YesNoOk

Jim Ross (WWE) Commentator Add-on (Read 5034 times)

Started by PotS, December 24, 2023, 03:23:04 pm
Share this topic:
Jim Ross (WWE) Commentator Add-on
#1  December 24, 2023, 03:23:04 pm
    • Portugal
    • network.mugenguild.com/pots/
This was pretty fun to make. This one's way more elaborate than the CvS2 commentator, with well over 100 lines instead of just 4 and triggering on a bunch of different scenarios.

Small preview:
https://streamable.com/fwqhza

See the readme for installation instructions.

DOWNLOAD
You can help with Ikemen GO's development by trying out the latest development build and reporting any bugs on GitHub.
My Mugen and Ikemen content can also be found here.
Last Edit: December 25, 2023, 10:00:10 am by PotS
Re: Jim Ross (WWE) Commentator Add-on
#2  December 24, 2023, 03:26:08 pm
  • M.U.G.E.N 4 LIFE!
    • USA
    • suliofthenerdvaid@gmail.com
    • https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwd0KXNN1f_sVI80PHAnWdA
THIS MADE MY FU*KIN DAY!!! Thank you sooooo much POTS :smitten:
#3  December 24, 2023, 04:03:13 pm
wow, this is cool  :8): I remember watching wwe where he was commentating and I love his and jerry lawlers commentating of all of the commentators in the wwe/wwf eras  :8):

when will this personal crises ends? it just won't stop!
#4  December 24, 2023, 04:13:27 pm
This sounds interesting.. got a video example?
#5  December 24, 2023, 05:04:14 pm
    • Portugal
THIS MADE MY FU*KIN DAY!!! Thank you sooooo much POTS :smitten:
Well Merry Christmas in that case. ;D

wow, this is cool  :8): I remember watching wwe where he was commentating and I love his and jerry lawlers commentating of all of the commentators in the wwe/wwf eras  :8):
I didn't add King because that'd be even more complex and he offers a different kind of commentary anyway, but I did leave in JR's references to him.

This sounds interesting.. got a video example?
I added a short clip to the first post.
You can help with Ikemen GO's development by trying out the latest development build and reporting any bugs on GitHub.
Last Edit: December 24, 2023, 05:50:57 pm by PotS
#6  February 18, 2024, 03:42:58 am
  • Slowly getting there
    • Mexico

Fantastic work, It's a lot of fun to play using this especially during intense matches, I did stumble into a weird issue and wanted to report it:

When playing as KomoD's Cinnamon, I couldn't get any of his assist attacks to come out and this only affected P1 side, so upon messing around with his files, I found that undocumenting the trigger NumHelper (to limit their use) makes them work again, this means the announcer counts as an Helper on the P1 side and might cause issues with some characters that do something similar.

Video: https://streamable.com/zb9ti1

I don't know much about Ikemen addons so I'm not sure if this could be fixed by changing something in the code or if it's an issue with the engine itself.
#7  February 18, 2024, 04:52:27 am
    • USA
No words can describe how much I love this, I love Wrestling and JR was my absolute favorite on the Commentary team, i hope sometime in the future there's going to be a tool to set how he would react to certain characters, like him absolutely hating on guys like Terumi and rooting for guys like Ragna...
#8  February 18, 2024, 10:29:47 am
    • Portugal
Fantastic work, It's a lot of fun to play using this especially during intense matches, I did stumble into a weird issue and wanted to report it:
Yeah. This is a known issue/limitation of this type of code. Your conclusion is exactly correct in that the announcer is a P1 helper. In an earlier version of the code I made P1 and P2 take turns in creating the helper but the benefit felt minimal so I scrapped it.

As for the solution, normally chars should use NumHelper(ID) instead. You could add the helper's ID to that trigger and it won't happen anymore.

The reason the code uses a helper is so it doesn't instead interfere with the character's sounds, which to me felt like a bigger issue.

No words can describe how much I love this, I love Wrestling and JR was my absolute favorite on the Commentary team, i hope sometime in the future there's going to be a tool to set how he would react to certain characters, like him absolutely hating on guys like Terumi and rooting for guys like Ragna...
I'm glad you like it. That's a cool suggestion. I could split some sound groups into face and heel commentary (maybe face is always P1). But I'm not sure if I have enough voices to do that or if the difference would be perceptible in a fast paced 2D fighter.
#9  February 18, 2024, 11:29:52 am
  • Palette God? Champion? AntiChrist? Something.
  • I AM THE KING OF PALETTES!!
    • USA
I am unfamiliar with Ikemen, but could you not use name triggers to read "heel" characters?  Maybe drawing a list from Kim's intro?
#10  February 19, 2024, 01:08:50 pm
    • Portugal
That would be a massive list. Probably longer than the entire code. :sweatdrop: I'd prefer some hard rules instead if I get around to it.
#11  February 19, 2024, 01:59:51 pm
  • Palette God? Champion? AntiChrist? Something.
  • I AM THE KING OF PALETTES!!
    • USA
Maybe you could reserve it exclusively for the main baddies?  Dictator, Geese, Shao Kahn, Terumi, those guys.