YesNoOk

Show us cool stuff you just bought! (Read 1251857 times)

Started by Vans, November 21, 2011, 06:01:10 am
Share this topic:
Re: Show us cool stuff you just bought!
#2961  January 28, 2017, 02:16:19 am
  • Don't copy code if you don't understand it.
    • USA
    • a13rown@hotmail.com

What's the title in the bottom-left corner with Haohmaru and Ryu on the cover? I know the next two are Capcom Vs SNK, and Capcom Vs SNK PRO, but I've never seen that one. Is it a quiz game or something like that? I can't make out the overly stylized Katakana either.

Yes, you are correct.  It is not a game.  It's called Capcom Taisen Fan Disc.  Here's the full description:

Originally came in limited numbers with Capcom VS SNK 2, the Capcom Taisen Fan Disc is actually a very nice fan disc.  Containing character profiles and all art forms (SNK, Capcom and anime types) for every single character in the Capcom Vs SNK games.  Not only that but you also get each characters back ground music as well!  Fans of Capcom Vs SNK 2 will like the VS battle data that can be saved to your VMU from the disc.  You can then load up this data on Capcom VS SNK 2 to watch some real hard core battles directly from Capcom.  And finally Capcom have also added special VMU save data for pretty much every single one of their games released on the Dreamcast all the way up to Heavy Metal Geo Matrix.  Strangely though, there's no Bio Hazard Code Veronica data but there is Net De Tennis data.
#2962  January 28, 2017, 02:45:38 am
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
    • http://jesuszilla.trinitymugen.net/
I need to find myself a copy of that one of these days.

I spoil myself sometimes.
#2963  February 01, 2017, 03:37:52 pm
    • Japan
These little guys ride very well, needed few adjustments and still require some tweaks, but sure a lot of fun.

#2964  February 01, 2017, 05:06:26 pm
  • Some day I'll finish this thing...
    • Argentina
Yes, you are correct.  It is not a game.  It's called Capcom Taisen Fan Disc.  Here's the full description:

<DESCRIPTION>

Thanks for the info! Looks really interesting :) (Sorry it took me so long to respond)
#2965  February 01, 2017, 05:44:44 pm
    • Japan
Photo shoot after ~2 hours of racing with my brother, I love that they can go for about 20-30 minutes and then are charged full after 5-10 minutes.

Not spamming anymore ;)
#2966  February 02, 2017, 02:54:30 am
  • Idea!
    • USA
February 1st

Picked up three movies today and a DVD player for my mom (not shown):

Pinocchio (Walt Disney Signature Collection) and MST3k are for me and Secret Life of Pets is for my mom for Valentine's Day gift.

UPDATE

February 3rd

Picked these up from my local GameStop:

Yes, I got the GameStop exclusive figure.  It was either get it from there or buy it off Amazon for double the price.  Now to get the other four figures.
Spoiler: Detail shots of Nightmare Chica and Jack O' Chica (click to see content)

UPDATE 2

February 4th

Got my first ever Sega Genesis this evening:

Spoiler: All the items closeup (click to see content)

Got this all for about 55$ from my Gaming Generations store.
Last Edit: February 06, 2017, 05:48:14 am by The Sudden Rarity
#2967  February 05, 2017, 04:53:04 pm
  • I am hilarious
  • and you will quote everything I say
    • USA
Get Sonic 2 3 and Knuckles

Dare I say they're better than Sonic 1 but the first is pretty good still

Still though Genesises are wonderfully cheap. I paid $35 for mine in 2013
#2968  February 05, 2017, 08:06:27 pm
  • Idea!
    • USA
Get Sonic 2 3 and Knuckles

Dare I say they're better than Sonic 1 but the first is pretty good still

Still though Genesises are wonderfully cheap. I paid $35 for mine in 2013

I plan to get the other Sonic games when I can.  A friend of mine also recommended I get "Sonic & Knuckles" as well, since that game can enhance all three of the original Sonic games AND is a game itself.  And yeah, a Sega model 1 from the shop I went to was only 35$ as well.  Also got a discount on both games (15%).
#2969  February 06, 2017, 03:47:13 am
  • Does this look like the face of mercy?
Oh yeah, forgot to post these pics:

Got myself a NECA T-800 and Figma Zero suit Samus. I almost took no pics as I was dissapointed that the T-800 was the Ultimate edition and came with all the weapons he had when they attacked Cyberdyne including the Minigun which sadly was missing the... whatchacallit? handle? so he couldn't even grab his most important accessory, FML.

