Started by Saohc, October 14, 2009, 08:46:02 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Rate-a-roster
#1341  February 05, 2012, 03:31:32 pm
  • Fantô lives!
    • trinitymugen.net/
Fantôboy link=topic=106945.msg1507750#msg1507750 date=1328213953

[img said:
http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg194/scaled.php?server=194&filename=mugen000x.png&res=medium[/img]

Feilong, T Hawk, Psylocke, and Dee Jay need better run animations.  They're close to being kicked out for mainly that reason (and I sprited Deejay's run  :S )
More please. This is so gorgeous.

Thanks.  It's SophieX's select screen modified with more slots, HD portraits, and a true diagonal cursor inserted into Mayar's screenpack with Saikoro's portraits.  I spent about 6 hours last night editing Deejay, FeiLong, and Urien to be more "acceptable" in my roster.  What do you want to see more of? The portraits?  That's all Saikoro right now

I will always be a collaboration junkie!! Hey!!  ;D

Yes Zan, please fix that smudgy mess. It looks awful!!  ;)

You should do some collaborating with me

#1342  February 05, 2012, 03:42:29 pm
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
Could you list who is in your collection??
In order :

Bio Spark by Di Gi Jared
Bonkers by Di Gi Jared & Jango
Burnin' Leo by Jango
Knuckle Joe by Di Gi Jared
Sparkster by Xinos (Axel Gear)
Axel Gear by Xinos (Axel Gear)
Pocket Mario by N64Mario, TMasta & Soliduma
Sonic (S2) by supermystery
Knuckles by supermystery
Kirby by Cyanide
Jackie Chan by Shinaku
Worm by Aku Ma
Ryu KOP by Human
Ken KOP by Human
Ryo KOP by Human
Jill KOP by Human
Terry by Cyanide
Iori KOP by Human
Zero FAX by Fusion
X by Leonardo
Fio by Human
Rock Lee by Duende Macabro
Bonta-Kun by ƒGƒ‹ƒŠƒN
Shaq by The_None
#1343  February 05, 2012, 04:55:30 pm
    • Japan
I see you didnt changed Ken's Icon number, just open SFF and change it.

Soon you will be able to add Pocket Kyo there.
#1344  February 05, 2012, 05:35:20 pm
  • Ya me dio cosa...
    • Mexico

;)
#1345  February 05, 2012, 06:33:41 pm
  • (´ー`)ノ
Wow I almost forgot about your full game..
#1346  February 05, 2012, 07:02:51 pm
    • USA

In no particular order...:
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
Still need seven more. ~___~; One of those needing to be another boss.
#1347  February 05, 2012, 07:18:00 pm
  • Fantô lives!
    • trinitymugen.net/
Sissy from PIM is a good female boss

Or Mizuki
Last Edit: February 05, 2012, 07:21:52 pm by Fantôboy
#1348  February 06, 2012, 09:19:57 am
    • Philippines
@Navana add megalomania ino/boss ino by muteki

"A man's past is his business!"
#1349  February 06, 2012, 12:14:36 pm
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/saikoros-high-resolution-mugen-portraits-fatal-fury-full-set-145724.0.html
Is it me or is Baiken missing her nipple??  ;D
All of your Mugen Portrait needs may be found HERE.

I'd like to report two robots on the MFG forums: One is EXShadow. The other is Saikoro.
There should be a Saikoro plugin for Photoshop.
#1350  February 06, 2012, 07:51:19 pm
  • i am loyal to you unless you disagree with me
    • UK
    • www.dropbox.com/sh/n7tsdpf464qtbk1/AAB7z1LhB6Ee1cE5tyOVEB5ra?dl=0
my new smaller roster

my broken mugen roster has gotten so big now it takes about 5 minutes to load  :o
something looks a little off...

My youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/TVeanko
#1351  February 06, 2012, 08:19:21 pm
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/saikoros-high-resolution-mugen-portraits-fatal-fury-full-set-145724.0.html
My Brokenmugen roster has gotten so big now it takes about 5 minutes to load  :o

:sugoi:

That's awesome as I have the same problem!! How many characters do you have on that?? I use my old WinMugen from time to time just to randomly play. 1.0 is my personal "completionist" project. I.E. I'm finalizing portraits and Winquotes. Characters are entered into my 1.0 once that conversion is done. Hence my giant Portrait Project!!

And I have to say, my fucking eyes are killing me after a 4.5 hour stint clicking away at pixels. That's enough for today....

my new smaller roster

Looks awesome. Isn't 640x480 a wonderful thing??

I'd like to report two robots on the MFG forums: One is EXShadow. The other is Saikoro.
#1352  February 06, 2012, 09:26:21 pm
    • UK
My Brokenmugen roster has gotten so big now it takes about 5 minutes to load  :o

:sugoi:

That's awesome as I have the same problem!! How many characters do you have on that?? I use my old WinMugen from time to time just to randomly play. 1.0 is my personal "completionist" project. I.E. I'm finalizing portraits and Winquotes. Characters are entered into my 1.0 once that conversion is done. Hence my giant Portrait Project!!

