YesNoOk

Best and Worst Choices for Rosters (Read 249946 times)

Started by EveryonesKouhai, March 11, 2016, 05:47:09 am
Share this topic:
Re: Best and Worst Choices for Rosters
#201  March 28, 2016, 01:40:38 am
  • Prince of Latis
  • Destroy the Core!
    • Canada
    • Skype - Whiplash-1

Street Fighter, Smash Bros, Mortal Kombat, and MVC2 (actually I could argue the VS. series as a whole with shit like gold war machine and USAgent) are the same game???

DANG, I forgot those examples, too... I never knew U.S. Agent was a actual character in one of them, anyone know which one? I thought he was just a Mugen spriteswap...

MSH vs. SF. Also had Iron Zangief, Dark Sakura, Shadow, "Mephisto"(Red Blackheart)  and Iron Spider-man.
#202  March 28, 2016, 01:52:05 am
  • Super Mario Fighters 3 resurrected.
    • USA
    • doraemariby@yahoo.com
Wow, Iron Spider-Man... Thanks for the clarification.
#203  March 28, 2016, 03:03:50 am
  • Vs Style Debuts Tag Project CEO
  • The Dark Wolf Returns
    • USA
Don't forget Lilith-mode Morrigan, Orange Hulk and Red Venom and Shadow Lady in MvC1, who had separate but hidden slots. Also, I read the previous posts and I have to say, why are you ALL hating on my MvC2 main, Morrigan. Sure, she may be the most overrated Darkstalker but this is Japan's choice for a fan-service character. I've been seeing lots of people wanting Jon Talbain (My DS3 main) in a crossover but the closest thing he was to being in the Vs Series was becoming a skin alt for Amaterasu, which is sadly disappointing. As for the CvS series... I sort of agreeing here... because it's basically KOF vs Street Fighter since a majority of the roster are KOF & SF. Kyosuke from Rival Schools was a good addition but no Batsu (Least he showed up in TvC). Pika-Libre... that nothing more than fanservice to the Pika-fans who love that overrated rodent. Took the spotlight from Hawlucha, who has FAR more potential AND the ORIGINAL Flying Press user. I wish the Vs Series was revived... If only we can just see a MvC4 or CvS3 happening but they're nothing but hopes deffer-ed.
Beware the Dark Wolf once more!
Last Edit: March 28, 2016, 03:54:00 am by DarkWolf13
#204  March 28, 2016, 03:35:14 am
No hate here, you could do WAY worse than a typical looking succubus.

Like SC5's protag, that was supposed to be a serious effort at making a hero?
#205  March 28, 2016, 03:40:24 am
    • USA
    • doraemariby@yahoo.com
Don't forget Lilith-mode Morrigan, Orange Hulk and Red Venom in MvC1, who had separate but hidden slots.

That's it, I gotta YouTube some of these "hidden characters" in the Vs. games...

Wait, there was actually another wrestling Pokemon? Why in the heck didn't they just put that in, and make this Cosplay Pikachu a COMPLETELY separate character, with all of it's cosplays as attacks or something? That was a really silly roster choice...

lui

#206  March 28, 2016, 03:41:57 am
    • USA
No hate here, you could do WAY worse than a typical looking succubus.

Like SC5's protag, that was supposed to be a serious effort at making a hero?

In japan, incest is wincest!
#207  March 28, 2016, 03:48:03 am
Sadly it's the only thing he has going for him.
#208  March 28, 2016, 03:48:45 am
  • Prince of Latis
  • Destroy the Core!
    • Canada
    • Skype - Whiplash-1
Don't forget Lilith-mode Morrigan, Orange Hulk and Red Venom in MvC1, who had separate but hidden slots.

That's it, I gotta YouTube some of these "hidden characters" in the Vs. games...

Wait, there was actually another wrestling Pokemon? Why in the heck didn't they just put that in, and make this Cosplay Pikachu a COMPLETELY separate character, with all of it's cosplays as attacks or something? That was a really silly roster choice...

Cause that would make sense.

Personally my favorite hidden char in MVC is Shadowlady... Some weird shit going on with her. Also, gotta give props to Capcom for coming up with Red Hulk 10 years before marvel rofl.
#209  March 28, 2016, 03:52:17 am
  • The Dark Wolf Returns
    • USA
#210  March 28, 2016, 04:14:25 am
  • Seize the coveted miracle in the game of death.
...some of you never knew about these secret characters in the MvC series?

Shadow was my favorite character of Marvel vs Street Fighter, but the funny thing is that I actually wasn't aware of Nash's character until I bought SFA3 for the PS1 after playing MvSF, my mind got bendy for a moment back then heh.
(DeviantART) - Ignore my username on DA as it was made long before I learned what the fanbase was like...
#211  March 28, 2016, 04:17:30 am
  • The Dark Wolf Returns
    • USA
I had MvC1 for the PS1 (Fite me if you dare) and managed to unlock all the secret characters. I sort of liked Shadow Lady but I was just a little kid so I knew NOTHING about the names of moves and combos and whatnot. Also, fk dial-up internet back in the day.
#212  March 28, 2016, 04:22:38 am
  • Prince of Latis
  • Destroy the Core!
    • Canada
    • Skype - Whiplash-1
If you knew about Shadow Lady why did you seem so shocked when I mentioned her???
#213  March 28, 2016, 04:24:46 am
  • The Dark Wolf Returns
    • USA
I forgot to list her in my previous post about the other secret chars that are palette-swaps. Edited it with this type of text to include her.

lui

#214  March 28, 2016, 04:26:03 am
    • USA

Shadow was my favorite character of Marvel vs Street Fighter, but the funny thing is that I actually wasn't aware of Nash's character until I bought SFA3 for the PS1 after playing MvSF, my mind got bendy for a moment back then heh.

but shadow is one of the worst ones in MSHVSF! he's so slow :P
#215  March 28, 2016, 04:27:20 am
  • The Dark Wolf Returns
    • USA
Don't get me started with his super slow and blockable Lv 3 Super.
#216  March 28, 2016, 04:48:20 am
  • Build it, shape it, by my will.
For Aquapazza.

Worst: Taishi as a background sprite.  Screw you Examu.
#217  March 28, 2016, 05:01:52 am
    • USA
    • doraemariby@yahoo.com
I forgot to list her in my previous post about the other secret chars that are palette-swaps. Edited it with this type of text to include her.

So, all of those guys are just paletteswaps? They sound more like leftover debug data to me...
#218  March 28, 2016, 05:15:32 am
  • Prince of Latis
  • Destroy the Core!
    • Canada
    • Skype - Whiplash-1

So, all of those guys are just paletteswaps? They sound more like leftover debug data to me...

I don't think debug data gets their own unique endings and text for all their moves, different commands and unique properties(in some cases). It's more likely Capcom just had some extra space on the rom, and with the little bit of dev time before release decided to add a couple secret palette swaps as a bonus.
#219  March 28, 2016, 05:31:52 am
    • USA
    • doraemariby@yahoo.com
OOH, UNIQUE addons? I'll definitely do more research on this... 
#220  March 28, 2016, 05:49:17 am
  • Seize the coveted miracle in the game of death.

but shadow is one of the worst ones in MSHVSF! he's so slow :P

Being more or less 10 years old at the time I cared less about balance and more about the character being edgy/shady and cool, he was like Noob Saibot of that game to me in that regard :P
(DeviantART) - Ignore my username on DA as it was made long before I learned what the fanbase was like...