YesNoOk

. (Read 36693 times)

Started by Inactive user, November 22, 2023, 03:36:56 am
New #1  November 22, 2023, 03:36:56 am

Last Edit: April 03, 2024, 06:57:02 am by Inactive user
Re: New Faces for CVS POTS in 2024 - What are your requests?
#2  November 22, 2023, 04:35:02 am
  • Did I hear something about a scooby snack?
    • USA
    • squidlypoli1.neocities.org
I feel like this would be better in Idea Engineering since it's less asking for pre-existing content and more brainstorming and hypotheticals. I know there have been a few attempts at PotS-ifying some of these characters (Nexus Games doing Bass, Laslab Games doing Chris Redfield, Prime SC doing Rick Strowd) but those aren't particularly... great, and not everyone in your image would adapt well to the style.

I'd personally like to see better adaptations of the remaining CvS2 base cast since a lot of the existing PotS sus versions of them are just whatever Warusaki or Gal did being copypasted into Memo's 10-year-old PotS template, and don't really show what the characters are capable of doing in source, or even showing the best of their abilities like the characters actually by PotS usually did. I can't say everyone from CvS2 is adaptable (Chang and Choi are missing a lot of their KoF moves, and youd have to get really creative with Todoh to make him really feel PotS-ey), but a good amount could work with it.

I also just want to see more variety in the scene as it is. There's way too much PotS, way too much OHMSBY, and way too much JUS (guilty as charged), and a lot of the cool variety people from yesteryear either left or are currently MIA. There's not really a lot of ways to bring people into the scene that aren't just SaltyBet or Brergrsart or crazy "anything goes" compilations, so making new and fresh characters from more modern sources (or even old ones that are more obscure) would help, but I doubt it's going to happen any time soon due to how demanding resources actually are.
#3  November 22, 2023, 04:56:55 am
  • The Forsaken Warrior
  • Let us grieve existence, together.
    • Mexico
"We all love POTS Style"

I don't
#4  November 22, 2023, 09:54:25 am
  • ¡Ni p*ta ni santa! ¡Digo!
"We all love POTS Style"

I don't
Who are you and what have you created, aside hate? Thanks.

Also, the topic feela more lile a request than else. Let's follow the game hahahaha. I'd say Shun'ei, since he has his sprites converted to classic kof too(I don't remember the name of the author), but it would be a nice adittion.
I swear there was something cool here!!
#5  November 22, 2023, 12:19:12 pm
    • sites.google.com/view/mugenmultiverse
I think it's good, I really like POTS style.

With all due respect, as others have said, some characters are a bit PotS-ifying. POTS is good to have a lot of sprites, parry, rolling, a lot of intros and wins poses, color separation and palettes.

Another problem, in my opinion, is that not all characters fit into POTS. Hulk, Superman, Ironman, Captain Marvel, and some anime characters need to be heavily nerfed to fit into the pots style.

There was a rain of POTS-ifying chars in 2023 and almost none of them really polished POTS. They are burning cartridges, because if someone wants to create one of these characters, the authors will accuse them of editing and not giving credit.

In time, at least in this 2024 list the chars I am creating do not appear
#6  November 22, 2023, 12:56:34 pm
  • Formerly known as HyperClawManiac
  • Competitive MUGEN when?
    • UK
    • sites.google.com/view/ragingrowen/home

Pretty much matches my 2 cents on this.

Some characters don't mesh well with the style unless you modify or reconsider the way they play. You can't just copy their code from an existing version of them, because they kinda become PotS in FX and Mechanics only.
It comes off as the characters being converted just so a PotS version of them can exist and not much else.
WIP Schedule:
The next Street Fighter All-Stars update
#7  November 22, 2023, 03:44:29 pm
  • The Forsaken Warrior
    • Mexico
"We all love POTS Style"

I don't
Who are you and what have you created, aside hate? Thanks.

I really don't know how exactly my post creates "hate" when is just my opinion. That's very nonsensical but whatever

And for you information, I actually work on a full game project alongside other people... The VS Style Debuts Tag Team Revolution Project that even has a page here on this site, you should check it out. We are working on revamping the game with new mechanics and more combo possibilities

Can't wait to work on Shun'ei for that project btw
#8  November 22, 2023, 03:57:58 pm
    • Portugal
    • network.mugenguild.com/pots/
You can help with Ikemen GO's development by trying out the latest development build and reporting any bugs on GitHub.
My Mugen and Ikemen content can also be found here.
#9  November 22, 2023, 04:17:25 pm
    • Brazil
Art by Ilya Kuvshinov - Illustrator and Story Artist http://kuvshinov-ilya.deviantart.com/ - http://kuvshinov-ilya.tumblr.com/
#10  November 22, 2023, 05:06:01 pm
  • Self-Sufficient Subhuman
  • "I hope you're ready for a beating!"
    • USA
I also just want to see more variety in the scene as it is.
Me too. But then every time someone makes something different it barely gets attention.

This lol

I’m not a fan of the PotS style (no offense), I think it’s become horrendously oversaturated. There’s just too much of it, to the point where nothing really feels unique now.

But yeah. Most people eat it up. So the lack of variety in the scene seemingly doesn’t matter.

I also can’t wait to get hated for not liking PotS style lol
#11  November 22, 2023, 05:10:24 pm
  • The Forsaken Warrior
    • Mexico
I also just want to see more variety in the scene as it is.
Me too. But then every time someone makes something different it barely gets attention.

This lol

I’m not a fan of the PotS style (no offense), I think it’s become horrendously oversaturated. There’s just too much of it, to the point where nothing really feels unique now.

But yeah. Most people eat it up. So the lack of variety in the scene seemingly doesn’t matter.

I also can’t wait to get hated for not liking PotS style lol

We spread "hate" Jake!

#12  November 22, 2023, 05:13:58 pm
  • Self-Sufficient Subhuman
  • "I hope you're ready for a beating!"
    • USA
#13  November 22, 2023, 05:54:16 pm
    • Brazil
Stop spreading the hate dammit!

:mlol:

Art by Ilya Kuvshinov - Illustrator and Story Artist http://kuvshinov-ilya.deviantart.com/ - http://kuvshinov-ilya.tumblr.com/
#14  November 22, 2023, 06:12:39 pm
    • crepa.neocities.org
Everyone has their preferences, be it pots tile, ohmsby tile, mvc tile, whatever. No one is obligated to like a style.
I think that phrase was more to get attention, but we can't deny this specific style has many fans and imitators.

I get why some people "don't like" the style, or think it's oversaturated. As stated here, we have a lot of characters that are just slapped in the template and not given the attention to detail.

The thing is, doing it right is not easy. Well, nothing is easy if you want itto be good, and I'm not talking specifically about mugen.
I think because we have a lot of characters made in this style that are not 'good', we get the feeling that "if it's pots tile, then it is bad". Or maybe is just my own way of thinking, idk. This can also be said about other styles too, I'm not the biggest fan of MvC2 but I like playing it sporadically, I remember there were a lot of bad MvC2 chars out there. Like really bad. :P

Edit: I forgot the most important part of this topic:

Put your characters in the comments, who knows, maybe a creator can make your request a reality.

If you want something to be made, do it yourself, or prepare your wallet.
Last Edit: November 22, 2023, 06:22:46 pm by DeathScythe
#15  November 22, 2023, 06:48:45 pm
  • In a few minutes, bitch
    • Germany
I think because we have a lot of characters made in this style that are not 'good', we get the feeling that "if it's pots tile, then it is bad".

It doesn't help that the boundaries of what's good were pushed quite a bit in the past few years. I particularly think that my past releases haven't aged that well, but those creations, were regarded by me and others as pretty high quality releases.

I'd like to see a PotS Leona that fixes the animation issues present in the KoF sprites. Especially on the jumping animations.
#16  November 22, 2023, 07:12:12 pm
  • Build it, shape it, by my will.
Chang and Choi.  Mostly on how the creator would implement recent tag/puppet/striker mechanics of today to give Chang and Choi a more versatile gameplay while blending the duo's CvS playstyle, maybe give them additional buffs like how JMorphman has done with King.

