YesNoOk

DEAD EXPLOSION MOTHER (stage viewer tool) (Read 3647 times)

Started by Foobs, February 29, 2024, 02:48:50 am
Share this topic:
DEAD EXPLOSION MOTHER (stage viewer tool)
#1  February 29, 2024, 02:48:50 am
  • 90's Kawaii
  • :thinking:
    • Guatemala

Made a character that can manipulate the camera using Ikemen's new cool tools. Check my repository or the character's movelist for more info.

Download here
Re: DEAD EXPLOSION MOTHER (stage viewer tool)
#2  February 29, 2024, 05:34:04 pm
    • Portugal
    • network.mugenguild.com/pots/
You're just having a blast with ZSS aren't you?

Here's some feedback/suggestions:

- Camera is offset to one side at round start instead of being centered
- On that note, could use a recentering command
- The char can move up more than it needs to. So when you try to bring the camera down afterwards there's a noticeable lag to it. Same thing happens on the sides. It looks like you already took some measures against it so it's a minor thing but I felt it was worth pointing out
- I think the zoom is not "stagebound". If you scroll all the way up and zoom, you will see outside the edges of the stage
- P2 can exit the stage (minor, funny issue that is probably intentional)
- You were too conservative on the zoom feature I think. Full zoom out and a CSI-style "enhance" zoom in would be cool
- I think you should allow P2 to autoturn because they will turn when using any move with facep2 anyway. That and it reverses the inputs in my chars
- Inputting a direction could maybe disable the tracking camera and go back to free view
You can help with Ikemen GO's development by trying out the latest development build and reporting any bugs on GitHub.
My Mugen and Ikemen content can also be found here.
#3  March 01, 2024, 02:32:58 am
  • 90's Kawaii
    • Guatemala
You're just having a blast with ZSS aren't you?

Here's some feedback/suggestions:

- Camera is offset to one side at round start instead of being centered
I'll add an exception so intros look normal.
- On that note, could use a recentering command
Might add as a function if I can think of more 2 button inputs that feel natural.
- The char can move up more than it needs to. So when you try to bring the camera down afterwards there's a noticeable lag to it. Same thing happens on the sides. It looks like you already took some measures against it so it's a minor thing but I felt it was worth pointing out
- I think the zoom is not "stagebound". If you scroll all the way up and zoom, you will see outside the edges of the stage
I've tried a lot of things to fix these two. Stagebound doesn't fix the zoom, topedge just doesn't give you the right coordinates for the ceiling.
- P2 can exit the stage (minor, funny issue that is probably intentional)
Yeah that one's staying.
- You were too conservative on the zoom feature I think. Full zoom out and a CSI-style "enhance" zoom in would be cool
I'll add that along with better simul support.
- I think you should allow P2 to autoturn because they will turn when using any move with facep2 anyway. That and it reverses the inputs in my chars
Noted.
- Inputting a direction could maybe disable the tracking camera and go back to free view
Eh, not feeling that one.
#4  April 04, 2024, 12:35:03 pm
    • Morocco
What's the stage used here ?
#5  April 04, 2024, 02:13:49 pm
  • 90's Kawaii
    • Guatemala