YesNoOk

Sunset Beach (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz (Read 1774 times)

Started by Vegaz_Parrelli, April 12, 2024, 04:56:01 pm
Share this topic:
Sunset Beach (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz
#1  April 12, 2024, 04:56:01 pm
  • I must continue my training...
[PREVIEW]

[DOWNLOAD]

Sunset

[COMMENT]

So...I decided to give this A.I. generated stage trend a go. I'll label these stages A.I.G.S.(Artifical Intelligence Generated Stage). I encourage other contributors to do the same. Here's my first release from that. It has zoom, parallax, animations and a looped bgm. The birds were actually drawn by @yahyaDraws(Hatter). Check'em out on Discord. Click and enjoy!

Do your best to become stronger. Become stronger, so you can do your best.

Mugen is a way for me to remain nostalgic with all of the dream matches I cooked up as a kid. It's also what I call a "Digital Action Figure Collection."
MaxBeta link=topic=155656.msg1876950#msg1876950 date=13867
Vegaz_Parrelli...also known as The Lord of the Rings.
[/quote said:
Re: Sunset Beach (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz
#2  April 12, 2024, 05:11:35 pm
    • www.newagemugen.com/f107-dark-zemx-s-edits
Dope stage man, definitely another W. Great stuff as always!
#3  April 12, 2024, 05:25:31 pm

Mugen is a way for me to remain nostalgic with all of the dream matches I cooked up as a kid. It's also what I call a "Digital Action Figure Collection."
[/quote said:
#4  April 12, 2024, 09:11:19 pm
    • crepa.neocities.org
Cool idea and stage. May I ask how you animated the water? ;P
#5  April 13, 2024, 12:22:36 am
    • Colombia
    • arfercon@gmail.com
very nice. good wave effect
#6  April 13, 2024, 01:08:11 am
    • USA
I like it, but of course I see the art issues and it's not something I can fix and popping the hood in Fighter Factory I can see you just straight animated it with frames instead of some other effect which probably means you already sunk quite a lot of time into it.

The way to get this to look near perfect would be to cut the art you want to have the wave effect right on the bottom of the white foam edge.

Currently it looks like you took the part of the source image you have umm "vibrating" falling below a seam you cut out for the beach. In order for the effect to work the wavy part would have to be instead on top so the foam is flowing over the finer sand detail without breaking/interfering with it.

I don't expect you to redo this whole thing, but it's something to keep in mind for next time you want to try that effect.

Edit: I didn't notice it at first but your floor is also sliding.
Last Edit: April 13, 2024, 01:13:51 am by Carmell
#7  April 13, 2024, 04:11:01 am
Cool idea and stage. May I ask how you animated the water? ;P

Thanks! I use Squrlz. An oldie but goodie.

very nice. good wave effect

Thanks a bunch, bro.

I like it, but of course I see the art issues and it's not something I can fix and popping the hood in Fighter Factory I can see you just straight animated it with frames instead of some other effect which probably means you already sunk quite a lot of time into it.

The way to get this to look near perfect would be to cut the art you want to have the wave effect right on the bottom of the white foam edge.

Currently it looks like you took the part of the source image you have umm "vibrating" falling below a seam you cut out for the beach. In order for the effect to work the wavy part would have to be instead on top so the foam is flowing over the finer sand detail without breaking/interfering with it.

I don't expect you to redo this whole thing, but it's something to keep in mind for next time you want to try that effect.

Edit: I didn't notice it at first but your floor is also sliding.

Believe me, I did this floor several times. And each time I'd miss part of the foam or have an edge to jagged. The mouse pad on my laptop is a bit janky these days. It sometimes double clicks which leads to chaos, lol!

[/quote said:
#8  April 13, 2024, 05:24:30 pm
    • USA
I felt like I wasnt explaining myself well so I made you a little video.

#9  April 13, 2024, 09:25:17 pm
I felt like I wasnt explaining myself well so I made you a little video.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNlh7LvtR_o[/youtube]

Nah, I got the point.

The birds are a legitimate critique. They would look better if those two didn't collide. The rock can be as you said, just below the surface. I seen that shadow but imma keep that. The floor sliding is a result of zoomdelta on the ground. Remove that from all the sprites and that should make it all better. But me not having parallax is cap. It's subtle but it's there. Using parallax on animations is totally fine. But if I get a few more comments about the edge of the water, I may give it another try.

[/quote said:
#10  April 13, 2024, 11:08:34 pm
    • USA
Well your zoomdelta fix worked...creates a line of exposed void at the bottom but that's easily fixed by boundlow -1.

I couldve sworn animations werent compatible with parallax. Couldve swore I saw a tutorial explicity stating that and how to try to get around it, so my bad, but on the plus side I just did some experiments and it absolutely works so I just learned something important for future stage creation myself. So thanks for pointing that out.
#11  April 13, 2024, 11:47:42 pm
Well your zoomdelta fix worked...creates a line of exposed void at the bottom but that's easily fixed by boundlow -1.

I couldve sworn animations werent compatible with parallax. Couldve swore I saw a tutorial explicity stating that and how to try to get around it, so my bad, but on the plus side I just did some experiments and it absolutely works so I just learned something important for future stage creation myself. So thanks for pointing that out.

No problem. I know the tutorial. You didn't imagine it. It's just outdated. We used to use bgctrl to make parallax floor frames appear and dissappear in sequence, which behaved like an animation. But 1.1 allows animated Parallax. Check out the bg and bgtut documents in the Doc folder.

[/quote said: