Gohan Z2 [Project] (Read 496099 times)

Started by Balthazar, July 29, 2011, 02:19:47 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Gohan by Team Z2 project thread
#841  June 27, 2013, 06:40:01 am
  • The Only Easy Day was Yesterday
    • USA
    • www.facebook.com/truemicah
What if Gohan gets a something related with mobility? he seems more aerial based, maybe something to stay more time in the air, or he could gain more aerial moves i dont know XD
I was thinking about Gohan Z2's special mode today.

- Maybe it should be called Tapped Potential or Hidden Power... something along those lines. 
- His attack/mobility speed can increase to around 5-15%, air dashes could go further and have longer "hang time" and his 8 way kick could have more priority?  Or be more juggle friendly?
- He can gain a dashing move of some sort which has a good amount of invincibility frames to advance toward foes (It's hard to brainstorm since I've no clue how he is in action.  :S)

Gohan is one of the most powerful and fastest DBZ chars ever to exist.  In his teens, he easily surpassed Perfect Cell in speed and power.  After going Mystic, he did the same to Majin Buu.  I can't wait to see what you guys do with em.  :yes:
#842  June 27, 2013, 09:57:37 am
  • Half Mutant, Half Saiyan
Hi, a couple of things:

So Chou Masenko is supposed to be a short-range beam. Dunno how short that is actually (red CLSN only extends through half the sprite, but still feels long to me). Or maybe I'll have to scale the sprites, we'll see :

Looks like the beam is coming from his wristbands, wouldn't look better if you'd place it a little bit forward?

It's a well known fact Saiyajins are not the smartest, but come on guys! Really !?

Those beams make me think:
Balthazar, Cybaster: Have you considered making an air/ground version of the beam struggle?? think of Vegeta vs Goku or Cell vs Gohan, when the villains tried to destroy the Earth and the good guys had to counter with their kamehamehas. This could give even more of a DBZ feel to the Z2 chars, even if some won't be compatible (Vegeta M.Vegeta, Freeza...?).

This:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mLRsP4btKfo&feature=channel_video_title
This might work better as a charge for gohan instead.
Since Gohan's power up animation was used for SSJ Goku, maybe this could be used as a base for Gohan's.

Also, his perfect/untouched winpose could be based on his saiyaman introduction:

Last Edit: June 27, 2013, 10:20:25 am by Wolvegeta
#843  June 27, 2013, 03:27:34 pm
    • Netherlands
    • network.mugenguild.com/balthazar/index.html
Cy says diagonal beamclash will be a bitch to code, but hasn't scrapped the idea completely yet. Fingers crossed :)
The Saiyaman pose is very cool indeed, and we might include some posing, since a seperate Saiyaman character is not going to happen ever, but it's too good to completely ignore it!
Oh shit!

What if Gohan gets a something related with mobility? he seems more aerial based, maybe something to stay more time in the air, or he could gain more aerial moves i dont know XD
I was thinking about Gohan Z2's special mode today.

- Maybe it should be called Tapped Potential or Hidden Power... something along those lines. 
- His attack/mobility speed can increase to around 5-15%, air dashes could go further and have longer "hang time" and his 8 way kick could have more priority?  Or be more juggle friendly?
- He can gain a dashing move of some sort which has a good amount of invincibility frames to advance toward foes (It's hard to brainstorm since I've no clue how he is in action.  :S)

Gohan is one of the most powerful and fastest DBZ chars ever to exist.  In his teens, he easily surpassed Perfect Cell in speed and power.  After going Mystic, he did the same to Majin Buu.  I can't wait to see what you guys do with em.  :yes:

-It's been labeled Unleashed and Justice Mode, I'm not sure we've decided on one or the other yet.
I'm not sure about increasing his speed, it's likely to mess up your combo timing.
His juggles will most likely be updated, he might gain one more juggle per combo, but the most interesting will be a persuit-system we'll try to incorporate in his Omni Kicks.
-He already has a forward dashing move (Soaring Dragon Strike, Lv1 and Lv2), it's not too hard to get knocked out of before you can land hits, but we'll see what we'll upgrade for his emo system. Not too much, but just the right things.

