YesNoOk

Trying to fix an issue with Blitz Mine on Mikita's Murakumo (Read 3922 times)

Started by LohrFF0rt, January 09, 2024, 12:43:24 am
Share this topic:
Trying to fix an issue with Blitz Mine on Mikita's Murakumo
#1  January 09, 2024, 12:43:24 am
    • USA
At one point or another while messing around in training, I ended up finding a bug on this Murakumo, where if a mine is set down and it gets reflected with (for example) Karma Charmeleon's Rugal's dark barrier.

https://streamable.com/h06asr

I've spent a bit of time trying to find what's potential causing it, and I'm stumped. For whatever reason the EX/Super version of Blitz mine doesn't have this problem, in addition to not even interacting with the reflector at all; it only happens with the regular Blitz Mine. Also to further clarify, other projectiles and such aren't able to nor are meant to be able to interact with the mines. So I wish to find a way to make so Blitz Mine doesn't interact with reflectors.

Just in case, here's a link to the most recent and untouched version for those who'd like to take a closer look:
https://web.archive.org/web/20150811235955/http://big.freett.com/MKTMUGEN/Murakumo_MKT.7z

I'd personally like to try to use this as somewhat of a learning experience, as my experience with mugen coding is very sparce, if not near next to nothing outside a few things.
Re: Trying to fix an issue with Blitz Mine on Mikita's Murakumo
#2  January 10, 2024, 10:17:03 pm
    • USA
I'm bit late to this, but it might something to do with Blitz Mine being counted as a projectile, I did this Loganir's Wonder Woman and she also reflected it with Amazon Aegis (as well causing Murakumo to not use it at all) (mind you I also used her on Duracelleur's Re-hyped Ken and I found out that his Fire Hadoken counts as a melee attack and not a projectile one, that said DON'T use how Duracelleur did it)
#3  January 11, 2024, 02:48:35 am
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
For whatever reason the EX/Super version of Blitz mine doesn't have this problem, in addition to not even interacting with the reflector at all; it only happens with the regular Blitz Mine.
Look inside the two different Mine's HitDefs.
You can also clear up that debug flood. It's looking for state 1001?  It's hard to read.

But basically, it seems like Rugal's reflector is programmed to not interfere with Hyper Projectiles. You could take the super easy route and make the normal mine pretend to be a hyper move. You can just change the HitDef value and see if that works.

If Rugal's reflector is coded well, there's probably not much you could do if the Mine is an actual projectile outside of recoding it as a helper. I mean it already seems like it's a helper but the helper could be spawning a stationary projectile?

imho, I think it's actually a positive that Rugal can transform the mine into a projectile. But I'm unfamiliar with Murakumo.
vVv Ryuko718 Updated 10/31/22 vVv
#4  January 11, 2024, 03:42:49 am
    • USA
I'm bit late to this, but it might something to do with Blitz Mine being counted as a projectile, I did this Loganir's Wonder Woman and she also reflected it with Amazon Aegis (as well causing Murakumo to not use it at all) (mind you I also used her on Duracelleur's Re-hyped Ken and I found out that his Fire Hadoken counts as a melee attack and not a projectile one, that said DON'T use how Duracelleur did it)

It took me a little bit, but I think I managed to fix it, basically I changed the HitDef attributes of both the mines and the explosion. (mine HitDef only matters for when the opponent walks on to the mine, whilst the explosion is what does the damage) Mine (1250, 1260, 1270) Hitdef(s) being changed to attr = S, SA over S, SP/ Explosion (1252, 1262, 1272) to attr = S, HP, SA.

Look inside the two different Mine's HitDefs.
You can also clear up that debug flood. It's looking for state 1001?  It's hard to read.

But basically, it seems like Rugal's reflector is programmed to not interfere with Hyper Projectiles. You could take the super easy route and make the normal mine pretend to be a hyper move. You can just change the HitDef value and see if that works.

If Rugal's reflector is coded well, there's probably not much you could do if the Mine is an actual projectile outside of recoding it as a helper. I mean it already seems like it's a helper but the helper could be spawning a stationary projectile?

imho, I think it's actually a positive that Rugal can transform the mine into a projectile. But I'm unfamiliar with Murakumo.

That's ultimately what I essentially did,
It's definitely not a perfect fix, though after a bit of meddling; nothing really notable cropped up.

Well thanks for the tip folks.
Last Edit: January 11, 2024, 03:53:03 am by LohrFF0rt