I'm kinda surprised this has not yet been tackled on, but then again, it's Chang and Choi.
#17  November 22, 2023, 08:25:24 pm
  • ¡Ni p*ta ni santa! ¡Digo!

I really don't know how exactly my post creates "hate" when is just my opinion. That's very nonsensical but whatever

Exactly, your opinion. Going to a post like this ONLY to say that is like you're looking for attention or someone to fight at. No es chido. Not cool. No mola.
I for example don't like the KoF style but I respect the creators. And I don't go to the KoF projects saying that style is not nice or whatever. I don't spread my personal taste over other people that likes it. And of course, as my opinion out of tune with that could create a flamewar, I prefer to shut up.SF? I'm in. CvS? I'm in. KoF? I love the designs, but not the gameplay. MvC? Like the designs, like the characters, not liking the gameplay. That's all. Personal tastes.

And for you information, I actually work on a full game project alongside other people... The VS Style Debuts Tag Team Revolution Project that even has a page here on this site, you should check it out. We are working on revamping the game with new mechanics and more combo possibilities

Can't wait to work on Shun'ei for that project btw

Fine you're working on something. New faces are always welcome.

Stop spreading the hate dammit!

You'd better spread the Word of God, infidel xD!!

It doesn't help that the boundaries of what's good were pushed quite a bit in the past few years. I particularly think that my past releases haven't aged that well, but those creations, were regarded by me and others as pretty high quality releases.

I'd like to see a PotS Leona that fixes the animation issues present in the KoF sprites. Especially on the jumping animations.

But that's something that happens to a lot of people. You know the opinion I have about my Viper. BTW, what issues on Leona you're speakking about?

PS: I forgot it!! One of the most beloved Martians and for sure the cutest!!

This one has all its sprites from SvC/NGBC converted to (kinda) CvS.

I swear there was something cool here!!
#18  November 22, 2023, 11:38:35 pm
  • The Forsaken Warrior
    • Mexico

Exactly, your opinion. Going to a post like this ONLY to say that is like you're looking for attention or someone to fight at. No es chido. Not cool. No mola.
I for example don't like the KoF style but I respect the creators. And I don't go to the KoF projects saying that style is not nice or whatever. I don't spread my personal taste over other people that likes it. And of course, as my opinion out of tune with that could create a flamewar, I prefer to shut up.SF? I'm in. CvS? I'm in. KoF? I love the designs, but not the gameplay. MvC? Like the designs, like the characters, not liking the gameplay. That's all. Personal tastes.

Geez, my friend. You could ignore me like I'm ignoring AlesRos' posts

It was not that serious, just telling Maze to not speak for everyone....

#19  November 23, 2023, 12:03:54 am
  • In a few minutes, bitch
    • Germany
BTW, what issues on Leona you're speakking about?
Leona is a KoF character from the old games, and as such has a fair amount of animation quirks related to low framecount on his animations.

Some of them don't look that bad, as there's some clever frame recycling going on:

Some of them look quite choppy tho:

But the real dealbreakers come from the jumping animations.
This is her (overly complicated) neutral jump:

This is her coherent but choppy at the end forwards jump:

And this is her embarrassing backwards jump:

I'd say time and time again in the MFG Discord that while Leona is one of my favorite characters and I'd be totally down to code her even with her KoF sprites, the absolute choppyness of her jumping animations holds me back from doing do. I'd totally code Leona if an animator smooth her animations out like Guillotine does.
#20  November 23, 2023, 12:11:32 am
  • The story begins with who's gonna win
    • USA
Sorry to intrude on the Leona thing

Geez, my friend. You could ignore me like I'm ignoring AlesRos' posts

It was not that serious, just telling Maze to not speak for everyone....

There's the point at which an opinion is an opinion, and there's the point at which you need to get out of the thread.

We're now at the latter point.
Nevermind, there's nothing I can do
Bet your life there's something killing you
It's a shame we have to die, my dear
No one's getting out of here alive
This time
What a way to go, but have no fear
This time
It's a shame we have to disappear
This time, this time, this time