YesNoOk

Super's 3D Stage Releases (Read 5072 times)

Started by SuperFromND, December 28, 2023, 02:12:12 pm
Share this topic:
Super's 3D Stage Releases
New #1  December 28, 2023, 02:12:12 pm
  • Professional Amateur
    • USA
    • superfromnd.gitlab.io/
Welcome to my stage releases thread! This thread will contain all of my currently-released stages for Ikemen GO, and will also be updated for any future releases I create. This is both for the convenience of users and to not clog up the forums with tons of threads.

If you're looking for how to make 3D stages, see my guide here!

How to Install
All of the stages in this thread require you to be using the latest nightly builds of Ikemen GO as of this writing (December 28, 2023). (If you've downloaded one of these stages and it looks like it's missing something, try updating first!) Once you've installed the nightly build, the rest of the stage installation process is similar to that of normal stages:
  • Download one (or more) of the stages from this thread.
  • Extract the contents of the downloaded ZIPs (which should be 1 .SFF, 1 .DEF, and 1 .GLB file) into the stages folder of your Ikemen installation. If the stage contains a .OGG, place that file into the sound folder instead.
  • Edit the data/select.def file and add the path to the stage's .DEF file under the [Stages] field.

Stages
Stages are sorted by the model's source. Click the title to download the stage.

Original Creations
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Guilty Gear Xrd

Super Monkey Ball

Creator of the Ikemen GO Command List Generator and its successor, Iguana.
I also make 3D stage ports for Ikemen GO. You can find my stages here. :heart:
Last Edit: April 01, 2024, 11:05:11 pm by SuperFromND
Re: Super's 3D Stage Releases
#2  December 28, 2023, 07:39:04 pm
    • Portugal
    • network.mugenguild.com/pots/
Like I said before Third Heights is really great as a "home" stage. Worthy successor of Mountainside Temple. Great job. I'll be checking out the Super Monkey Ball one as well.
You can help with Ikemen GO's development by trying out the latest development build and reporting any bugs on GitHub.
My Mugen and Ikemen content can also be found here.
#3  March 11, 2024, 06:08:07 pm
  • Professional Amateur
    • USA
    • superfromnd.gitlab.io/
New Stage Release!
Guilty Gear Xrd - Neo New York

This one was something I've wanted to do ever since 3D stages were first implemented, and thanks to a QuickBMS script, UModel, and a lot of paitience manually matching textures and animating certain bits, Neo New York has now been converted. Not 100% sure if I'll do the same for the other stages in Xrd, but this was still a very fun stage to convert and the result is very much worth it IMO!

Note that even with optimizations this stage is fairly heavy on GPU draw calls (~80 according to gltf.report), so I'd recommend some beefier hardware for running this particular stage. Maybe. I haven't actually tested it on anything other than my main PC (which is comically overkill for Ikemen), so try it out and let me know how it goes. Enjoy! <3

[Quick update 3/12/2024: I just pushed out a quiet update to this stage to fix some unassigned textures, oops!]

Last Edit: March 12, 2024, 06:00:31 pm by SuperFromND
#4  March 20, 2024, 05:41:54 am
    • USA
Great work so far, dude!
Especially with the new Guilty Gear stage you made just now! The only thing I don't like about it is how weird it is when you walk into it, it's like it's part of the floor.
Then again, I pretty sure we don't know how to implement that kind of code yet. But still great job.
#5  March 22, 2024, 06:31:54 pm
  • Professional Amateur
    • USA
    • superfromnd.gitlab.io/
The only thing I don't like about it is how weird it is when you walk into it, it's like it's part of the floor.
Then again, I pretty sure we don't know how to implement that kind of code yet. But still great job.

Presumably right now Ikemen just renders 3D assets before rendering 2D ones on top, so there's no 3D-depth checks or anything that's accounted for. Figured it's best to leave in the foreground rubble just in case Ikemen GO does end up adding support for that down the line, though!