YesNoOk

how do I insert sounds into my character animations (Read 1951 times)

Started by jamestheepic, April 17, 2024, 06:44:09 am
Share this topic:
how do I insert sounds into my character animations
#1  April 17, 2024, 06:44:09 am
    • Australia
So i have been trying to figure out where i put the sound files in my character, the only problem is, i don't know how to put the sound in. so i would like you guys to please help me out and tell me how to fix this,
thank you!
Re: how do I insert sounds into my character animations
#2  April 17, 2024, 04:17:06 pm
    • crepa.neocities.org
The file containing the sounds is the .SND file. To add a sound, you'll need Fighter Factory, go to the sound tab and open the .snd file. There is a "+" sign in the left panel, click it to add the sound you want. Give it a group and index number.

Now you can add it into your character using the 'playsnd' sctrl. :)
how do i insert sounds into the playsnd sctrl?
#3  April 19, 2024, 05:02:37 am
    • Australia
So, I've recently figured out where my sounds go in: in scripts. the only problem is that I don't know which part of the script to put it in. so I would like to ask you if you know where to put the command in or if you know the little slew of text that allows me to put the sound in.
Thank you.
Re: how do I insert sounds into my character animations
#4  April 19, 2024, 02:59:03 pm
    • crepa.neocities.org
Please avoid creating repeated topics, use this one for your sound related issue.
I have no idea what you mean by script. Are we even talking about mugen?
Anyway, "sctrl" is a block of code you insert in the character files, and there are many sctrls that do different things. One of them is the "PlaySnd", which makes the character play a sound from their .snd file.
http://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/playsnd-sctrls-169020.0.html
If you need further help, take a look at KFM's files, they have useful information.
Re: how do i insert sounds into the playsnd sctrl?
#5  April 20, 2024, 01:12:44 pm
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
So, I've recently figured out where my sounds go in: in scripts. the only problem is that I don't know which part of the script to put it in. so I would like to ask you if you know where to put the command in or if you know the little slew of text that allows me to put the sound in.
Thank you.
It seems like you might want to read this
http://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/mugen-101-things-you-need-know-169758.0.html
Reading the first post should help you understand a lot of things really fast.

But it sounds like you just want to know how to put a sound into a specific move. So first thing you need to know is how to find out where that move is.
If you press CTRL+D it'll bring up the debug info. Do the move and you should see the values change. Watch what State you enter when you do the move.
Open the char with Fighter Factory and in the CNS file search for that number plus
]
so something like 718]
Use Ctrl+F to bring up the search bar in Fighter factory.
Somewhere in that state you'll see Anim=718 or whatever value it is. Type that value in the search bar, then switch to the AIR file. It'll look like the movie icon. Press enter and it should bring you to the anim 718. Press play, or scrub the bar to watch the animation. If it matches your move you need then you're in the right spot.
If it doesn't keep doing this ^^ process until you find your move.

Now you need to have your sound play.

[State 0, PlaySnd]
type = PlaySnd
trigger1 =
value = S0,0
volumescale = 0
channel = -1
;lowpriority = -1
freqmul = 1.0
loop = 0
pan = 0
;abspan =
;ignorehitpause = 1
;persistent =

is Fighter Factory's default playsnd, but all you need is

[State 0, PlaySnd]
type = PlaySnd
trigger1 = time = 718
value = S7,18

Put that inside the State and change the 718 and S7,18 to what you need. Did you do what DeathScythe said, or are your sounds already in the snd file and you just want to add it to that move??
vVv Ryuko718 Updated 10/31/22 vVv