And I have to say, my fucking eyes are killing me after a 4.5 hour stint clicking away at pixels. That's enough for today....

227. plus 4 bonus characters. i think i also have a bunch of crappy characters in my chars folder that are not in the roster.

for some reason the roster doesn't seem that big. but when you say the amount of chars you have it sounds massive.

Also. Great job on the portraits. they look amazing! i have tried making portraits myself. and. well... it didn't turn out so well... which is why i don't like useing custom portrait screenpacks.

you definitely need to have some kind of artist talent to make good portraits.

i never know what to put for Winquotes. i just cant get "in" the character and know what they will say after they beat someone. i find it even harder if im doing a special winquote against someone not form the same series.

#1353  February 06, 2012, 11:39:08 pm
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
Awesome V.  :sugoi:

I quickly looked at my WinMugen characters folder. 740. BrokenMugen, on a decent system, will take upwards of 4 minutes to initially load. After that, it's amazing madness that I've been chipping away at for 8 years. What can I say, I'm a completionist!!

Hand drawn portraits are ones that take true talent. MaxBeta is a great example of that. It's the dedicated (I can claim that I surely am.... NO quitting on my endeavors) with an eye for detail that release good stuff. I can't stress enough that I really appreciate all of the feedback I have gotten thus far: It makes every single 4 hour editing/conversion session worth it. My current crop of portraits are turning out nicely!!

Alas, that smaller selection you have looks pretty sweet. Good variety and author selection. But why is Akuma all by himself away from Ken and Ryu??

Lastly, if you're having trouble mustering up winquotes, check out Fight-A-Base. It features dialogue from just about anything you can think of.

#1354  February 07, 2012, 06:58:38 pm
    • UK
740? Damn. the maximum characters i will limit myself to is about 300. anymore is just insane. each to there own tho

Never heard of MaxBeta. tho i will check out his works.

The reason akuma is away form Ryu and Ken is because i wanted the 2 capcom and snk bosses at the end of the roster. so i put him with Rugal. 

I have updated the small roster if anyone is interested.

I Have also tried to balance out my roster. For example: i have reduced the attack power of the guilty gear chars to 65. since i think they delt to much damage in a single attack.

another example is that i have reduced the health of Dee bee kaw and Nanarman to 850. since i felt they had to much speed and there combos did too much damage compared to. say. Pots Ryu.

I will check out Fight-A-Base. sounds pretty good :D

#1355  February 08, 2012, 01:42:21 pm
  • commissions open bang my line
    • USA
    • https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/xtayisblackx?country.x=US&locale.x=en_US

Honestly IMO having ken and ryu in the same roster like that is kinda stupid being that their pretty much the exact same character and ryu will always be first choice over ken anyway
My stages folder:
https://app.mediafire.com/g5pnpb2im4lqa

Want a screenpack ported to ikemen? DM's open
Want a stage remade with parallax & possible super jump? DM's open
#1356  February 08, 2012, 01:43:33 pm
  • Palette God? Champion? AntiChrist? Something.
  • I AM THE KING OF PALETTES!!
    • USA
That shows how much you know about Street Fighter.

Which is to say, nothing at all.
#1357  February 08, 2012, 03:19:18 pm
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
That shows how much you know about Street Fighter.

Which is to say, nothing at all.

Agreed 100%

I see Ryu as the calculated, more strategic and reserved shotoboy. I've always preferred Ken because his playstyle is more agressive. And his Dragon Punch sets you on fire!!

#1358  February 08, 2012, 03:30:08 pm
    • Japan
Ken always had better offense on small distance and I dont remember any move (except Supers) that can beat his Flaming Dragon Punch, its one of the best moves ever in Fighting Games. Still Ryu is much better when you dont like to keep small distance and you just "Punch Away" opponent.

Honestly IMO having ken and ryu in the same roster like that is kinda stupid being that their pretty much the exact same character and ryu will always be first choice over ken anyway

Please, what was last SF you have played? Original SF 2?
#1359  February 08, 2012, 03:39:33 pm
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
^ Absolutely. The only other character that has slightly better offense would be Sagat, IMO. His Tiger Uppercut strikes multiple times (from Alpha onward), he has slick mindgames with his high and low Tiger Shots, and that roundhouse/fierce kick has great range and pressure tactics. I think everyone appreciated Sagat more once Alpha came around. At least I did...

#1360  February 08, 2012, 05:02:21 pm
  • i'm a gay trans lady
  • to hell with this site, find me at mffa or w/e
    • USA
    • Skype - MelvanaInChains
    • www.melv.thedailypos.org/
i know enough about street fighter to know that both ryu and ken suck so

i actually sorta like sean though so w/e