YesNoOk

Joystick Spring Problem. (Read 1099 times)

Started by Renzo F, September 27, 2010, 09:21:15 pm
Share this topic:
Joystick Spring Problem.
#1  September 27, 2010, 09:21:15 pm
    • Peru
Hi guys, I have a Madcatz TE S and recently I'm having troubles pulling off relatively simple stuff like Shoryu->FADC->Ultra.

What's exactly the problem? When I dash forward for some reason I end up doing a BACK dash. I made some tests and I think the spring is causing the problem:
-If I press down and then let it go, the character ends jumping...
-If I press back with a charge character and then let the stick go I just have to press a button to get a move performed (i.e.: Sonic Boom).

It's like the spring isn't strong enough to prevent going in the opposite direction.

I wanted to ask you, owners of a Mafcatz TE with a JLF inside, if you experience the same. I don't want to waste time and money by changing the spring or other parts when the problem is ME.

Thanks in advance.
Re: Joystick Spring Problem.
#2  September 27, 2010, 10:20:52 pm
  • Just a butcher on a mission
    • www.justnopoint.com/lbends
#3  September 28, 2010, 01:03:45 am
    • Peru
Thanks, I'll give it a try. I heard before Seimitsu sticks are more sturdy in the feel, which is with no doubt because of the spring.
New #4  September 28, 2010, 02:39:58 am
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
    • http://jesuszilla.trinitymugen.net/
Seimitsu are a nice balance between American and Japanese feel. If you think Sanwa's too loose but hate the stiffness of HAPP/IL, go for it.

SFIV was made for Sanwa, and I personally play best with Sanwa. For older games like JoJo and Vampire Savior, I like using Seimitsu (probably because they were designed for it).

And yes, the spring generally IS the thing that gives them that feel; people mod their JLFs all the time with LS-32 springs because of this. You could also try out the ultimate mod (it's in the related videos of Insanius's link) for a closer Seimitsu feel.

The spring is indeed the cause of your problems. There was a term for what you described, but I forgot what it was called. Some people who use charge characters like to make use of that because all they need to do is let go after charging and then it will automatically complete the rest of the motion. Strangely enough, I think this is more common in IL/HAPP sticks which use fucking bigass springs because I KNOW I've seen it done here.
Last Edit: September 28, 2010, 02:44:48 am by Jesuszilla