YesNoOk

Valodim's Thread (Read 492522 times)

Started by Titiln, December 09, 2008, 06:39:29 am
Share this topic:
Re: Valodim's Thread
#1421  January 31, 2014, 03:55:00 am
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/saikoros-high-resolution-mugen-portraits-fatal-fury-full-set-145724.0.html
You guys think it'd be possible to either cut out a lot of those or organize them better? Like have anger smiley faces in their own lines, then sad, and so on?

I'd be for keeping them but organizing them better. The graphically heavy ones should go on the bottom. Good idea Lith. I concur.
All of your Mugen Portrait needs may be found HERE.

I'd like to report two robots on the MFG forums: One is EXShadow. The other is Saikoro.
There should be a Saikoro plugin for Photoshop.
#1422  January 31, 2014, 05:57:01 am
    • tehwii@gmail.com
You should definitely cut out some of those or reorganize them, I doubt many of them are actually used.
#1423  January 31, 2014, 05:58:28 am
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
    • http://jesuszilla.trinitymugen.net/
#1424  January 31, 2014, 06:02:33 am
I've used all three (IE, Fox, and Chrome); the smiley interface needs cleaning up.

You should definitely cut out some of those or reorganize them, I doubt many of them are actually used.

But it's my goal to use all of them; I'm at 40% right now. :furious3:
#1425  January 31, 2014, 06:05:57 am
    • tehwii@gmail.com
#1426  January 31, 2014, 06:07:51 am
  • Staying Alive
    • Panama
     :borg:
:thinking2:

"Using this one is complicated"
Chilling
#1427  January 31, 2014, 01:52:54 pm
  • I ejaculate fire
    • USA
I'm glad that a few of you brought up the cluttered "smiley box." I feel that should be organized a bit so that those little faces don't overlap. Would that be possible??
Hey man, you're part of the staff!  Get the admins on it, they don't respond to the cries of us puny mortal regular members!
This is how you recognize a character is polished or not : when small details are taken care of to provide the best experience possible.
#1428  January 31, 2014, 02:51:46 pm
  • 90's Kawaii
  • :thinking:
    • Guatemala
I've used all three (IE, Fox, and Chrome); the smiley interface needs cleaning up.

But it's my goal to use all of them; I'm at 40% right now. :furious3:

Gotta post 'em all!

There are several hidden smileys (like the whole Village People). Good luck finding them.
#1429  January 31, 2014, 03:13:33 pm
    • Germany
hmmm yeah I can see how that might need some rearranging. any suggestions on how to actually do that? :thinking:

if someone created a mock-up I can work from (like just move stuff around in photoshop, inkscape or whatever) that'd be great.

another option would be not using a popup at all and simply linking to a thread in information. on the plus side, it's easily editable by staff, but you could no longer click on them to insert in a post. not sure how many people use the smiley popup menu (as it is) to actually input smileys, most probably just type the names if they know them...
#1430  January 31, 2014, 04:44:00 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
List of pending Valodim required things (he told me to feel free to bug him as often as I like after all)

Rename the Icons in the Resource Releases thread. I have the option but it defaults to a theme we don't use so only Val can do this.

Uploaded the new easier to read icons and the Open Projects icon. Val needs to move them to the live server and implement the OP icon

MCode - WIP

The ability for admins to edit the default message given to users that report posts

Like Post Buttons

Add another row to the 1.0+ release section for filter icons. Will duplicate the filters and add 1.1 to them so there can be 1.1 specific searches

Val has no working net at home so he does this stuff from school atm

UPDATE: Val uploaded all the new icons to Resource Releases and edited the names.

