YesNoOk

Swiss Army Knife for Win, 1.0, 1.1 (Read 5804 times)

Started by Ziddia, October 10, 2020, 10:00:35 pm
Share this topic:
Swiss Army Knife for Win, 1.0, 1.1
#1  October 10, 2020, 10:00:35 pm
    • Canada
This is basically https://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/swiss-army-knife-winmugen-english-version--178952.0.html compatible with 1.1a4 and 1.1b1. Includes some additions I made (localcoord checking, full AssertSpecial list).

The tool lists all characters/helpers, explods, projectiles currently in play, supports frame-by-frame stepping, and lists all vars and other info about players/helpers. I only updated this to work with 1.1, most of the work is credit to an unknown Japanese developer and translation is credited to Vans (post is linked above).

Feel free to report bugs/request missing features.

Download: https://ux.getuploader.com/ZiddiaMUGEN/download/15 (2020/11/08 v2 version)

Example:

Last Edit: November 08, 2020, 11:42:56 pm by Ziddia
Re: Swiss Army Knife for Win, 1.0, 1.1
#2  November 08, 2020, 07:11:10 pm
    • Canada
Updated:
- enabled trigger-checking breakpoints for all MUGEN versions
- relabeled to 'Trigger breakpoint status' to be explicit that it will pause the process
Bugfixes:
- fixed functionality of 'Bring other windows to front' button
- fixed a bug where MUGEN would report as frozen when it really wasn't (related to wrong GameTime offset)
- fixed some issues related to MUGEN scaling (but not all)

Tutorial for the breakpoint system is on https://ziddia.blog.fc2.com/blog-entry-46.html. But basically it's in the Triggers tab, and it's just a method for automatically pausing MUGEN when conditions are true so that you can inspect the character. Pretty useful for debugging very frame-tight issues.

edit: updated with new link, added an alternative breakpoint method since certain antiviruses don't like the use of hardware breakpoints. If you have issues with regular breakpoints, please set `Enable Experimental Breakpoints` to ON in the Profile config.
Last Edit: November 08, 2020, 11:43:59 pm by Ziddia
#3  November 09, 2020, 07:55:50 pm
Great work!

I just want to report that the display is bugged when starting a mugen that has fullscreen enabled. Also, is there a way to enlarge the mugen window? It looks limited to 640x480 or something.
#4  November 10, 2020, 05:08:48 am
    • Canada
Great work!

I just want to report that the display is bugged when starting a mugen that has fullscreen enabled. Also, is there a way to enlarge the mugen window? It looks limited to 640x480 or something.
Thanks for the report, I'll look into it.

Being stuck to 640x480 is a limitation of the original program to make sure it fits in with the other debugging windows, but I'll take a look through it and see if there's a way to scale it up.
#5  November 10, 2020, 06:46:01 pm
  • Why,
Great work!

Being stuck to 640x480 is a limitation of the original program to make sure it fits in with the other debugging windows, but I'll take a look through it and see if there's a way to scale it up.
Original rogram?
Hey, can i help, or maybe i need help
#6  November 10, 2020, 08:42:49 pm
    • Canada
Great work!

Original rogram?

Like I mentioned in the OP, I just updated this tool to 1.1 and added/fixed a few features, the original program was made by a Japanese developer and translated by Vans :)
#7  November 12, 2020, 09:56:34 pm
  • Why,
Great work!
Original rogram?
Like I mentioned in the OP, I just updated this tool to 1.1 and added/fixed a few features, the original program was made by a Japanese developer and translated by Vans :)
oh  see...
Hey, can i help, or maybe i need help
#8  November 17, 2020, 10:43:10 pm
    • Japan
I can't do Continuous battle mode with mugen1.1.
No matter how many times I try, mugen freezes on the way.