YesNoOk

The Roster Thread (New characters added 8/29/13!) (Read 258440 times)

Started by Sean Altly, July 26, 2011, 10:53:27 pm
Share this topic:
Re: The Roster Thread (UPDATED February 17th w/Major Changes!)
#1341  June 23, 2013, 07:22:54 am
  • Just A Dude...
  • For me, it was Tuesday...
    • Canada
    • chaoticdarkness.deviantart.com/
Don't know if it would help at all Sean, but maybe you can fix some things on the sprites using some of the details from the GBA sprites. There was also a DS game but I don't know if they were any better, I couldn't find any rips of Dust Strikers anyhow.

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

DW

#1342  June 23, 2013, 11:03:32 pm
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
I know I must've failed crappily but I tried.

Not at all. I never said anything about the move being bad/a failure. It's just my opinion overall. I'm just saying the portion where she throws p2 to the ground looks a bit stiff/woinky. I'd chop that up to that portion of the move not having it's own custom anim from when she flies back up from tossing p2 to the ground/reverts backs from an inverted position. When she does Vector Drain, she has a flipping anim that has a smooth transition from her being inverted. With the custom move, it's just her frame where she's holding p2 used/flipped around to "simulate" a anim/transition of her setting herself back upright, after throwing p2. Just looks a bit weird, but it's no big deal. I understand spriting some new stuff for it may be a bit much. As for the overall move itself, it's fine by me and a nice custom addition.

I have a suggestion for it that could give it a bit more "seductive" feel to it, befitting of Morrigan. When she goes off screen with p2, perhaps some laughter from her could be added, while having p2 cry out in pain as the slash hit sounds come in and the blood falls. Just a little something extra that makes one wonder even more, just what the Hell is she doing up there with p2.
#1343  June 27, 2013, 08:29:24 am
  • I'm behind you!!!
I think the move wasn't all that well thought out to be honest but I have some news. I will be releasing Ermac's Klassic style version with all moves in tact of the upcoming MK9-inspired costume so you'll be getting 2 versions. Klassic and MK9/Deception costumes as DLC for Capcom vs The World. The MK9 costume will be a patch for Ermac once he's released. this way I can focus on gameplay and then his MK9 costume second. I'll send him to Sean for inspection and testing first so he'll have to approve it.
#1344  June 30, 2013, 10:06:52 pm
  • Deliverater
  • Who's that guy? A-L-T-L-Y
    • USA
    • www.mugenguild.com/seanaltly
New Preview Video

Leo (by Buckus) and Sol Badguy

DESCRIPTION FROM YOUTUBE:

LEO

Leo was coded by Buckus. He'll also be coding Captain America. He's using pretty much his CFE/J moveset, with a custom L1 Super by Buckus called Nemean Wrath. His other L1 is Gigas Driver and his L3 is Hercules Rush. He has great reach and priority with his normals, but he's very, very slow, which balances it greatly (something I probably should have done with Squall).

In the 2nd Round of the fight with Ken, I was trying to build up his super meter to use his Hercules Rush, but I ended up messing up the command once I finally had enough meter.

SOL BADGUY

Trinitronity sent my Aoao's Sol, which has the cleanest rips of GG1 Sol sprites I've seen. So, we decided that with some editing and a fresh palette, we could probably get them to fit in with CvTW. I've already done some editing myself on the stance (especially the arms and loin-cloth thing), but more edits need to be done.

This build still has Ryu's voice and no EX moves or UT. He's also missing Dragon Install, which will be a L3 Super alongside Napalm Death.

