#61  February 27, 2012, 06:05:18 am
  • Legend now but still learning
    • USA
    • http://cvsnb.deviantart.com/
Re: Re: LM_MAVERIK'S shit
#62  February 27, 2012, 06:06:13 am
    • UK
    • strides2glory.com/
@Mav I dropped you a few doses of feedback a few times.
As a matter of a fact, You liked my feedback (Although much earlier feedback IIRC, wasn't regarded much...)
I was also a follower if your works.

i liked your feedback? you mean the blank slot and empty space?i cant even remember the last time you gave me feedback bro............
if you've provided feedback it was most likely 1/40 odd posts. point is you are not one of the names that come straight to my mind in regards to feedback

@cvs

cheers.
#63  February 27, 2012, 06:12:46 am
  • The Only Easy Day was Yesterday
    • USA
    • www.facebook.com/truemicah
Twas only a few times.
I mostly comment on graphical suggestions, cosmetics and the such.  Its hard to keep track of you honestly.
#64  February 27, 2012, 06:19:36 am
    • UK
    • strides2glory.com/
Twas only a few times.
I mostly comment on graphical suggestions, cosmetics and the such.  Its hard to keep track of you honestly.

...................so then you shouldnt be complaining. and you wont be seeing your name in the credits if thats what you were hoping for mate...............
#65  February 27, 2012, 06:35:17 am
  • The Only Easy Day was Yesterday
    • USA
    • www.facebook.com/truemicah
 :???:
Not at all... Why would you credit me?
Also, im not complaining.  I'm just reminding you that other people do support your works is all.
#66  February 27, 2012, 08:23:30 am
  • THANK YOU FOR RUINING MY EYESIGHT
    • https://www.artstation.com/rikard
LOL I DID REALLY STIR UP A SHITSTORM THERE where I might have thrown in a bad choice of words while trying to be funny (just thought you had the same sense of self deprecation as me given your peculiar thread title) You should probably get a lesson in humilty or two dude. And don't tell me how 3D modeling works, I am a modeler myself and i can pretty much see when something has a problem and needs to be fixed.
So, here we go again.

Mitsuko's problem is not the hip textures, its's the hip themselves. The spine is moving while the hips aren't. Given that proper spine movements always starts from the hip in order to shift weight and avoid falling over (it's anatomy, try moving your chest and see if your hips don't move as well), it has no reason not to.

Are you really not prepared to add, texture and rig 16 more polygons to your model just to make it look better? That is laziness and lack of effort in everyone's books. Remember, if you don't have a poly limit, you don't have an excuse.
If I have to give a character armor, I model each piece separately and rig it as rigid over parts of body mesh because, hey, it's not part of his body, it's not going to stretch when he moves, unless I have a good reason not to.

After seeing the model I can tell that the source of Asuka's neck problem is the camera angle of her portrait and her head tilt, you might want to change that. Btw, her animation still has the same stiff hands/wrists problem, she doesn't even make a proper fist. And the Namco excuse is asinine,  just because Namco decided to be lazy doesn't mean you have to.
Oh, and her feet sink in the ground. This is not a 3D environment so it's not even gonna look like a sidestep, it's gonna look as if... She sinks in the ground. You might want to change that.

Oh, and one last thing: are you rendering without lights/playblasting? Because even a subtle shadow can make a render so much better. I know you're all for shading textures, but your stuff looks kind of flat, this is very noticeable on characters where you can't add much shading via texture like Unknown.

Gl hf
https://www.artstation.com/rikard
triggerall = Win && numhelper(180) = 0 && time = 0 && (stateno = 180) && matchover
HE-MAN AND THE MASTERS OF THE UNNECESSARY TRIGGERS
Last Edit: February 27, 2012, 08:34:31 am by Rikard
#67  February 27, 2012, 08:34:28 am
    • UK
    • strides2glory.com/
@rikard

worded badly you worded them like a grade A cunt you are lucky i couldnt find anything of yours to "crit"...........Your a modeller? care to show me some of your works.I would love to see them and provide "constructive crit" I would like to see exactly why I should listen to you....

