YesNoOk

Assorted AI-generated stages (Read 53577 times)

Started by PotS, October 28, 2023, 11:38:12 am
Share this topic:
Assorted AI-generated stages
#1  October 28, 2023, 11:38:12 am
    • Portugal
    • network.mugenguild.com/pots/
So I thought of using AI to generate an image for a stage. The result was so satisfying and it ended up being so much fun to make that I ended up making a bunch of them (with some people even pitching in).

They're pretty simple stages in terms of layering but I think some turned out nice. They should feel right at home in your collection if you have stages from some "anime" games.

They all use high resolution 24bit images so they can only be used in Mugen 1.1 and Ikemen GO. Since that was the case I just made them all with zoom as well.

They're all complete with AI-generated BGM, just for kicks.

DOWNLOAD (Website with previews)

DOWNLOAD (Mediafire folder)

Spoiler: 1-5 (click to see content)

Spoiler: 6-10 (click to see content)

Spoiler: 11-15 (click to see content)

Spoiler: 16-20 (click to see content)

Spoiler: 21-25 (click to see content)

Spoiler: 26-30 (click to see content)

Spoiler: 31-35 (click to see content)

Whispering Chateau

Moai Dreams

Blightstone Crypt - Original prompt by Iced

Tengokuou Cavern - SFA2 inspired

Jakunamura

Hollow Harmony

You can help with Ikemen GO's development by trying out the latest development build and reporting any bugs on GitHub.
My Mugen and Ikemen content can also be found here.
Last Edit: March 29, 2024, 07:00:33 pm by PotS
Re: Assorted AI-generated stages
#2  October 28, 2023, 01:52:01 pm
    • Germany
It looks so good! You really put together something.

Will try for sure!

Thank you for sharing.
#3  October 28, 2023, 05:10:17 pm
    • Argentina
    • matrerog@yahoo.com.ar
Nice try, PotS. I like what was achieved with Cursed Cap Grove and Yozora Duel Grounds.
I wonder if could think of a process to obtain a set of layers and then put together a coherent scenario, avoiding the single image. For example, a sky, a mountain range, a wooded valley, and a floor/ground. And at the same time they all share aesthetic characteristics. I do not know if I explained well?

Anyway, can I ask which AI Image Generator are you using here?
#4  October 28, 2023, 05:31:29 pm
    • USA
    • lndnrivers@yahoo.com
I wish there were a tutorial on making AI-generated stages because I would like to have type lumina stages for Mugen 1.1 or Ikemen Go. I can also commission them to someone if I have the funds to do so.
Last Edit: October 28, 2023, 10:31:23 pm by Shadic12
#5  October 28, 2023, 10:21:10 pm
  • A living Mugen dinossaur :)
  • 23 years of Mugen O_o
    • Brazil
    • www.brazilmugenteam.com
oh, that is a neat idea
#6  October 29, 2023, 09:24:21 am
    • Portugal
Thanks. I added another 5 to the first post.

I wonder if could think of a process to obtain a set of layers and then put together a coherent scenario, avoiding the single image. For example, a sky, a mountain range, a wooded valley, and a floor/ground. And at the same time they all share aesthetic characteristics. I do not know if I explained well?
It might be possible if you ask the AI to only generate one layer or so, but I didn't try. It takes a while to generate images so it'd be hard to get consistent layers I think.

I wasn't too worried about using a single image because what's interesting here is coming up with different ideas and compositions. I wanted to make a dozen interesting stages rather than one with separated layers, if that makes sense. Several games use this type of stages, too.

Anyway, can I ask which AI Image Generator are you using here?
Microsoft Bing Image Creator. When you run out of boosts (which refill every day) you can use the Microsoft Bing chat and ask it to generate images.
The BGM's were made with Soundraw.

In your case another interesting use for AI would be to test ideas of new stages before you work on them. Or maybe to make it generate a single object that you're missing for one of your works.
You can help with Ikemen GO's development by trying out the latest development build and reporting any bugs on GitHub.
Last Edit: October 29, 2023, 09:28:12 am by PotS
#7  October 29, 2023, 01:55:04 pm
  • Master Relic Tech
  • Screenpack Maker EX
Good looking images. I need dl and give my 2cents, if need be. I always enjoyed your stages. This is very new and interesting to me. If you take commission or request, how about a cybernetic castlevania type stage.lol It could be raining blood, or have a eclipse sun burning in the background. Oh don’t forget the lighting and thunder. I have many interesting ideas.lol
#8  October 29, 2023, 02:38:50 pm
    • Argentina
    • matrerog@yahoo.com.ar
Thanks. I added another 5 to the first post.
Nice. :thumbsup:

I wasn't too worried about using a single image because what's interesting here is coming up with different ideas and compositions. I wanted to make a dozen interesting stages rather than one with separated layers, if that makes sense. Several games use this type of stages, too.
It seems fair to me. In fact, I find that these stages are very much in tune with the type of CvS2 and your particular chars conversions.