Stages by Noz, JeanBureau, and EXShadow
Music by WizzyWhipitWonderful

Download Last Bout now!
Last Edit: July 01, 2013, 09:42:46 pm by Sean Swanson
#1345  June 30, 2013, 10:18:15 pm
  • Staying Alive
    • Panama
so... why you are using Ryu MvC3 english voice for Sol?? it´s so out of place IMO. That aside, both are looking very nice.
Chilling
#1346  June 30, 2013, 10:20:37 pm
  • Hick-spanic
  • the dawn away
    • Puerto Rico
Aren't there rips of his English voice from GG2 you can use?
might as well shill: https://twitter.com/FraudKrew
the streams are here: https://www.twitch.tv/robotboombox
#1347  June 30, 2013, 10:22:07 pm
  • Eyyyy
    • UK
Isn't he gona have All Guns Blazing as a move?
There was a sig here. Its gone now (thanks photobucket ya fecks)
#1348  June 30, 2013, 10:24:46 pm
  • I'm behind you!!!
He had Ryu as the template character and hasn't changed the sounds yet.

Good work on Sol. he looks like he's gonna kick ass along with all the other DLC characters. Leo looks good as well. I never was much for him though. I'm still excited for Wesker and Jedah. I'd love to see em face off.
#1349  June 30, 2013, 10:36:58 pm
  • Eyyyy
    • UK
Also didn't Sean say at one point he had trouble figuring out how to implement a JJBA char? He could use Young Joseph since he doesn't have a Stand, so it would be a bit easier.
#1350  July 01, 2013, 07:22:03 am
  • Deliverater
    • USA
so... why you are using Ryu MvC3 english voice for Sol?? it´s so out of place IMO. That aside, both are looking very nice.
Aren't there rips of his English voice from GG2 you can use?

I'm sorry, but this actually insults me a little. Instead of noting that this is a preview of an unfinished character, or assuming that since this is a full-game that I build each character off of a template (that includes Ryu's voice), or any number or explanations, you actually, honestly thought I'd be dumb/lazy/incompetent enough to use the exact same voice files for two completely different characters in the same game? You seriously thought, after all the years I've been here and creating, that I would do that? On top of that, the video says right at the beginning "Please Read Description," and you didn't think you should do that before coming to the conclusion that I was going to just use Ryu's (already used) voice for someone as important as Sol?

I mean, I know you can't read the description from here, you actually have to view the video on Youtube, but don't you think that before making an assumption like that, you should click the one extra click and make sure I didn't mention the voice thing already? I just, I'm sorry if this seems harsh, but I'm just a little shocked that I need to explain this sort of thing. No, I'm not using Ryu's voice for Sol. Why on Earth would I do that? Why on Earth would you think I was going to do that?

Isn't he gona have All Guns Blazing as a move?

I don't know what that move is. It's not listed in my manual for GGXXAC, and that's what I played to decide which moves he should have. He's not going to have every move he's ever had, that movelist would be huge and would require new sprites be made.

Also didn't Sean say at one point he had trouble figuring out how to implement a JJBA char? He could use Young Joseph since he doesn't have a Stand, so it would be a bit easier.

I'm not really interested in adding anyone from JJBA. I only added Sol because he's someone I wanted in from the start but didn't have the right sprites for.

Download Last Bout now!
#1351  July 01, 2013, 07:37:04 am
  • I'm behind you!!!
I think this guy is insulting Ryu's voice..lol. no man like I said before Sean had a template character he used to build upon which I'm pretty sure I've used it twice now for Ermac and Reptile of which the former I'm glad to say is closer to completion(Klassic Kostume). I only need a few things left then it's off to Sean for testing/adding Ut bar and stuff. once he approves of it fully he will be released. then I'll work on sprites for the New costume and the rest of Reptile. later on I may decide to make other characters.