Oh, and I didn't stop to think about it when I pre-ordered Samus since it was around the time AM2R came out on the 30th anniversary but the original Samus in her power suit was around $35 and Zero suit was like $50 despite using like half the plastic.
Spoiler: Couple more shots (click to see content)
#2970  February 10, 2017, 01:52:08 am
A long time ago when I was like 17 years old I came to that troublesome time in my life when I thought I was too old to have toys and sold some stuff I had like my Beat Wars optimus and Megatron (also all the DBZ stuff I had which I don't particulary regret that much).

I later regreted it and well, you know how much I spend on toys, figures and such. Well, today I was able to recover something I thought lost forever (and somethign extra):

It costed me $25 and was missing 3 things (from less to most important):
- a mask used to cover his face while on beat mode wich is kinda useless since it's socererd inside his dinosaur skin anyway
- the missiles he shoots from those round things on his hips
- and a front panel that covered his head while transformed (which makes his transformaiton pretty much impossible but I don't mind because i'm not keeping in in beat mode, though I'm also sad since I really liked it)

This also seems to be a different version as I remember mine having a grey head with an agry face and brighter colors while this one is more show accurate (and has a smirk).

tl;dr: I bought a Beast Wars Megatron to replace the one I sold a long time ago, its missing soemthing things but I'm still happy. YES!

,,, oh yeah, sabine is there too.
Last Edit: February 10, 2017, 01:55:41 am by Bastard Wolf
#2971  February 17, 2017, 07:00:24 am
    • USA
    • Skype - TatariZane2009
I'm gonna need a lot more knowledge on the Japanese language to get through this game.

#2972  February 19, 2017, 05:42:40 am
Ladies and gentleman, I present you: the future of moe enforcement: Nodoka! (also some birdbrain in a maid costume):

I mostly bought Nodoka because she was kinda cute, was relatively rare and was dirty cheap. But in the end I really liked her (plus she is really cute). As for Hotori, I literaly bought her just for her body so I could simply swap it with another figma's head but in the end she was also really cute (and what I planned didn't looked as good as I hoped) so meh... there she is.
#2973  February 19, 2017, 05:48:31 am
  • EL FUCKO GRANDE
  • I'm back, nerds
    • Canada
I'm gonna need a lot more knowledge on the Japanese language to get through this game.
Yoooo ishinboyz
I thought the language barrier in Kenzan was harder to break, Ishin is relatively straightforward even with the sidequests.

Hope you enjoy the game as much as I did! I haven't finished it yet but what I've played of it was pretty amazing.
I should probably start over. lol
Last Edit: February 19, 2017, 06:03:34 am by Sʜᴡᴀ
#2974  February 20, 2017, 02:54:34 pm
  • Resident Tosspot
  • Pftheh
    • UK
    • plasmoidthunder.neocities.org

Finally got TvC. I missed out on getting it a couple of years back, so this is great.

Also got the Pokkén controller because they had it cheap and hot damn is it a beautiful controller. Solid d-pad, responsive clicky buttons and it just fits so well in your hands.

