Share this topic:
MUGEN and kids
#1  February 01, 2024, 08:10:16 pm
  • The Modern Mystical Ninja
  • Goemon's Descendant
    • Chile
    • Skype - ardilla_shc
    • sites.google.com/view/ganbarelucifermugensite/
So I've seen many characters from preschool media being made into MUGEN, and I've thought an adult obviously won't do such a thing since the appeal may be wrong or ridiculous. Rather, a kid with basic internet access who finds MUGEN appealing does such content (although with poor-quality code).

So consider this a discussion to think about it... What's your stance on MUGEN and kids? Are you fine with it? Do you want to keep MUGEN off children otherwise? What would be the appropriate age to learn about MUGEN?

I want to see your opinions by comments below
"Heroes are not applied on good people with powers, they apply on cops, firefighters, medics." ~Lucifer

Re: MUGEN and kids
#2  February 01, 2024, 08:44:25 pm
  • Take better care of the plants around u or become
  • the fertilizer that feeds them.The choice is yours
    • Chile
    • network.mugenguild.com/basara/
I got a close experience about this. I got a kid of 8yo and I shown him about MUGEN and all its potential. He was just happy that his dad makes stuff for that, but it wasn't until my game he got interested. He loves stop motion as me and he loved ClayFighter: infinite Clayfare even when he didn't known previously about this game series. But he loved the game and when we're together (I'm separated, sadly), we always play to IC and he liked a lot the characters, at the point to know them in their original games
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
So yeah, maybe MUGEN could be a good experience for children, especially for those ones who doesn't know much about fighting games as much of us here... and could work for them as for some of us that we couldn't play the latest games until people made adaptations of characters, stages and all the content to ensemble ourselves the games

Rest in peace, Toriyama-san...
Normal WIPS - ClayFighter - Ideas - Anti-Gouki Project - Lifebars - Facebook - X