YesNoOk

004 VS Screen editing? and rounds edit for teams? (Read 2829 times)

Started by KamiSquadX, November 11, 2021, 03:38:01 am
Share this topic:
004 VS Screen editing? and rounds edit for teams?
New #1  November 11, 2021, 03:38:01 am
    • USA
I managed to fix my character select screen, it used to have super enlarged character portraits going far beyond their boundary boxes.

I fixed it by going into "\data\add004\system.def" then scrolling to ";character select definition" and changing some numbers.
Like "pos = 6,258" to "pos = 6,180"
and portrait.offset = "0.5,0.5" to ..."0,0"
stage.pos = "320,478" to "320,175" etc.

Tbh it's been a while, and i don't remember where i got these values from.
Idk if i got the values from the non HD, non 004, SD version of the screenpack. Or if i got the values from trial and error which doesn't seem to be the case, it looks perfect like a copy and paste from a good system.def source.

I want to know where do i edit the VS loading screen now? It has the same issue like before i fixed the character select screen. The portraits are giant and over lapping on the left side of the screen, same with the four fighter's names. The two team fighters' names are over lapping each other. And the foreground that has the boxes for the character portraits could use a stretch to screen too.

Where and how can i fix this? Thanks

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I also would like to know why is it 1 out of my 3 team .bat loads (004.bat, bs0.bat, svc.bat) has the number of rounds needed for a win set to best out of 3/ first to 2 wins, when i'm sure i set it to only need 1 round to win. 004.bat and svc.bat are fine with only 1 round needed to win a match, while bs0.bat has best of 3 rounds/first to 2 wins to win a match. Why is that? how do i set the number of rounds needed to win for each .bat load? i would like to set the rounds needed to 1 for teams only while 1v1 can have best of 3 rounds, if possible

Edit: So i figured out where the portraits are to be edited, it's also in "\data\add004\system.def" it's in the "[VS Screen]" section. I fixed the portraits by editing p1.pos, p1.scale, p2.pos, p2.scale, p1.name.pos, p2.name.pos.
But for some reason, simultaneous teams' names still overlap each other. There is no listing for p3 and p4, which i tried adding extra "p3.name.pos", "p4.name.pos" lines but it had no effect.

Edit: Join my discord so we can communicate easier... these "verification" questions just to reply are insane.
https://www.discord.gg/Wx3tF5H
Last Edit: November 11, 2021, 08:30:27 am by KamiSquadX