-no i am not prepared to add anymore polygons or textures, if you knew anything about modelling you would know that after a model is rigged adding geommentry will erase the weighting system and disrupt the blend shape facial animation option.

-her feet do not sink into the ground.......again another invalid point................

-rendering with lights........LOL you sure your a modeller? the flat cell look is caused by enhanced lights with minor shadow. had there been none the model would look almost black and dull and you would see shades. again any modeller should know this. playbast..............no again playblast dosnt render like this by default unless flat shade is checked on...
-fighter factory doesnt support multiple colours and multiple shades..............therefore sits a bad idea to use shades and shadow casts again you SHOULD KNOW THIS

-the hands are your most valid point, i could do something about that:

5 minutes have gone i am still waiting for you to produce some work.........
Last Edit: February 27, 2012, 08:45:50 am by LM_MAVERIK
#68  February 27, 2012, 08:44:04 am
Change the texture, add the shoe tongues as a separate model, rig them along with the rest of the body. If done properly seeing a seam would be impossible. Problem solved. You might even add some jiggle to them.

I meant during her punch animation. Look where her back foot is going.

Most render engines (at least in Maya) have the Default Light option on by default to avoid you not seeing shit while doing random renders before setting up the scene - and yes, your lights are not very noticeable. Check Unknown again and tell me where the light source is.

Oh, and this is one of my old things, done under a poly limit. Can't show you new stuff since I'm under nda.
triggerall = Win && numhelper(180) = 0 && time = 0 && (stateno = 180) && matchover
#69  February 27, 2012, 08:51:48 am
    • UK
    • strides2glory.com/
Change the texture, add the shoe tongues as a separate model, rig them along with the rest of the body. If done properly seeing a seam would be impossible. Problem solved. You might even add some jiggle to them.

I meant during her punch animation. Look where her back foot is going.

Most render engines (at least in Maya) have the Default Light option on by default to avoid you not seeing shit while doing random renders before setting up the scene - and yes, your lights are not very noticeable. Check Unknown again and tell me where the light source is.

Oh, and this is one of my old things, done under a poly limit. Can't show you new stuff since I'm under nda.

the light source  on all the models is at a side profile turned on to about 1,117 and all shades turned down. to about 0.050 to reduce shadow and prevent fighter factory having optimizing colour problems. that is the intended look i am going for

Your model if thats yours is decent. and thats it decent......the kinds of model the second year students are making. but you could have pulled that up from any where. especially since you have chosen to host using dropbox to show a single picture...............doesnt make much sense.anything else like a portfolio? please dont tell you do not have a portfolio evey modeller does
Last Edit: February 27, 2012, 08:56:33 am by LM_MAVERIK
#70  February 27, 2012, 08:59:26 am
I do have a portfolio but this is the only decent thing that ever came out of it, and it's not even the finished version (you can look at that one in the link I gave on that page). The other stuff is not worth calling home as I've come a long way from that.

Also, untrustful, aren't ya? I'll whip out more renders of that old thing once I get to work if you really are that interested.
#71  February 27, 2012, 09:04:57 am
    • UK
    • strides2glory.com/
I do have a portfolio but this is the only decent thing that ever came out of it, and it's not even the finished version (you can look at that one in the link I gave on that page). The other stuff is not worth calling home as I've come a long way from that.

Also, untrustful, aren't ya? I'll whip out more renders of that old thing once I get to work if you really are that interested.

you went from that robot to this?? to be honest that low poly soldier wasnt worth showing either............why that is in your portfolio is beyond my imagination, its low poly done badly.....its so bad that I am not even going to comment on it and give you another chance to show something else..you must not want a job at all.

why isnt that robot thing in your portfolio? and no i am not that interested at all. it was a decent model that its. nothing anyone would hire you over and something everyone in my class could do pretty much effortlessly.
#72  February 27, 2012, 09:19:50 am
Because I never had a chance to finish it due to getting hired. Got so far as to start the setup (blendshapes are in, for example, but I never was able to finish the face GUI, and I had to move the bones manually to get it into that pose.... Yup, no working controls) before having to put it aside, I still carry it around in a pen drive and occasionally work on it.
Oh, and the materials were shit, I used Phong on everything.

