.

Oh God.... I wish I thought of that sooner. It would even be better at LOOKING kind of like the Piranha Plant statues.

I wish you could update a stage without losing the stars. Since that stage somehow managed to get 10. Even in this state.

Edit: You know what? I might lose those stars. But my OCD wants me to fix this stage.... So yeah, I'm gonna take that advice, and clean this stage up a bit.

Edit 2:
Wario's Castle SML2: 74AE-0000-004E-AD00

Here's the updated version. Thanks for the suggestion, Trinitronity.
#13  September 20, 2015, 05:37:54 pm
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
I just picked up the game and it's really cool so far, but it's hard coming up with anything interesting when almost all of the parts are locked away.  Any tips on how to get to the fun stuff would be greatly appreciated.  Anyway, here's what I came up with with just the basic set:

Turvy-Topsy
5IFC-0000-0057-4EA9
 The concept was to try to make an upside-down stage.  Put the floor and all the bricks and stuff above you with a giant bottomless sky to fall into below.   I'll probably redo the whole thing once I get more stuff to work with.
#14  September 20, 2015, 06:05:55 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Take coins and continue to fill the stage up. You'll unlock everything super fast.

Alternatively set your wiiu clock 7 days ahead.
#15  September 21, 2015, 05:56:59 am
    • USA
ROB and the Old Bob-Omb Factory.: D5CB-0000-005A-F7CE

"ROB explores an abandoned Bob-Omb factory.... What dangers await him? Besides Bob-Ombs obviously."

Well, I finally unlocked ROB in this game. So yeah, I had to make a level for him. After all, ROB is not only one of my Smash mains.... He's just underrated all around.

Basically, this level has Bob-Ombs you have to use to blow up a few walls. And some conveyor belt shenanigans. (Beware of sharp objects.)

Edit: I reworked a past stage of mine....

Thunder Stomping!: 7CB1-0000-005F-971D

"Behold the might of Ganondorf's D-Air! Stomp everything in your path!"

After taking some feedback about the previous version, I extended the level a bit. And changed up the hazards.
#16  September 22, 2015, 07:35:55 pm
    • USA
#17  September 22, 2015, 07:41:53 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Screw that. I'm not a glutton for punishment. I like watching those videos but I'd never play a level like that.

I took my system to a friend's place over the weekend and am going to let him keep it this week. So I'll be back to trying you guys's stages next week.
#18  September 22, 2015, 10:59:41 pm
  • Video Game Veteran
    • USA
    • gcnmario.free.fr

#19  September 22, 2015, 11:34:15 pm
  • Oh look, I changed this thing.
    • USA
    • mega491@yahoo.com
...Oh that's bull! Forget that level...
#20  September 23, 2015, 05:05:24 pm
  • Pon de Replay?
    • USA
    • Skype - MCJimmyCalo
    • mcjimmy.net
Well, here are my levels of varying difficulty. Tell me what you think in a post or comment on them in game.
Junction Disfunction - CE24-0000-0020-DFAF
Hope you die. - Love Jimmy - A913-0000-0025-6BBA
0smw Remix - 6FFF-000-0029-0097
Super Mario Bros. 2 Level 1-1 - 48A8-0000-002A-B21A
Scurvy Sky Pirates - 3795-0000-002C-955A
Lavatory - E52F-0000-0033-FABA
Sawman's Lair - 709C-0000-0036-3091
Shell Surfing - 31C2-0000-003C-0716
Gun.Smoke - C419-0000-0044-7636
Chaos in Kracko's Cloud Kingdom - 747F-0000-0045-BBDB
Wet and Wild - 71DF-0000-004C-15A5
Castle in the Sky - 331B-0000-005C-10A8