Microsoft Bing Image Creator. When you run out of boosts (which refill every day) you can use the Microsoft Bing chat and ask it to generate images.
The BGM's were made with Soundraw.
In your case another interesting use for AI would be to test ideas of new stages before you work on them. Or maybe to make it generate a single object that you're missing for one of your works.
Although I'm more of a fan of pixel art, I'm going to give it a try. Thanks a lot, pal.

#9  October 29, 2023, 07:49:30 pm
    • Argentina
Wow, it is a great idea and a good way to use AI with some effects and some things that would look much better
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#10  October 29, 2023, 08:06:08 pm
    • USA
    • twitter.com/inktrebuchet
Wow, these do look really nice! Thanks for putting these together.

It's always nice to see new stages.
#11  October 29, 2023, 08:10:11 pm
  • "Some People Are Born To Be Extraordinary"
    • Italy
    • fab.marchetti86@gmail.com
Good use for AI and Mugen!

I've subscribed to a particular AI that should generate spritesheet, Rosebud, not yet released.
#12  October 29, 2023, 11:47:06 pm
    • Colombia
    • arfercon@gmail.com
the AI is going to put us out of work xD.
each of them have a good atmosphere
#13  October 30, 2023, 10:20:14 am
    • Portugal
Thanks. And another 5 added to first post. I'll probably need to put them in spoilers soon.

Good looking images. I need dl and give my 2cents, if need be. I always enjoyed your stages. This is very new and interesting to me. If you take commission or request, how about a cybernetic castlevania type stage.lol It could be raining blood, or have a eclipse sun burning in the background. Oh don’t forget the lighting and thunder. I have many interesting ideas.lol
I'm not taking requests per se, but if I see something I like I may do it. I did a few prompts for that and it turned out cool so I might do it.

Although I'm more of a fan of pixel art, I'm going to give it a try. Thanks a lot, pal.
You can request it to make pixel art too.
#14  October 30, 2023, 02:27:59 pm
    • USA
So how does this work? I get the general idea but how do you get it to create a viable stage with a viable floor for the characters? Is it as simple as typing "fighting game stage with big eyeball"?

Like what's an example of a prompt you typed in?
#15  October 30, 2023, 04:38:33 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
So how does this work? I get the general idea but how do you get it to create a viable stage with a viable floor for the characters? Is it as simple as typing "fighting game stage with big eyeball"?

Like what's an example of a prompt you typed in?

This is the result of that prompt.

you basically need to be a bit more specific for a good generation but its a trial thing, you test things slowly you tell it what materials to use and etc and eventually you get to something nice looking.

#16  October 30, 2023, 04:57:32 pm
  • I must continue my training...
Wow, I get it. I'd like to give that a try, too.

Do your best to become stronger. Become stronger, so you can do your best.

Mugen is a way for me to remain nostalgic with all of the dream matches I cooked up as a kid. It's also what I call a "Digital Action Figure Collection."
MaxBeta link=topic=155656.msg1876950#msg1876950 date=13867
Vegaz_Parrelli...also known as The Lord of the Rings.
[/quote said:
#17  October 30, 2023, 09:51:39 pm
    • USA
Thanks for the explanation. I actually picked the eyeball because I was referencing POTS's Astral Plane one he did

I notice it totally disregarded you telling it to be asymmetrical
#18  October 30, 2023, 10:02:39 pm
    • crepa.neocities.org
As Iced said, is more of a trial and error. Sometimes the AI output some weird things and you need to adjust the prompt and try a few times until you get something decent.
#19  October 31, 2023, 01:35:42 am
  • OHMSBY style viewers
    • Indonesia
The stage look beautiful! I may want to try some of them!
#20  October 31, 2023, 10:22:14 am
I tried once to make one stage.
but you made so many of them :)

some of them looks really good.