YesNoOk

Gohan Z2 [Project] (Read 496107 times)

Started by Balthazar, July 29, 2011, 02:19:47 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Gohan by Team Z2 project thread
#501  October 15, 2012, 06:31:31 pm
  • Not for sale
I feel you about the quality control. You spend so much time with your projects.

Would be pretty sick to see the Saiyaman costume that you referenced. I thought that look was pretty sweet. But Mystic Gohan is all good too. Hope to see more progress on him, anyway. He's my favorite character.
#502  October 16, 2012, 08:12:45 pm
I'm probably going to be the only guy here that prefers Adult Gohan to Teen Gohan but yeah I think a Great Saiyaman outfit Gohan would be excellent, I'd much rather you finish him before getting to Piccolo honestly. The only thing I could see you struggling with is how to manage that "skirt".
#503  October 16, 2012, 08:25:30 pm
  • "Lone Wolf"
    • USA
I bet this will be a really good character
#504  October 16, 2012, 10:47:04 pm
    • USA
#505  October 16, 2012, 10:55:04 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
I prefer the mystic version , adult gohan, black haired, it looks the most stable of all his versions.
#506  October 16, 2012, 10:58:48 pm
  • Smooches
    • USA
    • Skype - Neocide
I agree with Iced. Although I find the name mystic gohan silly as shit now. That or in his purple gi when he trained with goten and videl. That outfit is my favorite. It's distinctive to gohan while paying kudos to his father and piccolo.
#507  October 16, 2012, 11:03:48 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
I believe chamat made a cool swap with that outfit, which looked really good.

The Mystic gohan ( or adult gohan, i think it sounds better like that ) was a really cool moment in the show tho, I never liked the whole teen gohan thing where he was the strongest thing even tho he was what, 15?

#508  October 16, 2012, 11:12:20 pm
Gohan is like 17 in the Buu saga, and 10 in the Cell saga.
Future Gohan is the best, that is all.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: October 16, 2012, 11:15:22 pm by DKDC
#509  October 16, 2012, 11:33:02 pm
    • France
    • Skype - elevesimon
About Gohan's age click this :

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

"During a time of struggle, K-ON's beautiful story provided the influence needed for me to become an ideal president. I am now a better man."
— Barack Obama, 44th president of the United States
#510  October 16, 2012, 11:36:05 pm
  • Smooches
    • USA
    • Skype - Neocide
#511  October 16, 2012, 11:38:03 pm
    • USA
Future Gohan didnt have anyone else to train with besides Trunks.

Besides Future 17 and 18 were super powerful and sadistic as crap
#512  October 17, 2012, 12:34:07 am
Future Gohan is maaaad overrated. Buu Saga Gohan is probably the best iteration of Gohan in my opinion, but Balth has some sort of beef with spriting characters in gi for some reason.
#513  October 17, 2012, 12:39:47 am
It's not about power but about technique. Though he didn't do much in the source manga/anime special, Future Gohan is usually represented in the games as having pushed further along his training with Piccolo's techniques rather than switching to Goku's and the Kamehameha. His one-handed style is also a lot more original along with Gohan's (any form) usual usage of kick attacks. Also his "war hardened veteran" design is much better.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#514  October 17, 2012, 12:47:51 am
    • USA
but Balth has some sort of beef with spriting characters in gi for some reason.

he just doesnt want to sprite characters with similar designs (gohan, krillin, yamcha, etc)
#515  October 17, 2012, 02:25:28 am
    • France
    • Skype - elevesimon
Nothing can stop the swag of Gohan SSJ2 Cell saga.

"During a time of struggle, K-ON's beautiful story provided the influence needed for me to become an ideal president. I am now a better man."
— Barack Obama, 44th president of the United States
#516  October 17, 2012, 04:24:51 am
  • Some day I'll finish this thing...
    • Argentina
Personally, I find Cell saga Gohan to be the most interesting version of the character. Buu Saga Gohan feels like a Goku clone with "teenage drama" added to the storyline. It was funny, don't get me wrong, just not that interesting.
#517  October 17, 2012, 05:20:02 am
  • Double-Crosser
  • I'm not standing out. This isn't weird at all.
    • USA
The best Gohan was 4-year-old Gohan after eating the fruit and getting drunk off his preschooler ass.
#518  October 17, 2012, 05:32:58 am
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
Jangie speaks the truth.

Not to add yet another project to the ever-growing list, but if one of the reasons working on Gohan was getting hard was trying to decide on which form of him should be done, you can always try another version of him down the line.  I mean, you do have two Gokus now, and Mystic Gohan compared to Teen Gohan in the Cell games are two quite different personalities and fighters.  Anger mostly in Teen, calm in Mystic. (And Teen is a lot more flashier)

Of course that wouldn't be until quite some time later, you have other priorities, but just a possibility.  Even the Great Saiyaman version of Gohan is quite a different version of himself, so could do both versions of Gohan at that age.
Last Edit: October 17, 2012, 05:38:31 am by Llong Jjohn Killer
#519  October 17, 2012, 05:36:59 am
    • USA
I would help sprite a Great Saiyaman/Purple Gi Gohan.
#520  October 17, 2012, 06:38:57 am
Great SaiyaMan version would be dope.

Whatever ends up releasing down the road would be cool though. So, doesn't matter to me.