YesNoOk

Stewie Griffin by Cybaster and Balthazar?!? (Read 3635 times)

Started by Dat Shambler, January 01, 2014, 12:37:49 am
Stewie Griffin by Cybaster and Balthazar?!?
#1  January 01, 2014, 12:37:49 am
    • UK
    • samthebaddy@gmail.com
Hey guys. I dunno if C&B are actually going to hear this and make it, but I've realized that there are little to no Stewie chars in Mugen currently. Which, for me, is quite sad since he's my favorite character in Family Guy. So, I was wondering if my favorite Mugen creators would actually take the time to make Stewie (they don't have to tho).
Re: Stewie Griffin by Cybaster and Balthazar?!?
#2  January 01, 2014, 01:28:54 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Unless you're willing to pay them, asking authors to make characters for you is frowned upon in the forums.
#3  January 01, 2014, 01:35:43 am
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
I don't watch Family Guy, don't know who this Stewie is, thus am totally not interested in coding him.

Nice to know I don't "have to" code him LOL.
#4  January 01, 2014, 02:11:10 am
    • Puerto Rico
    • www.youtube.com/user/Darkflares
I on the other hand am quite pleased at the lack of Stewie characters in Mugen.

That said, this never had a chance because Stewie isn't from DBZ.
#5  January 01, 2014, 02:32:21 am
    • Japan
#6  January 01, 2014, 02:42:43 am
  • Nostalgic Addic
  • Working...
    • USA
    • https://www.youtube.com/@NessTheAvatar
Yeah when you guys are done making Stewie go ahead and make me the entire cast of Ducky Dynasty and Jersey Shore, I expect them done by the first of the year ...
#7  January 01, 2014, 02:51:59 am
  • Estoy siempre listo para un desafío.
    • Puerto Rico
    • im41784@yahoo.com
Stewie? Hey balthazar and cybasted, if your taking request how bout vampire hunter D?
Just kidden I know this aint the tread for that, plus yall probally busy anyways.
#8  January 01, 2014, 02:58:29 am
  • For honor!
I guess I know my answer if I were to ask Cybaster and Balthazar to make a Brian Griffin that just dies once the round begins.
Iroha stripped for me
#9  January 01, 2014, 03:10:43 am
  • Staying Alive
    • Panama
That would be most excellent.
Chilling
#10  January 01, 2014, 03:15:08 am
  • i'm a gay trans lady
  • to hell with this site, find me at mffa or w/e
    • USA
    • Skype - MelvanaInChains
    • www.melv.thedailypos.org/
#11  January 01, 2014, 11:10:23 am
Another do-it-for-me request that goes in the Idea Engineering. Great.
#12  January 01, 2014, 01:14:32 pm
    • UK
    • samthebaddy@gmail.com
Ok. How do I close this thread? Sorry, I'm new!
#13  January 01, 2014, 06:07:20 pm
  • ¡Ni p*ta ni santa! ¡Digo!
Why don't you MAKE IT YOURSELF? It's not THAT hard.
I swear there was something cool here!!
#14  January 02, 2014, 09:42:11 am
  • Back to the Beginnings
    • https://discord.gg/hnyK7JZ

Well, I only partially agree.
While coding really isn't hard and can be learned easily by everyone, I gotta have to say that spriting can be EXTREMELY hard.
I, for example, can only color-seperate, recolor, reshade sprites and maybe do some minor edits or frankenspriting, but I cannot add new complicated details or sprite from scratch for the life of me. Thankfully, that's why commisions exist. You just need around 200$, and you're on.
About coding, just read the docs or around the "MUGEN Development Help" section of this forum, and try minor edits of already existing characters first, so you can start to understand the MUGEN coding.
===My discord servers===
Unlimited Force HQ: https://discord.gg/hnyK7JZ
Mega Man Megamix Engine Help Server: https://discord.gg/Wjm9GYU

Touhou database (by Ryouchi):
http://mugenfreeforall.com/index.php?/topic/8257-touhou-project/
you are all small and can't grow manly sideburns
#15  January 02, 2014, 09:51:12 am
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
Ok. How do I close this thread? Sorry, I'm new!
It's OK, these things aren't really immediately obvious. Some people here are going overboard.

