YesNoOk

gouken remasterd uodate WIP (Read 44607 times)

Started by alexlexus, February 13, 2023, 07:23:47 am
Share this topic:

Poll

Remaster update Gouken

dislike
like older version
gouken remasterd uodate WIP
#1  February 13, 2023, 07:23:47 am
  • son of sparda
    • nmowner.webs.com/
working on many changes and new features.
nMo new generation of mugen exposure
Re: gouken remasterd uodate WIP
#2  February 13, 2023, 10:54:07 am
Nice to see you back in action.
Feel free to use my account:
Username: GTAguy
Password: imanigger
#3  February 13, 2023, 11:02:46 pm
  • Karate ni senshi nashi
    • Brazil
    • www.youtube.com/user/karate867
#4  February 14, 2023, 01:42:46 pm
  • son of sparda
    • nmowner.webs.com/
#5  February 15, 2023, 07:46:15 am
  • son of sparda
    • nmowner.webs.com/
arcade mode demo and combo video vs 1 coming. Tweaking a few things.
#6  February 16, 2023, 01:55:51 pm
  • son of sparda
    • nmowner.webs.com/

bug testing arcade runs. fixing new things as they are discovered.
#7  February 18, 2023, 05:13:41 am
  • son of sparda
    • nmowner.webs.com/

combos and arcade runs
#8  March 09, 2023, 12:30:09 pm
  • son of sparda
    • nmowner.webs.com/
#9  July 24, 2023, 02:51:15 pm
  • son of sparda
    • nmowner.webs.com/

Update release coming very soon for beta test.
Re: gouken remasterd update WIP
#10  July 24, 2023, 06:24:56 pm
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
He looks pretty good. Gouken has always been one of my favs.
One thing that randomly crossed my mind, is you have him blocking after his air-flip move. I think it'd be cool if it was a parry. He could smash P2 down into a ground bounce. Might be an interesting way to start a combo.
But I have a feeling you're making something a little closer to source.
vVv Ryuko718 Updated 10/31/22 vVv
#11  August 05, 2023, 05:32:05 pm
  • Working on MUGEN characters, 24/7.
    • Australia

Another preview, this one comparing various moves between the old version and the update.

DW

#12  August 06, 2023, 06:12:20 pm
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
The updates look nice. A lot cleaner and crisp. I'm confused by the SGS though. Aside from Gouken having it at all, why is the opponent dizzy and then falls down? Looks odd. That's my only criticism. FX look nice. Moves are more cohesive and snappier. I like it.
Last Edit: August 07, 2023, 02:04:23 am by DW
#13  August 06, 2023, 09:22:51 pm
  • Formerly JordanoDaMano (JDM)
    • Canada
From my understanding, due to being made before SF4 this Gouken worked more like Akuma but as a good guy. This take on the SGS is meant to purge the opponent of corruption or something like that.

Also, it's awesome seeing someone after all this time stepping up and helping alexlexus deliver a definitive version of his Gouken. Everything looks to be working a lot smoother now and, as DW said, the effects are a big improvement.
#14  August 07, 2023, 04:36:14 am
  • Just A Dude...
  • For me, it was Tuesday...
    • Canada
    • chaoticdarkness.deviantart.com/
I remember when I first got into mugen around when SF4 came out, me and my friend would play as your Gouken a lot, glad to see him getting updated after such a long time. I am curious though is he supposed to play like a Marvel character? the MVC2 style portraits I'm not sure if they're just a placeholder but I feel like unifying them under what you have set up for the SGS with the more monochromatic image works better, especially since if you also want to differentiate them by strength you could have a blue/red/yellow. Either way just a small nitpick but he looks pretty promising so far!
#15  August 08, 2023, 04:43:14 am
  • son of sparda
    • nmowner.webs.com/
#16  August 08, 2023, 04:50:36 am
  • son of sparda
    • nmowner.webs.com/
I remember when I first got into mugen around when SF4 came out, me and my friend would play as your Gouken a lot, glad to see him getting updated after such a long time. I am curious though is he supposed to play like a Marvel character? the MVC2 style portraits I'm not sure if they're just a placeholder but I feel like unifying them under what you have set up for the SGS with the more monochromatic image works better, especially since if you also want to differentiate them by strength you could have a blue/red/yellow. Either way just a small nitpick but he looks pretty promising so far!

