YesNoOk

SeanAltly's WIPs for Capcom vs. The World - Mr. X added to Page 5!!! (Read 424505 times)

Started by Sean Altly, May 18, 2011, 11:49:32 am
Share this topic:
Re: SeanAltly's WIPs for Capcom vs. The World - Mr. X added to Page 5!!!
#121  July 16, 2011, 11:55:50 pm
@TITILN..It wasnt a character suggestion..just something I thought wouldve been cool to see cuz I always wondered if Snake would be able to take the Boss or Volgin down. I know Big Boss did it but Solid is a different story..
oh so instead of a character suggestion it's just offtopic bullshit?? don't post that here either thanks
#122  July 17, 2011, 12:04:45 am
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
give him claws as his crouch stance.
#123  July 18, 2011, 08:26:45 pm
  • I'm behind you!!!
fine, character suggestion or not. does mrx jump at all? he sounds like the type who doesnt usually jump until 2nd form maybe. ive never played RE2 so I wouldnt know.
#124  July 18, 2011, 08:55:24 pm
  • (´ー`)ノ
Does that really matter though? Obviously he's gonna make him jump, Snake never jumps in MGS either.
#125  July 18, 2011, 09:25:13 pm
  • Palette God? Champion? AntiChrist? Something.
  • I AM THE KING OF PALETTES!!
    • USA
He does in Smash Bros though :P
#126  July 18, 2011, 10:43:44 pm
  • I'm behind you!!!
Well if Sean is gonna put sprarmor on this guy then I figured he might be similar to  Abyss in movement. and what good does bashing me about Snake do?
#127  July 19, 2011, 04:30:19 am
  • I'll do it myself.
    • France
    • Skype - djoulianne
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/hosted.html
mygod, sean this Mr. X looks incredibly well sprited!! sex-cellent stuff!!
#128  July 19, 2011, 11:40:00 am
  • Staaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrssssssssss !
hi SeanAltly , I do not know if you read my post  but I'm working on the project Biohazard (Resident Evil) mugen project, and I wanted to ask if I could put in the project  Mr. X just is finished (if for you is fine)

GOH

#129  July 19, 2011, 03:34:57 pm
    • Portugal
- I think his walk looks good except Mr. X barely moves his arms and legs that much.

- Mr. X was really slow in RE2 and only attacked fast when he was really close. Also when he was killed he would wobble and drop on his knees before hitting the floor (which IMO is a good animation for a chip damage KO).

- For the crouch, I haven't seen any footage of Mr. X crouching but IMO I think that if he crouched he would rest his arm on his knee kinda like K' does in his crouching animation. Atleast that's how I picture it anyway.
Re: SeanAltly's WIPs for Capcom vs. The World - Big News added to Page 7!!!
#130  July 26, 2011, 09:14:11 am
  • Deliverater
  • Who's that guy? A-L-T-L-Y
    • USA
    • www.mugenguild.com/seanaltly
Just wanted to update you guys and let you know I've got some pretty fun plans coming up for Capcom vs The World. I'm currently working on the endings for SHADEs 2, and once those are done and the AI is finished, I can release the game and then fully turn my attention to CvTW (which should hopefully have it's own sub-forum soon). I will of course do updates and patches for SHADEs 2 as needed (I won't be ignoring it after it's done, I will address bugs and other such problems).

The big plans I have stem from the recent brouhaha involving Capcom and Ultimate MvC3. I'm not going to complain about Capcom or Megaman or anything like that, I'm just going to say one thing and I think it's perfectly valid: Polls were held at Capcom Unity regarding who fans would most like to see as DLC for MVC3. We now know that MVC3 will get no further DLC and we get UMVC3 instead. The part that bugs me is that while most of the characters Capcom chose to be in UMVC3 did show up on the poll results, they ignored the number one Capcom pick and the top three Marvel picks. Now, before anybody gets angry, yes I realize the following things:

1. It was a "DLC" poll, so those characters may still show up as DLC in the future, and--
2. Venom was not a possibility because Marvel did not include him on the list of characters Capcom could pout in the game (for whatever reason).

