YesNoOk

How do I add/resize a character icon in the select screen. (Read 9353 times)

Started by DrySkies, April 13, 2015, 10:38:05 pm
Share this topic:
How do I add/resize a character icon in the select screen.
#1  April 13, 2015, 10:38:05 pm
    • UK
    • TheRealDryBoy@gmail.com
Hello.
I was working on my MUGEN game and I have a problem with some of the characters icons are too big and I was wondering how do i change the size of them Also some are missing.
Does anyone know how to fix the missing ones or add some sprites for them and does anyone know how to resize the images.

Missing Image and portrait (Blank in game)

Image is too big

Both images are taken while I was in Vselect

Thanks
~Dry
Re: How do I add/resize a character icon in the select screen.
#2  April 14, 2015, 04:03:08 am
  • I like bread
    • USA
If that's how big it is in fighter factory, I would save it, probably resize and/or crop some of it in photoshop by 25x25 pixels. Also you could save a sprite from the sff and crop it to 25x25 pixels and just make sure it shares the same palette as the rest of the sprites.
Re: How do I add/resize a character icon in the select screen.
#3  April 15, 2015, 12:47:32 pm
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
You can use Fighter Factory 3 to resize it. RotSprite is probably the best tool out there for simple resizes.
In FF3, find the image. Double it, using the two picture icon. Rename it to something like 9000,100.
Go back to the 9000,0 one. Press the "Open the Image Editor" button. You can use Resize right in FF3 and change it to 25x25 and you'd be good.

As for the blank images, you need to make a sprite named 9000,0. You could copy/double the 0,0 sprite and crop it to 25x25. Save it as 9000,0 and youll have an image there.
vVv N00bSaibot & Muramasa RoofTop vVv