YesNoOk

Hitpause or Ground Hit time? (Read 2859 times)

Started by Bruizerhands, January 02, 2024, 08:15:48 pm
Share this topic:
Hitpause or Ground Hit time?
#1  January 02, 2024, 08:15:48 pm
  • Bruizerhands All Things Mugen & IKEMEN
  • I will upload characters most of the time
    • USA
Hello! I'm making a character and I want the attacks to be accurate. I always thought I used pausetime in the HitDef to control the hit time. But I noticed that there is an additional hitime in Hitdef as well. Which one should I use?
“Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.” Mark Twain
Re: Hitpause or Ground Hit time?
#2  January 02, 2024, 08:38:28 pm
    • Portugal
    • network.mugenguild.com/pots/
Pausetime is how long the chars stay frozen when the attack connects, for the feeling of impact. HitTime is how long the enemy takes to slide back and recover from the hit.

You need to use both. Refer to the Hitdef documentation.
You can help with Ikemen GO's development by trying out the latest development build and reporting any bugs on GitHub.
My Mugen and Ikemen content can also be found here.
#3  January 02, 2024, 10:39:37 pm
    • France
Here is a chart that helped me a lot while working on hitdefs, especially ground hittime, guard hittime and pause time.

PauseTime will enhance the impact of a hit.
something between 9 to 14 gives nice impacts.

Hope it helps

- samurais, swords & stuff ? → Another Blade
#4  January 03, 2024, 04:59:52 pm
    • Portugal
    • network.mugenguild.com/pots/
That's a pretty good chart. I think the pausetime is shifted to the left and it could use a clarification that you can't act in the blue squares despite regaining control, but as a visual guide it's good.
You can help with Ikemen GO's development by trying out the latest development build and reporting any bugs on GitHub.
My Mugen and Ikemen content can also be found here.
New #5  January 05, 2024, 01:05:07 pm
    • USA
Pausetime is how long the chars stay frozen when the attack connects, for the feeling of impact. HitTime is how long the enemy takes to slide back and recover from the hit.

You need to use both. Refer to the Hitdef documentation.

Thanks for response! I am very appreciative. So HitTime and Pausetime does add to the players total recovery time?  I understand Pausetime (Guard.pausetime) affects both players hit/guard pause and HitTime only affects the enemy? I have been literally linking combos with Pausetime only this whole time!  I understand now. I was able to backwards addition to test out the attacks and it all adds up.
“Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.” Mark Twain
Last Edit: January 05, 2024, 07:27:39 pm by Bruizerhands
#6  January 05, 2024, 01:08:23 pm
    • USA
Here is a chart that helped me a lot while working on hitdefs, especially ground hittime, guard hittime and pause time.

PauseTime will enhance the impact of a hit.
something between 9 to 14 gives nice impacts.

Hope it helps

Thanks a lot for your time and response. I am still working on understanding this chart. It looks promising. But it hasn't clicked yet.
Last Edit: January 05, 2024, 01:16:36 pm by Bruizerhands