YesNoOk

What ruins a mugen character for you? (Read 99350 times)

Started by luis2345, December 02, 2013, 09:23:47 am
Share this topic:
Re: What ruins a mugen character for you?
#281  June 07, 2014, 09:22:02 pm
  • Your sweet baby brother
  • Young, dumb, and full of...you know ;)
    • USA
    • dcastaneda2011@yahoo.com
Yeah, the whole LOLRANDOMRAGINGDEMON thing is just idiotic, especially if its only used in a poorly thought out intro where the char uses it on Kuromaru or some other char that the author hates. I mean, what does that even prove (besides the fact that they lack creativity and really hate hentai)?

But, if an author puts their own twist on that move (like that of TN's Missigno.), then all is good.
#282  June 07, 2014, 09:27:02 pm
there was this one creator who gave the bone guy from naruto sgs

what a freaking stupid IDIOT
#283  June 07, 2014, 09:28:47 pm
    • USA
#284  June 07, 2014, 10:25:15 pm
  • Vs Style Debuts Tag Project CEO
  • The Dark Wolf Returns
    • USA
Raging Demon should be left alone on characters who could use it in the original. And another thing I started to hate.

CHEAP palettes. Some authors tend to use cheap palettes to make their character completely invincible and immune to F1. What's the point of that? That's taking the fun out of the character itself. Sure I want to win but I don't want to win like THAT! It's just not right!
Beware the Dark Wolf once more!
#285  June 07, 2014, 10:52:02 pm
  • Super Mario Fighters 3 resurrected.
    • USA
    • doraemariby@yahoo.com

CHEAP palettes. Some authors tend to use cheap palettes to make their character completely invincible and immune to F1. What's the point of that? That's taking the fun out of the character itself. Sure I want to win but I don't want to win like THAT! It's just not right!

THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
#286  June 08, 2014, 04:12:46 am
  • Hug Pikachus!
    • USA

I agree, especially if they do not tell you that the palettes are cheap.

Ruined a good survivor run or two.
Hug the Pikachus!

Hug A Pikachu Today!
#287  June 08, 2014, 04:32:20 am
    • tehwii@gmail.com
#288  June 08, 2014, 04:48:51 am
    • USA

Well, I thought that putting "Order=0" would prevent the horrid cheap characters from appearing in the survival mode, but here's the thing, the whole order system absolutely does not work for me period.
#289  June 08, 2014, 05:51:48 am
  • Five Dynasties of Water
    • Mexico
    • Skype - alchemistofatlas

Those palettes are most of times, palettes 11 and 12. Just delete the pal11 and pal12 from the char's def file and you're set.
PotS said:
That they don't just restrict themselves to my style.

Fact.
#290  June 08, 2014, 09:57:25 am
  • Resident Tosspot
  • Pftheh
    • UK
    • plasmoidthunder.neocities.org
Well, I thought that putting "Order=0" would prevent the horrid cheap characters from appearing in the survival mode, but here's the thing, the whole order system absolutely does not work for me period.

Either you're not specifying a stage for them to be fought on (or "random"), or the stages you have chosen have spaces in their .def filenames.

Oh, I want a diagram. I fucking love diagrams.
#291  June 08, 2014, 07:31:17 pm
    • USA

Either you're not specifying a stage for them to be fought on (or "random"), or the stages you have chosen have spaces in their .def filenames.

Nope, not the problem, the "Order=0" works, it's just that I try to set a character to appear in the second match "order=2", but it doesn't work because it automatically switches to a completely different character.
Last Edit: June 08, 2014, 07:42:59 pm by Protoman1997
#292  June 09, 2014, 03:11:31 pm
  • Vs Style Debuts Tag Project CEO
  • The Dark Wolf Returns
    • USA
From what I see... the order system is not supposed to work in Survival Mode, only Arcade mode.
Beware the Dark Wolf once more!
#293  June 09, 2014, 03:40:31 pm
  • Resident Tosspot
  • Pftheh
    • UK
    • plasmoidthunder.neocities.org
Oh right. I misread that.

No, order doesn't work in survival mode.

Oh, I want a diagram. I fucking love diagrams.
#294  June 10, 2014, 03:49:02 pm
    • Hungary
    • smhungary89@gamil.com
I can tell you. Some people like cheap chars, others don't. But what if I want to make a hybrid, a character, what is normal in default, but can be cheap? Simple, I separate its cheap mode, on the 12th palette. Why? Because people mostly select the 1st palette in anyway. So I gave you the chance to choose. It's a win-win. And also don't forget one important thing, cheap mode made against other cheap chars.
#295  June 13, 2014, 05:20:35 am
  • Crimson Array
  • "Crimson Array | Kitsune"
    • Philippines
    • Skype - zreierz
What ruins a character for me?

Characters with no AI or has horrible sprites or has incomplete sprites...

No AI = I understand it's hard to code an AI in this characters but fighting against a model really isn't in my best interest, I'd go for practice for that~~

Horrible Sprites = It takes a lot of dedication to make even a single sprite and takes a lot of time making a sprite set for 1 move.... I know most people don't know how to make sprites but yeah, it's just me you know~~
Don't get me wrong, I support junior sprite makers =3
(How do I support them and not like the sprites at the same time? Well... I can't answer that just go with it ^^)

Incomplete sprites = I get a character and test him/her out for the first time, looks good but once I try to do a simple kick or punch attack, the character disappears for a millisecond then reappears at the peak of the punch/kick then disappears again going back to it's original stance.. or sometimes there's not even a walk animation and it just slides around....

Note: It's just me okay, sorry if I may be a perfectionist ;v;
So here we are again huh?

#296  June 13, 2014, 01:54:40 pm
    • Hungary
    • smhungary89@gamil.com
Characters with no AI or has horrible sprites or has incomplete sprites...
I completely agree. Also, bad scaling, effects without transparency, and of course, ruined sprite palette.
#297  July 08, 2015, 06:12:30 pm
  • IPPEN SHINDE KOI!
  • TAKE A CLOSER LOOK AT THAT SNOUT!
    • Canada
    • keg2810@hotmail.com
    • biggreenmugen.weebly.com/
If a character has no sounds or KFM's default sounds, it leaves a bad taste in my mouth.
#298  July 08, 2015, 07:10:39 pm
  • I hate coding helpers.
    • Brazil
I wonder how many pages you had to go back to find this thread.

On topic:

1 - KFM's constant values.

2 - KFM's common1.cns without any improvement.

3 - Stiff gameplay, which is the direct result of not dealing with the points I mentioned above.
#299  July 08, 2015, 07:27:40 pm
  • For honor!
Iroha stripped for me
#300  July 03, 2016, 08:17:02 pm
  • Some Wannabe Voice-Actor
  • Your Average Nerd/Gamer/Introvert
    • USA
Sheer brokenness, if that's a word
You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. I just miss, period.