You can lock your own threads using the buttons at the bottom of a page. You can also remove the topic if you want (but I'm not sure if there's a "Remove topic" button for normal users so you might have to use the "move topic" button to move the thread into the recycle bin)
#16  January 09, 2014, 11:02:42 am
  • ¡Ni p*ta ni santa! ¡Digo!
While coding really isn't hard and can be learned easily by everyone, I gotta have to say that spriting can be EXTREMELY hard.
I, for example, can only color-seperate, recolor, reshade sprites and maybe do some minor edits or frankenspriting, but I cannot add new complicated details or sprite from scratch for the life of me. Thankfully, that's why commisions exist. You just need around 200$, and you're on.
About coding, just read the docs or around the "MUGEN Development Help" section of this forum, and try minor edits of already existing characters first, so you can start to understand the MUGEN coding.

Pfff..."spriting is hard" it's the lazu reply. I mean, someone who REALLY wants to sprite, learns. It will take more or less time, but in the end will learn. I took 3 months for spriting half-assed things. It was TERRIBLE, of course, but being constant at it gives fruits.

In the other hand, I tried learning to code and I failed SO HARD. Why? Maybe because I didn't give myself enough time to learn it.
I swear there was something cool here!!
#17  January 09, 2014, 11:09:45 am
  • YERRRRRRRRRR
  • HIGHBRIDGE!
    • USA
    • Skype - DJHANNIBALROYCEUSA
    • sites.google.com/site/djhrmugen/

Pfff..."spriting is hard" it's the lazu reply. I mean, someone who REALLY wants to sprite, learns. It will take more or less time, but in the end will learn. I took 3 months for spriting half-assed things. It was TERRIBLE, of course, but being constant at it gives fruits.

In the other hand, I tried learning to code and I failed SO HARD. Why? Maybe because I didn't give myself enough time to learn it.

well said
Follow me on twitter! @djhannibalroyce
#18  January 09, 2014, 07:57:43 pm
  • Back to the Beginnings
    • https://discord.gg/hnyK7JZ

Well, I dunno. I always tried to sprite something from scratch, and it always ended up being either Atari2600-tier or like a child's drawing...I'm especially horrible at drawing hands.
At least I can try to sprite by using bases...
===My discord servers===
Unlimited Force HQ: https://discord.gg/hnyK7JZ
Mega Man Megamix Engine Help Server: https://discord.gg/Wjm9GYU

Touhou database (by Ryouchi):
http://mugenfreeforall.com/index.php?/topic/8257-touhou-project/
you are all small and can't grow manly sideburns
#19  January 09, 2014, 08:52:11 pm
    • tehwii@gmail.com

Honestly you can say this very easily, because you had the time to devote 3 months to trial and error. However, 3 months is a lot of time to just work on not sucking, and it would take some people even more to get over that hurdle. Then, you have to work on really refining and making your style good which takes even more time. Not everyone can do this. Not everyone has the patience, skill, free time or resources. Calling people lazy is ignorant. Some people just do not have the means. It does not excuse people from asking others to do it for them like freeloaders, but just because you are blessed with skills doesn't allow you to be a gigantic, generalizing asshole to everyone who doesnt have them.

You should keep in mind pixel art really becomes amazing when and if the person spriting has a background in anatomy or traditional art. Lots of shit goes into pixel art, and doing it yourself is a taxing, scary prospect (especially in MFG where people bash eachother over their "tastes" in spriting)
#20  January 16, 2014, 10:01:56 pm
    • UK
    • samthebaddy@gmail.com
Ok, sorry for the hassle guys! It won't happen again.