YesNoOk

Divine WIPs (Read 759132 times)

Started by DW, May 15, 2012, 03:45:05 am
Share this topic:

2OS

Re: Divine W.I.P.'s
#541  May 24, 2013, 08:11:01 pm
  • 608 Wannabe
  • Ich schicke dich zur HOELLE!! STIRB DU FEIGLING!!
    • Egypt
*wild 2OS appears*

why is that gradient body sprite hi res? get rid of that and apply the gradients to the original sprite.

#542  May 24, 2013, 08:22:05 pm
#543  May 25, 2013, 01:53:36 am
    • USA
Last Edit: May 25, 2013, 01:57:05 am by King Froz
#544  May 25, 2013, 03:01:15 am
    • USA
    • stacksmash.kontek.net/
Since this topic gets more attention than mine I'll post my palettes for her here:

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Felicia, Clone Wars, Sonic, Shadow, Skullomania. Sorry I couldn't be bothered to do anything with the effects on all but one of them. I might make one or two more. Great job on the palettes others have made so far by the way.

DW

#545  May 25, 2013, 03:09:08 am
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
*wild 2OS appears*

why is that gradient body sprite hi res? get rid of that and apply the gradients to the original sprite.

Aww... 2OS was here and I missed him. :'( Thanks for the pals sir. I like your trademark pal. Maybe you wouldn't mind doing one for Jill if you have the time...? :3 As for the hires body fx... Any particular reason why it should be X'd out? I at first thought this strange myself when Froz sent it to me, but, after coding it in as explods with transparency applied and all.... I have to say it looks nice that way. It is a bit of extra work to have to sync up/code in the body fx/anim explod like that, but it's no big deal. In fact, I already did it. :P It only pertains to her intros/winposes and one special move anyway(Ninjutsu), so no biggy. Though if there's a problem we're not aware of, please share it. I'm all ears.

i think jmorphman was just fucking around since a google image search for psylocke shows she has natural skin color

Yeah lol. Probably.

@2OS

That's because the HR sprites were intended to overlay the ones that didn't have the Psi aura (pink hue).

But here's the untouched sprites with gradient applied and axis.

I'm not seeing the issue, though I will DL this just in case. As I said, I was thrown off myself when you hires'd the body fx, but, after coding it in, it looks fine to me. I don't think it needed, unless there's a problem that 2OS knows about, that we don't... >_< I think you did it so I'd have more work on my hands, Froz.... I thought we were cooler than that. >:[

Last Edit: May 25, 2013, 03:13:56 am by DivineWolf
#546  May 25, 2013, 03:14:42 am
  • Professional Procrastinator
  • Roman Numerals and Decimals should never mix.
    • USA
Shadow

Hair needs to go all black or all red it won't work with half red half black just look at the sprite on the template that's being hit by more light from the effects it has red all through out the hair but on sprites with out that lighting the hair is black in those some spots where the effect lighting sprites have the red.

DW

#547  May 25, 2013, 03:19:48 am
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
Felicia, Clone Wars, Sonic, Shadow, Skullomania.

Lulz 2 Felicia pals. :P Senorfro made one too. That's cool I guess. Of course liking the others as well. But, you're forgetting one aren't you...? You know the one, I don't think I have to say it. I'll be waiting. ;) Thanks.

Hair needs to go all black or all red it won't work with half red half black just look at the sprite on the template that's being hit by more light from the effects it has red all through out the hair but on sprites with out that lighting the hair is black in those some spots where the effect lighting sprites have the red.

Yeah, I see what you mean. I think all black would work better imo, then all red.

#548  May 25, 2013, 03:23:21 am
    • USA
I'm not seeing the issue, though I will DL this just in case. As I said, I was thrown off myself when you hires'd the body fx, but, after coding it in, it looks fine to me.

I'll admit that i was being lazy and couldn't find anything in the programs that make them glow and look crisp at the same time. :P

I'll try to redo them.

I don't think it needed, unless there's a problem that 2OS knows about, that we don't...

I'm pretty sure it's between the hideous blur or the fact that he though it would only be High-Res'd without any overlay.

I think you did it so I'd have more work on my hands, Froz.... I thought we were cooler than that. >:[

Well, i do like to do things the hard way, so this is one of those moments. =p
#549  May 25, 2013, 03:24:46 am
    • USA
    • stacksmash.kontek.net/
But, you're forgetting one aren't you...? You know the one, I don't think I have to say it. I'll be waiting. ;) Thanks.

Yeah, about that one... The reason why I didn't make that one again is because, even I have gotten sick of that joke.

Yeah, I see what you mean. I think all black would work better imo, then all red.

Ehh, I think It looks fine, but I suppose I can make an alternate version with all black hair.

DW

#550  May 25, 2013, 03:34:10 am
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
I'm pretty sure it's between the hideous blur or the fact that he though it would only be High-Res'd without any overlay.

Well, there is no overlay with that. He's referring to the body sprites when she performs Ninjutsu, the sprite in the lower right of the template. That's originally not FX at all, but her actual sprites given the gradient to blend with her fx. Which is more than likey the reason why 2OS brought that up. You essentially turned a small number of her actual sprites, into fx. I thought this strange at first myself. Unlike her energy daggers, the Ninjutsu body colors aren't really meant to be fx. But, it can work. I'm fine with it either way, because I've already coded it in basically.

Yeah, about that one... The reason why I didn't make that one again is because, even I have gotten sick of that joke.

What joke...? :???: You've lost me. Must be an inside one. I thought it was just a signature pal scheme, like many pal contributors have. One that I'm very fond of. Didn't think it was some kind of joke...
#551  May 25, 2013, 03:41:31 am
    • USA
    • stacksmash.kontek.net/
What joke...? :???: You've lost me. Must be an inside one. I thought it was just a signature pal scheme, like many pal contributors have. One that I'm very fond of. Didn't think it was some kind of joke...

The reason why almost all of my sets had a Kula Diamond palette was to parody the fact that she had a palette based off of her very frequently. As of recently however, I've grown sick of doing this joke and now only make one as filler when I absolutely cannot come up with ideas for a character. If you actually liked It however, I do not have a problem with making It again.

DW

#552  May 25, 2013, 04:08:47 am
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
No, not Kula! >:[ I'm talking about the Fire Hair/Brown Skin scheme. Something like you did with Yuka, since you did the blue outfit for Jill and Mai.
#553  May 25, 2013, 04:10:07 am
    • USA
    • stacksmash.kontek.net/
No, not Kula! >:[ I'm talking about the Fire Hair/Brown Skin scheme. Something like you did with Yuka, since you did the blue outfit for Jill and Mai.

Oh! Oh God do I feel stupid. Yeah, I'll make that one for Psylocke.

DW

#554  May 25, 2013, 04:12:04 am
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
Awesome!  :2thumbsup:
#555  May 25, 2013, 09:36:23 am
  • Staying Alive
    • Panama
Talking about signature pal schemes:

Sand Pink.
Chilling
#556  May 25, 2013, 05:46:31 pm

Dat Raven palette... So beautiful!
#557  May 25, 2013, 08:49:55 pm
    • USA
I updated the template with a new aura, palette scheme remains unaffected:

#558  May 25, 2013, 10:23:21 pm
  • Staying Alive
    • Panama
I kinda liked the previous aura more but whatever:

bla bla bla palettes updated:

Chilling
#559  May 25, 2013, 10:26:17 pm
    • USA
    • stacksmash.kontek.net/
#560  May 26, 2013, 01:04:57 am
  • Professional Procrastinator
  • Roman Numerals and Decimals should never mix.
    • USA