Random Topic V10 (Read 1922552 times)

Started by Orochi Gill, July 09, 2016, 05:00:44 am
Share this topic:
Re: Random Topic V10
#2361  May 13, 2017, 05:11:36 am
  • 90's Kawaii
  • :thinking:
    • Guatemala

Wonder if its the same working in japan animation. or worse...
Ask Mr. Kazunori Mizuno.

I've heard working in Japan in general is pretty shitty. The working hours are too long, the holidays too sparse, and their work ethic too tough. No wonder why their suicide rates are crazy high.
#2362  May 13, 2017, 05:16:44 am
  • Does this look like the face of mercy?
... and that's why most manga/anime/etc have a school setting
#2363  May 13, 2017, 05:27:24 am
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
To get those suicidal tendencies ingrained at an early age?

I'll share my ignorance, and mention something about those reviews that confuses me.  Funimation is a dubbing company primarily, is it not?  And Crunchyroll is an anime streaming service.  Does Crunchyroll not stream animes that Funimation has dubbed?  Do they do their own dubs instead?

Any anime I follow has been miniscule and done through Blu-rays and seeing Your Name in theaters.  I've checked Crunchyroll, took about half an hour to check everything they have to offer, found 3 shows of interest, and they were ones I've already seen on t.v. before and not in a hurry to rewatch.  So I'm fairly out of the loop.
#2364  May 13, 2017, 05:33:42 am
This isn't much of a surprise tbh; the American anime industry is real niche, contrary to what the internet would make you believe. Combine that with execs who don't give a shit, and you get Funimation. But yeah at least they're not Japan, who won't object to overworking out of politeness.
#2365  May 13, 2017, 06:09:33 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
well, afaik funimation and crunchy kind of merged, so there's that about crunchy becomign bigger while funimation went down.
#2366  May 13, 2017, 06:21:54 am
I'll share my ignorance, and mention something about those reviews that confuses me.  Funimation is a dubbing company primarily, is it not?  And Crunchyroll is an anime streaming service.  Does Crunchyroll not stream animes that Funimation has dubbed?  Do they do their own dubs instead?

Crunchyroll is a streaming service which mostly releases anime (and some live-action) subtitled. Funimation dubs, streams and releases physical copies of anime. They're two separate companies  who recently formed a partnership where both jointly aquire shows;Crunchyroll releases shows subtitled and Funimation dubs them. So yeah,  some shows will appear on both, not all. Crunchy doesn't do dubs.

#2367  May 13, 2017, 06:40:42 am
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
I'd suppose in that case Funimation has the better deal then, seeing from the casual perspective newcomers would prefer the dubbed experience than the trouble of a subtitled one.  At least in English, would be presumptuous of me to presume how other languages handle their dubs.  But especially if they're doing the same streaming deal as Crunchyroll, just more accessible.

On the flip side, it's considerably easier to provide subtitles and push out new shows and content straight out of Japan than going through the whole localization process, so I'd imagine Crunchyroll's roster of shows dwarfs Funimation's.  But then I guess it's a matter of perspective on quality vs quantity, because while I didn't find a whole lot worth watching, evidently more current fans do.
#2368  May 13, 2017, 07:19:03 am
  • The story begins with who's gonna win
    • USA
But then I guess it's a matter of perspective on quality vs quantity, because while I didn't find a whole lot worth watching, evidently more current fans do.

It's definitely much much harder to separate the cream from the slop when it comes to anime lately. There's an overabundance of options and it's starting to actually affect shows. Like the supposed reason that Attack on Titan season 2 is half as long as season 1 is because there simply weren't enough animators that were going to be able to work on it for another cour with how many shows are getting made these days.
Nevermind, there's nothing I can do
Bet your life there's something killing you
It's a shame we have to die, my dear
No one's getting out of here alive
This time
What a way to go, but have no fear
This time
It's a shame we have to disappear
This time, this time, this time
#2369  May 13, 2017, 02:31:31 pm
haven't gotten around to watching AOT S2 yet. should get around to it when it finishes, i hate week by week watching.

anyways, did you guys hear about the recent ransomware attack?
it's hitting alot of countries, and it's caused by an exploit in windows. i have gotten like 5 infected pcs now in my work.
if it wasn't my emulators and games, i'd delete windows and install linux. fuck man, im too paranoid to plug my in external drive.
I'm going to let god handle you people ✞
#2370  May 14, 2017, 01:54:32 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
it was almost as gay as real MMA.

so I'd imagine Crunchyroll's roster of shows dwarfs Funimation's.  But then I guess it's a matter of perspective on quality vs quantity, because while I didn't find a whole lot worth watching, evidently more current fans do.

that's pretty fun because funi subs the cream of the crop (popularity wise) shows and the really bad ones, lol.
#2371  May 14, 2017, 02:48:53 am
  • all is love in fair and war
is Hajime Isayama still doesn't know how to draw nipple?
#2372  May 14, 2017, 02:50:37 am
anime was a mistake!
#2373  May 14, 2017, 02:55:46 am
  • Sunglasses at night
    • USA
Those Zeon guys sure were weird.

#2374  May 14, 2017, 08:41:18 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
is Hajime Isayama still doesn't know how to draw nipple?

he does not know how to draw, period, that's his charm.

well at least he is not like the mangaka form elfen lied, whose art keeps on becoming worse and worse the more expertise he gains. or the one who did mirai nikki, whose plots keep on becomign more nonsensical.

(it's fun reading/watching their works ion chronological because you feel like youa re ina  time machine or someshit because they become worse instead of improving)
#2375  May 15, 2017, 06:55:44 am
  • all is love in fair and war
maybe it is stress from pressure, and less motivation from boredom.
#2376  May 15, 2017, 04:14:40 pm
  • Sunglasses at night
    • USA
back to shitposting creations made out of bordem

#2377  May 15, 2017, 04:20:53 pm
If we're doing that than here.
#2378  May 16, 2017, 05:24:36 am
  • Does this look like the face of mercy?
#2379  May 16, 2017, 02:58:31 pm
  • Sunglasses at night
    • USA
#2380  May 17, 2017, 02:42:55 pm
    • USA
 :end: