YesNoOk

what is kara raging demon? (Read 3162 times)

Started by [(_sourlucas_)]>, May 15, 2008, 06:57:45 am
Share this topic:
what is kara raging demon?
#1  May 15, 2008, 06:57:45 am
  • If only I had my rainbow star back -_-
    • www.myspace.com/honest_luke
What is it? Is it more powerful than the regular raging demon by ten-fold or something. some guy keeps yapping on and on about kara raging demon on akuma and I presume it's a move of some sort. can anyone enlighten me on this?
It's true that if you own a PS3 then all arguments made by those who don't have one are invalid.
Re: what is kara raging demon?
#2  May 15, 2008, 07:05:57 am
  • In after lock
    • mugenguild.com/~messatsu/index.html
SGS is Kara Canceled in most games.  It's pretty much just a "normal" SGS to the naked eye.

Many people risk their lives everyday by having Mugen.
#3  May 15, 2008, 08:12:56 am
The motion for kara demon is f mp, lp, lp, df, lk, hp (IIRC, that's how it is in TS).

A well-executed kara demon is inescapable (you have like 1 tick to jump away or something).
#4  May 15, 2008, 08:39:24 am
  • A frame here, a pixel there.
Kara Canceling refers to canceling a normal into a special or super during its first few frames. Almost all normals have the ability to be canceled during their first few frames, mainly to allow specials to be easily performable (otherwise, many times when you would go to hit the button to finish the special motion, you'd get the normal attack for that button and the special would not register).

The Raging Demon (and other moves using similar inputs in other Capcom games) has a special property in that it can be canceled into from any normal at any point of its animation. This is because the command requires so many button presses that it would be incredibly difficult to perform at all if it could not register during a normal attack. This property can be exploited in various ways.
#5  May 16, 2008, 11:23:54 pm
    • Canada
The double-curse of Blue Beard Baboon lies in these words you see. Read them once, then read them twice and your island is history.
Last Edit: May 16, 2008, 11:29:19 pm by Shift b is B