About his gameplay, well so far his combos are easier (I think) then Vegeta, about on par with Gokus,
he has a large emphesis on kicks (evident in his diving Kick Flurry, Hurricane Kick and Soaring Dragon Kick (or Rising Hurricane Kick, as you wish), all which have an EX version, and his Omni Kicks ofcourse. That, and his basic mobility is the most elaborate yet, being able to do 2 consecutive airdashes in a single jump (maybe even 3 in emo mode).
He only has simple Ki Blasts which combo up to 2x, for basic projectile attacks, which seems a bit lacking compared to Goku (who can combo them 3x), but he can still very much hold his own in a fireball battle, with his Lv1 Masenko which you can charge up and will shock and stun enemies, the Lv2 Masenko which comes out right away and does big damage (but is short-ranged) and will quickly eat through most projectiles.
Last but not least he also packs the Chou Kamehameha (Lv2), both ground and air-down version.
The only thing he lacks is an anti-air projectile, but he'll most likely get the option to launch his Lv1 Masenko diagonal upwards.
Last Edit: June 27, 2013, 03:37:12 pm by Balthazar
#844  June 27, 2013, 03:53:07 pm
  • Whats a girlfriend? its something you can eat?
    • Spain
That sounds great

Btw:

#845  June 27, 2013, 04:21:25 pm
    • Netherlands
Looks good to me :)
Next: Midnight Bliss  :gorgeous:
#846  June 27, 2013, 04:32:09 pm
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
(Soaring Dragon Strike, Lv1 and Lv2), it's not too hard to get knocked out of before you can land hits, but we'll see what we'll upgrade for his emo system.
Except that Lv2 is fully invincible on startup, during the dash, and up to the first hit (except to grabs), which makes it pass through all attacks and projectiles. So much for the "not too hard to get knocked out of" part.

the Lv2 Masenko which comes out right away and does big damage (but is short-ranged) and will quickly eat through most projectiles.
More like 3/4th screen range fully invincible projectile. :P

See guys how Balthazar makes me balance stuff and makes you believe it is, by toning down the attributes in his posts. ::)

Lovely cursed sprites Daeron. :)
#847  June 27, 2013, 04:36:20 pm
    • Venezuela
    • Blacksight22@Yahoo.Com.Ve
    • Skype - sebastian.osio
Hey where can I find the palette template? I wanna try and make some

#848  June 27, 2013, 04:40:33 pm
    • Netherlands
It's hidden within this thread, burried where only true champions who are worthy of making palettes can find it!

ps. somewhat related, Goku stance sprite MARK 5!
#849  June 27, 2013, 06:47:57 pm
  • Not enough Flow
    • USA
I'm not sure why, but it seems more Turles than Goku to me. Maybe it's the sinister face? Looks good though.
#850  June 27, 2013, 07:07:10 pm
    • Netherlands
Hmm you're right, the face can use a little work.
In the meantime, here are some combos I pulled off with Gohan, giving you more pieces of his puzzle...(try these, Cybaster :)!)

a.SK, s.LP, c.LK, s.MKx2, d+SK, (jump) a.LK, a.MKx2, a.SK, u+SK Omni Kick.

a.MK crossup, s.LK, s.MKx2, d.SP, s.SK, EX Hurricane Kick (wall-bounces), EX Soaring Dragon Kick (launches), (jump) EX Diving Kick Flurry. [uses 1,5 super bars]

Focus Attack, dash cancel s.LK, s.MK, s.SK, SP Ki Blast x2, Lv1 Masenko, Lv2 Soaring Dragon Unleashed, (land) LK Soaring Dragon Kick. [uses 3 super bars].

a.MP, s.LK, s.MKx2, s.SK, SK Hurricane Kick, (enemy in corner) d+LK, Ki Blast x2, lv1 Masenko (when timed right, p2 will fall and the be dizzy when getting up, but only for a split second), anything timed very tightly. [uses 1 super bar]

s.LP, s.MP, d+SP, SK, EX Soaring Dragon Kick, (land, jump), d+SK Omni Kick, (land), s.SK, EX Soaring Dragon Kick, (land) Lv2 Soaring Dragon Strike Unleashed, (land), u+SK Omni Kick. [uses 3 super bars]
#851  June 27, 2013, 07:17:08 pm
  • Not for sale
So is there still a possibility that you may redo his sprites to have his green tunic and black tights? He's looking to be an amazing character and would certainly be deserving of the effort.
#852  June 27, 2013, 07:24:00 pm
    • France
    • Skype - elevesimon
So is there still a possibility that you may redo his sprites to have his green tunic and black tights? He's looking to be an amazing character and would certainly be deserving of the effort.

Its just a costume. Not a character. Who cares if he does have it anyway ?