Oh, I want a diagram. I fucking love diagrams.
#2975  February 20, 2017, 04:07:57 pm
  • I am hilarious
    • USA
So what have I been up to?
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
- I got RE3 when I did because something I had preordered for the same price (De-Formers) got delayed until 3/31, and I knew a local place had two DC copies of it.
- PSOE1&2+ was not $30, sadly. More like $100.
- That Japanese Kirby game is Kirby and the Amazing Mirror. I got the JP version complete because the US version complete is stupidly expensive; the cheapest US boxed copy I saw was $80, I paid $30 + $4 shipping for mine.
- A lot of those REs were pretty cheap; I got RE4 on GC for $15, RE0 for about $10, RE1 on GC for about $10, Code Veronica for a scant $6.65, and most of the PS4 ones and Revelations for like $18 counting tax. Speaking of, why two versions of 4? I got the GC version out of nostalgia (among people I knew back then on forums that game was kind of a big deal to GC owners), but was unaware it was the only version without the additional content they added in the PS2 version. So I got the PS4 version because it looks nicer anyway + I can have said extra content.
- I never thought I'd say this but for once I'm glad Capcom put what was DLC on-disc for RE5/6/Revelations 2 here. Otherwise I could've been fucked out of them.
#2976  February 21, 2017, 10:37:09 pm
  • Idea!
    • USA
February 21st

Just got Sonic 2 today in the mail.  As far as I can tell, it's CiB.  A little story behind this, though.  I was going to get this other one someone was selling through Amazon.  It was a copy of Sonic 2 with manual only . . . but it also had a copy of Sonic & Knuckles.  Now, before you jump me and call me a dumbass, I went with this one instead.  Why?  Quality over quantity.  I wanted a decent copy of Sonic 2 in box with manual.  Plus, I had no idea if the other seller had Sonic and Knuckles with the door on top.  Used Sonic and Knuckles copies, from what I've seen, tend to be missing the door on top and I wanted no part of that.  I'd rather have both copies bought separate and well taken care of when I buy them, rather than bought together and in questionable condition.  It's the collector in me, I'd suppose.  Anyway:

Spoiler: Back and inside (click to see content)
#2977  February 21, 2017, 10:43:01 pm
  • I am hilarious
    • USA
You did what I would do. Hell I actually got rid of the Sonic and Knuckles I had originally when I got my Genesis which was missing the hinge and loose for a CIB copy later on.

Keep in mind though, due to the unusual cartridge shape you're only gonna find it in a cardboard box and not the usual plastic clamshell. I only know of two Genesis games only like that, the other being Sonic 3D Blast coincidentally.
#2978  February 22, 2017, 01:53:33 am
  • Idea!
    • USA

Oh, I know that.  I don't mind cardboard if I have to get it like that ^..^ kind of sucks Sega didn't think far enough ahead with the odd shaped carts, though.  If only Nintendo did that with their NES/SNES/N64 games, then maybe the games would be in better shape and in-box more often today (I was lucky to get boxed versions of Super Star Wars and Super Empire Strikes Back in box both for under 40$ each and them being JVC versions even).  I also plan to get Sonic 3 and Knuckles later on and get some replacement cases, since the one for Global Gladiators is missing the tab and the cover sleeve is slightly damaged on the back.
#2979  February 22, 2017, 02:09:08 am
  • I am hilarious
    • USA
I've never been pedantic to the point of worrying about the tabs tbh, though I do have a few without the manual (one of the being X-Men) that I'd love to get replacement manuals for but I don't want to buy another copy of the game just to get that little thing.

I did that for The Legendary Axe on Turbografx-16 and ended up spending another $50 just to get a case and manual for the loose card I got as a replacement from the guy I originally bought it from. I landed myself with two copies of the same game and ended up giving the extra to a coworker, who's the only other person I know of that owns a TG16 around here.
#2980  February 22, 2017, 03:36:25 am
  • Idea!
    • USA

I mean, I like getting the manual, if it comes with it (fucking lied to me about Super Star Wars, Amazon Warehouse Deals), but sometimes you can find loose manuals around Amazon.  That's how I got the SMAS manual for my SNES game.  To be fair, they can be extremely rare to find, but you can download the .psd of the manuals that some folks were kind enough to upload if you're truly aching for a manual XP

And TG16 games/manuals?  Those are a bitch to find from what I've heard.  Still a cool idea that they went with cards.  Ahead of it's time, but didn't get much recognition since it's library wasn't very big and it was competing alongside the SNES and Genesis.  Same thing with Neogeo systems, but those suckers had a huge price-tag and even bigger game carts to match XD
Last Edit: February 22, 2017, 03:40:05 am by The Sudden Rarity