Gouken was made at a time Capcom didn't have him playable until SF4. When I spoke to seth Killian at comic con 2010 he and capcom knew about my gouken. I wish Sir ghost was with me back then cause maaaaaaaaan this version is going to be sick. I was quietly working on gouken in secret. The sprites were taking the longest time and II think Ghost played an early build of what I had. Then offered Ideas to remix and revamp.

A mix of sf3\ sf4\ mvc.  I took out the guilty gear stuff like air dash but this is a balance of the games I played most. just wait and see good things are coming.   Ghost motivated me to get back on track. He brought me back from the brink of going away for good.  Life and new priorities are he reason it took so many years to get a big update like this. Major changes 
#17  August 08, 2023, 04:54:05 am
  • son of sparda
    • nmowner.webs.com/
From my understanding, due to being made before SF4 this Gouken worked more like Akuma but as a good guy. This take on the SGS is meant to purge the opponent of corruption or something like that.

Also, it's awesome seeing someone after all this time stepping up and helping alexlexus deliver a definitive version of his Gouken. Everything looks to be working a lot smoother now and, as DW said, the effects are a big improvement.

Correct its meant to remove darkness like what happened to RYU at the end of sf4 if you had akumas ending. remember when he sealed the dark hadou for a short while? that is what I ultimately went with.
Re: gouken remasterd update WIP
#18  August 08, 2023, 04:57:13 am
  • son of sparda
    • nmowner.webs.com/
One thing that randomly crossed my mind, is you have him blocking after his air-flip move. I think it'd be cool if it was a parry. He could smash P2 down into a ground bounce. Might be an interesting way to start a combo.

the flip had the drive kick\ throw and the parry.  you will see.
#19  August 10, 2023, 06:22:23 pm
  • Working on MUGEN characters, 24/7.
    • Australia

The updates look nice. A lot cleaner and crisp. I'm confused by the SGS though. Aside from Gouken having it at all, why is the opponent dizzy and then falls down? Looks odd. That's my only criticism. FX look nice. Moves are more cohesive and snappier. I like it.

Thanks for the compliments, guys. I'm glad you all like what's been shown off so far. :)

Alex was one of my inspirations when I was new to MUGEN. I still remember being excited whenever he would upload a YouTube video showing off his various characters years ago, haha. I'm very grateful for the opportunity to be able to collaborate with him to bring this massive update for Gouken to the community. :)

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5dK97z_IYWQ[/youtube]

Another preview, this one comparing various moves between the old version and the update.

Fusion HAAAAAAAAA

Gouken was made at a time Capcom didn't have him playable until SF4. When I spoke to seth Killian at comic con 2010 he and capcom knew about my gouken. I wish Sir ghost was with me back then cause maaaaaaaaan this version is going to be sick. I was quietly working on gouken in secret. The sprites were taking the longest time and II think Ghost played an early build of what I had. Then offered Ideas to remix and revamp.

A mix of sf3\ sf4\ mvc.  I took out the guilty gear stuff like air dash but this is a balance of the games I played most. just wait and see good things are coming.   Ghost motivated me to get back on track. He brought me back from the brink of going away for good.  Life and new priorities are he reason it took so many years to get a big update like this. Major changes 

I couldn't have done it without you, bro. :muttrox:

Here is a small stream Alex did earlier showing off some more tweaks.

#20  August 12, 2023, 02:23:55 pm
  • son of sparda
    • nmowner.webs.com/