YesNoOk

NoZ W.I.P War2oNe (ART CONTEST FOR MAIN MENU) (Read 549620 times)

Started by NoZ, March 20, 2012, 12:53:03 am
Share this topic:
Re: NoZ W.I.P (Legacy)
#421  May 02, 2013, 01:17:52 am
  • tired
    • Skype - Istillhasnoname
I can barely read the text, maybe replace the black with a brighter shiny color like silver.
Is finding MUGEN to be more enjoyable to play when you're not wearing clothes an underrated opinion?

GLB

#422  May 02, 2013, 01:22:12 am
    • network.mugenguild.com/glb/
I can read it just fine. Perhaps a shade or two lighter would suffice, but bright and shiny would clash bad imo.

NoZ

#423  May 02, 2013, 01:23:38 am
  • pain is weakness leaving the body
    • Puerto Rico
    • phantomgs.forumotion.net/
damn mugen gradients,yeah I think Ill go will a lil bit lighter to see how it looks

Posted: May 02, 2013, 01:28:09 am

How bout now,double post for the win
#424  May 02, 2013, 02:45:06 am
  • Master Relic Tech
  • Screenpack Maker EX
Heck yeah way better and I understand on gradient issue. I had the same problem a while back. Don't forget me on the colored fonts.lol
#425  May 02, 2013, 03:02:07 am
  • stressed weeb
    • USA
    • derpyhawk@gmail.com
How many slots will there be?

NoZ

#426  May 02, 2013, 03:49:09 am
    • Puerto Rico
Well custom version will have 33 slots and normal port version will have 76
#427  May 02, 2013, 03:50:00 am
  • tired
Is finding MUGEN to be more enjoyable to play when you're not wearing clothes an underrated opinion?
#428  May 02, 2013, 05:25:49 am
    • USA
That looks way better.
#429  May 02, 2013, 01:13:57 pm
  • [The Destroyer]
  • College Life is Killing Me
    • USA
    • Skype - wattawright
    • mugencoder.com/authors/view/watta
#430  May 05, 2013, 12:50:21 am
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/saikoros-high-resolution-mugen-portraits-fatal-fury-full-set-145724.0.html
How bout now

:pwnonk:

It seems us of high artistic/creative caliber seem to think alike. This looks fucking ACE NoZ. Wow. Your projects continually improve in scope and quality. Gnarly. :thumbsup:

Seeing how Ridge Racer V has, in my opinion, one of the slickest and impressive menu designs ever, perhaps you could create some elements inspired by V's overall design. Even though this game was a launch title for the PS2, it still holds up design wise and your Legacy design reminds me a lot of this. And LOLO 1010, the theme playing in the background, is one of my all time favorites. Yeah, this is when Namco rocked the PlayStation era. Check it out below:

One problem I have with WarZoNe is that while being very good looking, too many of your elements looked... stiff and barren. The fire effect was nice, and Ryu looked fantastic. But there wasn't much movement going on outside of your ambient animations, and that detracted from your overall experience. What I loved so much about BrokenMugen before converting it to 1.0 was all of those animations going on all over the place, giving you that sense of "wow, some shit is about to go down" as you navigated your screens.

If you look at the scrolling red and blue at the beginning of the video, maybe you could have a group of images that fade in and out, going in order, underneath a scrolling element. Example: Akuma will be on screen for 5 seconds, and fades/transitions into Iori who lasts for 5 seconds, fading into, say, Ryu, etc. This could be happening while your circle looking template scrolls to the right at a nice slow pace, adding a much needed dynamism that looks busy and includes movement. This will rectify the issue I mentioned above with WarZoNe.

I really LOVE the slow vertical scrolling text on the main menu, as well as Reiko's Silhouette moving within the center of the screen. Namco also incorporated a simple drop shadow on the font system adding a nice level of bold amidst your primary colors and greys, allowing for a very distinct design element. It's menu's, starting at 1:49, also have some nice font usage that is very bold and distinct. Also, and while this wouldn't be possible in Mugen, the Menu logos (starting 58) are simple yet elegant. Perhaps some inspiration for design here?? I fucking love those animations.

Just a little creative insight from my crazy mind I figured I'd share. Again, this is shaping up rather nicely. I say it already blows WarZoNe away. And that speaks massive volumes.
All of your Mugen Portrait needs may be found HERE.

I'd like to report two robots on the MFG forums: One is EXShadow. The other is Saikoro.
There should be a Saikoro plugin for Photoshop.

NoZ

#431  May 07, 2013, 12:09:47 am
    • Puerto Rico
Who wants Legacy in 1.1?

vote
#432  May 07, 2013, 12:21:32 am
  • CVS3 = Win
    • USA
    • sites.google.com/site/enlightendshadow/
that tekken looking SP is looking fantastic!  I can't believe i missed this one!  I like your main menu and select screen.   
#433  May 07, 2013, 12:23:59 am
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/saikoros-high-resolution-mugen-portraits-fatal-fury-full-set-145724.0.html
Voted for 1.0. I say you stick to your guns and release this as your last great screenapck for 1.0. Then come back and blows away, again, with something monstrous in 1.1.

Or be different and release this for both 1.0 and 1.1, each with their specific dynamics and differences.
All of your Mugen Portrait needs may be found HERE.

I'd like to report two robots on the MFG forums: One is EXShadow. The other is Saikoro.
There should be a Saikoro plugin for Photoshop.
#434  May 07, 2013, 02:08:20 am
  • Master Relic Tech
  • Screenpack Maker EX
Voted for 1.0. I say you stick to your guns and release this as your last great screen pack for 1.0. Then sign with me for 1.1 content, on the doted line.lol  When we do our collaboration together, it's going down in mugen history.
#435  May 07, 2013, 02:09:11 am
  • tired
1.0 because 1.1 is overrated.
#436  May 07, 2013, 02:13:06 am
  • Staying Alive
    • Panama
1.0 Exclusive...
Chilling

NoZ

#437  May 07, 2013, 02:30:09 am
    • Puerto Rico
I'm thinking of making the normal port version 1.0 and making the custom one 1.1.........
#438  May 07, 2013, 02:34:38 am
  • "I'm not going to Hell alone"
Gonna vote for 1.0 due to the fact my POTS style roster won't appear on 1.1 :/ lol
I was the Perfect warrior! Cold and Ruthless! I lived by my strength alone! Uninhibited by foolish emotion!
#439  May 07, 2013, 06:30:54 am
    • Zimbabwe
    • hephaistos1.wix.com/mugen-palace
Voted for 1.1. At this time, it's 50%/50% :)
#440  May 07, 2013, 06:43:56 am
  • [The Destroyer]
  • College Life is Killing Me
    • USA
    • Skype - wattawright
    • mugencoder.com/authors/view/watta
I'm thinking of making the normal port version 1.0 and making the custom one 1.1.........

This seems like the best choice IMO.

Maybe you should add this option to the voting poll