Here is where we are at with Mcode

valodim: I'll see if I can get it done today, but no promises
valodim: problem is I'm 100% sure how to do this, it's not just implementation

JNP: Oh. Well, I can let the users know this as well
If you can figure it out you'll get it back live.
If you can't you can't

valodim: aight
nah worst case I'll just bring it back like it was before

#1431  February 01, 2014, 03:01:04 am
  • ロッキングガール
  • 「目指すはクールでロックなアイドル!」
    • twitter.com/c001357
hmmm yeah I can see how that might need some rearranging. any suggestions on how to actually do that? :thinking:

if someone created a mock-up I can work from (like just move stuff around in photoshop, inkscape or whatever) that'd be great.

another option would be not using a popup at all and simply linking to a thread in information. on the plus side, it's easily editable by staff, but you could no longer click on them to insert in a post. not sure how many people use the smiley popup menu (as it is) to actually input smileys, most probably just type the names if they know them...

bring back the old forum popup window. i cant remember every emoticon name  :cool2:
#1432  February 03, 2014, 02:26:25 pm
  • I ejaculate fire
    • USA
^ this.  It's far easier to just click on them as opposed to remembering the names and typing them into the post.
This is how you recognize a character is polished or not : when small details are taken care of to provide the best experience possible.
#1433  February 03, 2014, 03:18:38 pm
    • USA
Sooooooooo are there any plans to make tagging easier? Because it's frustrating to have to go to somebody's profile (Or just read the link), remember the numbers and then remember the string that allows tagging in the first place.

That and add the youtube embeed button next to the other buttons already :|
#1434  February 03, 2014, 03:42:12 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
huh?
this is a test:

@rednavi:
@jango:
@titiln:

Posted: February 03, 2014, 03:43:09 pm
it sseems to work just by typing the original name, however I also noticed It only works for the original name. :|

@shadowthief:
#1435  February 03, 2014, 04:34:43 pm
  • Double-Crosser
  • I'm not standing out. This isn't weird at all.
    • USA
you rang?

(actually my account is still WaruiGouki, so I guess it works with nicknames as long as you type it exactly???)
#1436  February 03, 2014, 04:37:12 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
#1437  February 03, 2014, 05:19:20 pm
    • USA
huh?
this is a test:

@rednavi:
@jango:
@titiln:

Posted: February 03, 2014, 03:43:09 pm
it sseems to work just by typing the original name, however I also noticed It only works for the original name. :|

@shadowthief:

I don't get it. Typing @rednavi gives me nothing. What am I exactly supposed to type? I always end up doing the whole thing instead (@[user id=XXXX]name[/user]).

And yeah, it seems like you can have anything in the name string. As long as the ID is correct you'll get the notification.

EDIT: I also miss the quick edit button so I don't have to load another page again to make a quick edit. What happened to that feature? :( . That, and maybe add a button next to a user's name for quick tagging? Just like we do with quoting.

EDIT ARCADE EDITION: WELL SHIT, [E] told me that the ":" was important so forget about that question. TESTING!

@Jango:

Cool, now it works, although I see that you can't tag yourself so that confused me a bit while I was testing the system.
Last Edit: February 03, 2014, 05:33:56 pm by -Red-
#1438  February 03, 2014, 05:36:29 pm
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
wait how do you do it again, was it two @@'s? I'm confused, and I wanna bother people by tagging them!
#1439  February 03, 2014, 05:38:30 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
you type the AT sign, then the username then end it with : , i can't even type that inside a code tag because it's parsed to the bbcode. just typing the AT sign is enough to break a post.

without spaces of line breaks.

@jango: @jango: @jango: @jango: @jango: @jango: daikazoku
@jango: @jango: @jango: @jango: @jango: daikazoku

yancha na yaki @jango: yasashii an @jango:
sukoshi yumemigachi na tsukimi @jango:
osumashi goma @jango: yotsu ko kushi @jango:
minna minna awasete hyakunin kazoku

akachan @jango: wa itsumo shiawase no naka de
toshiyori @jango: wa me o hosometeru

nakayoshi @jango: te o tsunagi ooki na marui wa ni naru yo
machi o tsukuri @jango: boshi no ue minna de waraiau yo
usagi mo sora de te o futte miteru dekkai otsuki-sama