"During a time of struggle, K-ON's beautiful story provided the influence needed for me to become an ideal president. I am now a better man."
— Barack Obama, 44th president of the United States
#853  June 27, 2013, 07:37:21 pm
    • Netherlands
Yeah man, why even pick that up again, after I finally was able to set that costume issue behind me and actually start working on the character again (thanks to Cybaster). Do you really want me to lose interest and boycot the char again >:(?
#854  June 27, 2013, 07:50:45 pm
  • "I'm not going to Hell alone"
balthazar said:
About his gameplay, well so far his combos are easier (I think) then Vegeta, about on par with Gokus,
he has a large emphesis on kicks (evident in his diving Kick Flurry, Hurricane Kick and Soaring Dragon Kick (or Rising Hurricane Kick, as you wish), all which have an EX version, and his Omni Kicks ofcourse. That, and his basic mobility is the most elaborate yet, being able to do 2 consecutive airdashes in a single jump (maybe even 3 in emo mode).
He only has simple Ki Blasts which combo up to 2x, for basic projectile attacks, which seems a bit lacking compared to Goku (who can combo them 3x), but he can still very much hold his own in a fireball battle, with his Lv1 Masenko which you can charge up and will shock and stun enemies, the Lv2 Masenko which comes out right away and does big damage (but is short-ranged) and will quickly eat through most projectiles.
Last but not least he also packs the Chou Kamehameha (Lv2), both ground and air-down version.
The only thing he lacks is an anti-air projectile, but he'll most likely get the option to launch his Lv1 Masenko diagonal upwards.
I like this so far bro
Oh man I'm gonna Main gohan more than vegeta now :eaugh:
I was the Perfect warrior! Cold and Ruthless! I lived by my strength alone! Uninhibited by foolish emotion!
#855  June 27, 2013, 08:06:30 pm
  • Not for sale
Yeah man, why even pick that up again, after I finally was able to set that costume issue behind me and actually start working on the character again (thanks to Cybaster). Do you really want me to lose interest and boycot the char again >:(?

Lol, I just remember you saying that you may come back to him and change his outfit after he was done. I think he's a great character and it wouldn't be a wasted effort to do so. Though I guess I have this whole perfect image of a 2D DBZ fighter in my head, and this is the closest anything has come to it.

Definitely don't stop working on him. He's awesome, regardless of what outfit he's wearing.

What do I do to show them bigger?

When you open the link to your image, right-click on the picture and hit "view image". Use this direct URL instead of a link to a page with the picture on it.

Example:
Last Edit: June 27, 2013, 08:11:09 pm by AugustAPC
#856  June 27, 2013, 08:17:05 pm
    • Venezuela
    • Skype - sebastian.osio

Thanks AugustAPC
Now, what do you think?
Sorry it's just that I'd like some feedback I'm just starting to make palettes

Last Edit: June 27, 2013, 08:24:14 pm by Quickfist
#857  June 27, 2013, 09:01:16 pm
    • Netherlands
The black/blue one is the best, you need some more practice with the balance of your contrasts :)
The white one has too little contrast, for example, and the black 'laces' on his boots really hurt the eyes. But I've seen worse, I think!
#858  June 28, 2013, 02:08:04 am

#859  June 28, 2013, 02:45:15 am
  • An Artist/Writer.
    • USA
    • bluesunstudios@yahoo.com
    • bluesunstudios.deviantart.com
I'd like to make a comment on the Masenko and the Chou Kamahameha. I've been on Gohan's page over on Balthazar's Mugen, and his move pool is very lovely (I mean it too). Personally, I think that the Chou Kamehameha would be better suited for Gohan's UNLEASHED mode if you are planning on a three stage buffer bar like with Vegeta Z2 and SSJ Goku Z2 as a Super he gains access to when he enters his emotion system but not his main super for that mode; the move has been already coded though I believe. The Level 1&2 Masenko are fine the way they are, though as you said earlier they could use an anti-air variation, as well as an aerial version (akin to Vegeta's Garlic Ho) and a Beam Struggle compatibility for Level 2. Isn't the Makosen Ha (aka the Light Grenade) a variation of the Masenko? If so, that would be a more suitable replacement for the Level 3 Chou Kamehameha. That's just my opinion though, but feedback would be welcomed. Also, I like that new Goku stance. Will it be present in a future update for Goku?
Stay true to your own heart, faiths, and convictions; your destiny is what YOU make of it.
Last Edit: June 28, 2013, 02:49:46 am by BlueSunStudios
#860  June 28, 2013, 05:05:54 am
    • Venezuela
    • Skype - sebastian.osio
The Light Grenade is a move used only by Piccolo, and is not a variation of the Masenko, Makankosapou is, I think his lvl3 move should be the Burst Rush from Budokai Tenkaichi 3, and the finisher move depends on the buffer bar like Goku SSJ.
EDIT:More pals
Crossover! Dragon Ball Z X Evangelion

Last Edit: June 28, 2013, 07:16:43 am by Quickfist