YesNoOk

How can I make a special unusable until a certain action is performed? (Read 2654 times)

Started by TheDragon, March 20, 2024, 04:30:49 am
Share this topic:
How can I make a special unusable until a certain action is performed?
#1  March 20, 2024, 04:30:49 am
Let me explain, I have a character who has a special that depends on a helper which copies some movements that he makes, the helper to change state depends on a var that changes depending on the last movements that I made:

-Standing Medium Punch (Y)
-Standing Light Kick (A)
-Standing Medium Kick (B)
-Crouching Light Punch (X)
-Crouching Light Kick (A)
 -Crouching Medium Kick (B)

But the problem is that if at the start of the game I have not made any of these movements and I do the special one, it crashes, that is, it does not change to any state because I did not make any of those movements and the initial animation remains stuck there, I tried put in special commands; "triggerall=var(28)" (that is the number of the variable) but it still doesn't work, you can continue doing it without even having made any of those movements that have that var.
Obviously I tried it like trigger1 or others but it still doesn't work.
And what I want is that this special can be done until making said movements.
Did I manage to explain myself? Can anybody help me?
Last Edit: March 20, 2024, 09:29:47 pm by TheDragon
Re: How can I make a special unusable until a certain action is performed?
#2  March 20, 2024, 07:59:44 am
"triggerall=var(28)" should work. The problem is most likely lies in how var(28) is set and whether it belongs to said helper or to the character itself. If it belongs to the helper you should reference it in character commands as "triggerall=helper(ID),var(28)".
That said I think the simplest solution is just giving var(28) a default value at the instance the helper is created. So if your character hasn't done anything before using special the helper will behave as if, say, standing light kick was used.
Re: How can I make a special unusable until a certain action is performed?
#3  March 20, 2024, 09:29:30 pm
Thank you! I found the problem and was able to fix it! I appreciate it!