It still bugs me to some extent, though. So, with that in mind, and also keeping in mind that I can only justify spending the time and effort to fully sprite characters I really care about, I am going to be putting 4 polls up that will let you guys determine 8 characters that will make it onto the CVTW roster. The polls will be separated into 4 categories:

1. Capcom Character (Existing Sprites) - Capcom characters who already have sprites available
2. Capcom Character (New Sprites) - Capcom characters I would have to fully create sprites for
3. The World Character (Existing Sprites) - Characters from non-Capcom franchises that already have sprites I can use
4. The World Character (New Sprites) - Characters from non-Capcom franchises that I would have to fully create sprites for

The choices will be determined by me (I will choose characters I like enough to actually want to make sprites for), and you guys will vote on them. I have already determined the eligible characters. The top 2 in each category will make it into the game. I've already determined the lists for each category, but I will save them for when I can post the polls. I want to have fun with this, but I also want you guys to be able to choose who you'd like to see in the game the most.

I think having a pool of characters I actually would like to create for you guys and then letting you choose which to create is a fair, fun compromise (since I obviously can't create them all). I hope you guys like the idea, and I can't wait to set up the polls so you can vote. I may also make a preview sprite for each character in the New Sprites category so you can get a look at what I'd be making. Let me know what you think!

Download Last Bout now!
#131  July 26, 2011, 09:24:35 am
  • Master Relic Tech
  • Screenpack Maker EX
This really sounds like fun and I'm looking forward to casting my vote. :sugoi:

GLB

#132  July 26, 2011, 10:49:45 am
    • network.mugenguild.com/glb/
It's a fun idea. I like that you're getting everyone else involved and that you're keeping enough of an open mind to let them make some sort of decision. I'm quite antsy to know who we'll be able to vote for and what the possibilities are. You've got my attention with this one.
#133  July 26, 2011, 11:11:32 am
    • Netherlands
    • network.mugenguild.com/balthazar/index.html
Very nice, I like to vote! Can't wait ;)
#134  July 26, 2011, 01:57:21 pm
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/saikoros-high-resolution-mugen-portraits-fatal-fury-full-set-145724.0.html
Mr X?? Dude.... Alongside Solid Snake and Rorschach, it looks like you have the same excellent tastes as I do in gaming, movies, and pop culture in general. Resident Evil 2 and Metal Gear Solid are top favorites of mine from the PlayStation era. Seeing Mr. X come to life by your hands makes the Gamer in me as giddy as a schoolgirl.

With your polling coming along, does that mean Mr. X will be placed on the backburner?? Hopefully not as he oozes style already. A few suggestions from the hardcore RE2 fan:

I say a super armor attribute would be perfectly fit for him. He moved gracefully, if not a little slow and lumbering. Armor would be perfect.

His basic walking movements should be slower yet his attacks should be fast with limited reach. Remember, his character was meant to be a stalker, so if he got in close he would be a menace. His RE2 rules shouldnt differ from his Mugen rules.

If everyone wants to see his true Tyrant form, I say that should make an appearance as a hyper, similar to what Jill offered in MvC2. Other nods to this can be provided through specials or throws. This would also allow for easier coding. N. Chaos from Melty Blood is a perfect example.

Crouching.... I like the fact that many badass boss characters couldn't crouch, like Shao Kahn, Motaro and Abyss. However, kneeling down would be interesting too, so I say you could go either way here. However, no crouching with armor would be a nice touch....

And thats all I got. It's great to see original work for Mugen from such talent. You are certainly creating a name for yourself Sean. I'm hooked on all of your work!!
All of your Mugen Portrait needs may be found HERE.

I'd like to report two robots on the MFG forums: One is EXShadow. The other is Saikoro.
There should be a Saikoro plugin for Photoshop.
Last Edit: July 26, 2011, 03:42:18 pm by Saikoro
#135  July 27, 2011, 12:24:01 am
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
Can't wait to see the polls and the choices you offer to us. :)
#136  July 31, 2011, 02:20:51 am
  • Deliverater
  • Who's that guy? A-L-T-L-Y
    • USA
    • www.mugenguild.com/seanaltly
Going to lock this thread and start up some individual threads for WIPs so they'll be more focused. The first one will be for Mr. X of course.

Download Last Bout now!