That soldier model was to be made under very specific conditions (polycount < 2000, and it turned out I should have trimmed that further). Some stuff was even unnecessary (hands for example) but I was asked to leave them in. Think it looks bad? Try seeing it as the 2inch tall unit it was meant to be.
If you want to check I have other stuff on that root site, but it's either stuff I've done ages ago in my classes or already outdated.

Oh and in case you haven't read the above, I do have a job why thank you.

#73  February 27, 2012, 09:32:14 am
    • UK
    • strides2glory.com/
your hired? interesting. I am guessing a small agency that deal in freeware or obscure games.

phong is the standard material for game art since it reacts well with normal maps, light maps and shadow maps. my class use phong material all the time we even import into the unreal engine with phong material so do the guys at blizzard games and so fourth. pretty much everyone.
#74  February 27, 2012, 09:37:29 am
Given that the model was intended for animation use and not video game use I could have used other materials. And well, I'm probably not top of the class as you would be, pal, so I have to start somewhere.

Anyway, you going to give that poor guy some shoe tongues or not?
#75  February 27, 2012, 09:47:28 am
    • UK
    • strides2glory.com/
Given that the model was intended for animation use and not video game use I could have used other materials. And well, I'm probably not top of the class as you would be, pal, so I have to start somewhere.

Anyway, you going to give that poor guy some shoe tongues or not?

animation use? in my class they would have  deducted 20% of your full mark for making a model that look like a game one. I have that problem too since my background is from game art. in my animation class they are obsessed with making things look like this

big eyes big head, and high poly count.  In my final i lost 10% becuase my model look like this

this is a scene from my final animation "the tale of the big bad wolf" not great but its decent

also that tongue thing would mean I have to start axels animations all over  :o
but yeh i have to admit the tongue idea was a good one.
Last Edit: February 27, 2012, 09:54:41 am by LM_MAVERIK
#76  February 27, 2012, 09:56:02 am
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
This last image actually looks really nice. The texture looks much more detailed than on your characters, for whatever reason.
May be the lighting source or the actual quality of the textures, but it really gives more volume to the overall scene and looks much better than on some of your characters, where the abs for example look kinda flat.
Good job.
#77  February 27, 2012, 09:59:35 am
Animation purpose as in a showreel animation, not for an actual short movie.

And well, you want your stuff to look the best or to look half-assed? If I had a dime every time I had to start over because of someone's oversight I would have spended all them all in cachet right now.
Just rig the tongue to the foot bone, import the animation over the new model, rerender. You don't even have to add new bones for that part, keep the whole thing straight. Even if it clips through in some animations it's not going to be as noticeable and bad looking as the whole thing stretching over the ankle every time your character does something.
#78  February 27, 2012, 10:21:41 am
    • UK
    • strides2glory.com/
This last image actually looks really nice. The texture looks much more detailed than on your characters, for whatever reason.
May be the lighting source or the actual quality of the textures, but it really gives more volume to the overall scene and looks much better than on some of your characters, where the abs for example look kinda flat.
Good job.

thats because there are normal maps, light maps and multiple lighting acting on the model. if I do my characters in this render style it means they will not fit in with other 2d characters. my goal was to create something that fits in with both. also fighter factory cannot optimize the colours for something as detailed a this that well and there would be some seriously horrid colourloss.

@rikard

I am actually going to give your suggestion a try.wasnt a bad one, so why not
#79  February 27, 2012, 10:35:30 am
Hang on a sec, did they change FF while I was away? Because last time I checked the darn thing was terrible for handling spritework.

You'd better use something else to manage your palettes if that's not the case.
#80  February 27, 2012, 10:44:13 am
    • UK
    • strides2glory.com/
Hang on a sec, did they change FF while I was away? Because last time I checked the darn thing was terrible for handling spritework.

You'd better use something else to manage your palettes if that's not the case.

it is pretty shitty, and quite bad for handling detailed sprite sheets. which is why i dont apply normal maps, or too much lighting. i also found that fighter factory cant seem to handle shades of the same colour. i normally find myself dumbing down the textures of models to get a acceptable look.