Sean's work so far as grade A so don't worry about a lil thing like voices. he can always change em later after gameplay is more solid and fine-tuned.
#1352  July 01, 2013, 08:37:07 pm
  • 1-Up
    • tonibarra.tripod.com
Looks really nice so far.
Nit-pick alert: I hope you don't mind me saying this, but in Leo's artwork, his face/snout looks a bit strange to me.
#1353  July 01, 2013, 09:07:34 pm
  • ↑←↑
  • Dream-Colored Chaser
    • Bosnia and Herzegovina
Awesome job on Sol Sean
Just wondering,will you be using ripped GG sounds or get a voice actor?
#1354  July 01, 2013, 09:28:05 pm
  • Deliverater
    • USA
Trinitronity said he'd like to attempt a voice for him. Jared Lee, the voice of Thirteen, Ruckus, and Exile has also asked to voice him. I'd prefer an English voice, especially since all of his GG voices seem to have echos which I don't think will fit in here.

@ MightyKombat

I'm assuming by your Youtube comment that All Guns Blazing is his GG1 Instant Kill. If so, probably not, I like Napalm Death better. It looks very easy to code though, so maybe I'll see what it looks like and make a decision.

Download Last Bout now!
#1355  July 01, 2013, 09:41:55 pm
  • Eyyyy
    • UK
Yeah, I meant his GG1 IK. They also used it for EX Order-Sol's IK in GGXX Slash onward. Its pretty neat. If you've unlocked EX Order Sol in AC or AC+ he'll have AGB as his IK. Works like normal IKs do too.

Shame about the JJBA bit but I understand.
#1356  July 03, 2013, 01:58:07 am
  • The Sweeper
  • Surpass my Aniki
    • Algeria
WOW nice job Sean Buckus and Slender leo and sol look really great i hope CCG is going to make some SFIV palletes for the new character
Cant wait for Jin wih the new sprite and captain america preview
-STREET FIGHTER VI WAITING ROOM-
-DRAGON QUEST XII WAITING ROOM-
#1357  July 03, 2013, 02:05:54 am
  • Staying Alive
    • Panama
I'm sorry, but this actually insults me a little. Instead of noting that this is a preview of an unfinished character, or assuming that since this is a full-game that I build each character off of a template (that includes Ryu's voice), or any number or explanations, you actually, honestly thought I'd be dumb/lazy/incompetent enough to use the exact same voice files for two completely different characters in the same game? You seriously thought, after all the years I've been here and creating, that I would do that? On top of that, the video says right at the beginning "Please Read Description," and you didn't think you should do that before coming to the conclusion that I was going to just use Ryu's (already used) voice for someone as important as Sol?

Be damn sure insulting wasn´t my intention. I thought you got the sprites for AOAO´s Sol itself since well... I dunno if there´s individual rips from that game plus I think AOAO´s has some sounds you could but well, I guess not. And just seeing you don´t want echoing here and there, ok I get it.
Chilling
#1358  July 03, 2013, 02:06:49 am
  • Hick-spanic
  • the dawn away
    • Puerto Rico
^
Ditto.
might as well shill: https://twitter.com/FraudKrew
the streams are here: https://www.twitch.tv/robotboombox
#1359  July 03, 2013, 02:57:33 am
  • Deliverater
    • USA
I added the Youtube description to the post. I know you guys didn't intend to be insulting, but I still felt insulted because I just don't see why you'd assume that I had decided to use Ryu's voice for him, especially considering I'd already used the exact same voice for Ryu himself. It was clearly a beta thing, but your guys' posts came off like you thought it was a final creative decision or something.

I'm going to get an English voice actor for him. I would never do something so lazy as to just re-use someone else's already-in-use voice clips. I hope you understand why it bothered me. It's hard to put into words.

Download Last Bout now!
#1360  July 03, 2013, 04:38:22 am
  • Deliverater
    • USA
I just realized that in CvTW, pretty much everything cancels into everything already. Is there much of a purpose in giving Sol Roman Cancel as his UT? I added it in but considering the loose cancelling already available and the damage dampener in the game, I'm not finding any real use for it. Opinions?

EDIT: Messing around with it, I can chain three HPs in a row using Roman Cancel, which does huge damage. It's a L3 UT right now (which means it uses half the bar). Does that sound balanced?

Download Last Bout now!
Last Edit: July 03, 2013, 04:41:28 am by Sean Swanson