#421  February 01, 2021, 04:44:34 am
  • The Lord of Vampire
  • Member of the Reign of Kreation
    • Brazil
    • guiaugusto20@hotmail.com
    • Skype - guiaugusto20
KOF Fan speculation is always wild

Pretty much this hahahaha xD

I was one of the few around KOF forums that said "ok, that chinese outfit for Benimaru means something important". I knew it!
Now with the confirmation of Beni on Team Hero... What about Kyo's team? Many people around is betting for Kyo, Daimon and Shingo or even the return of the Sacred Treasures Team, which means the return of Chizuru. (finally?)
Re: KoF XV
#422  February 02, 2021, 03:26:21 am
    • Argentina
Under the Control: HERO TEAM (OST)
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#423  February 02, 2021, 10:20:48 am
  • Give me Tea, or Cake!
Going back through the KOF XIV endings, the AoF team ending had Takuma, Robert and Yuri going on about the BBQ place the were running and Ryo and Khushnood/Marco being all pissed and wanting to go off on their own. Could we see a new AoF team with Ryo, Marco and a new face? Or the return of Takuma with Robert and Yuri?

(Watch as it's Ryo, Robert and Yuri again! :P )
#424  February 02, 2021, 03:25:20 pm
    • Brazil
As long as they keep calling him Khushnood, or at least have the decency to retcon his "alt" name into something in portuguese and not the obviously spanish version he has. An appropriate name would be "Marcos Rodrigues", or at least just change the surname.
#425  February 02, 2021, 03:56:43 pm
KOF Fan speculation is always wild

Pretty much this hahahaha xD

I was one of the few around KOF forums that said "ok, that chinese outfit for Benimaru means something important". I knew it!
Now with the confirmation of Beni on Team Hero... What about Kyo's team? Many people around is betting for Kyo, Daimon and Shingo or even the return of the Sacred Treasures Team, which means the return of Chizuru. (finally?)

who else is the most iconic boss in kof franchise? i've got a gut feeling that adelheid will be playable in this game and probably setup the return of rugal.
#426  February 03, 2021, 05:45:23 am
    • Argentina
New stand anim
#427  February 03, 2021, 08:18:46 am
  • 하나뿐인 한국인 대표
  • Ambassador of MugenRevival
    • South Korea
    • sites.google.com/view/kolossoni-mugen
Is it just me or does Benimaru's pose look super awkward?

He should bounce up and down, not sway from left to right.
#428  February 03, 2021, 02:08:31 pm
  • The Lord of Vampire
  • Member of the Reign of Kreation
    • Brazil
    • guiaugusto20@hotmail.com
    • Skype - guiaugusto20
Didn't like Beni's pose aswell. But Meiten's is way better and funniest.
#429  February 03, 2021, 02:30:31 pm
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...
I start to be more and more disgusted by some lazy-ass animations in some modern 2D fighting games...
Just like Sakura's normal moves in SFV and many others...

But yes, time is money. why paying skilled animators to do something good.

Hopefully this can be updated later.
#430  February 03, 2021, 04:40:17 pm
  • The Sweeper
  • Surpass my Aniki
    • Algeria
Sakura animation in SFV are far from being lazy lmao
I think shun ei and meiten looks pretty good. Benimaru stance actually seems pretty similar to his older one so I dont really have much issue with it
-STREET FIGHTER VI WAITING ROOM-
-DRAGON QUEST XII WAITING ROOM-
#431  February 03, 2021, 04:43:33 pm
    • Brazil
The thing about being like the older one... is that this isn't the older one, so it should have been an improvement.
#432  February 03, 2021, 05:19:32 pm
  • SNK is life

It is modeled to be exactly the same as the one from XIII, and about the same as XIV but with a more stylized pose. Since Benimaru is a 100% Jojo inspired character they need to go the extra mile with the dynamic "awkward pose"

Not a bug, but a feature. It looks great to me.
#433  February 03, 2021, 05:31:05 pm
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...
Sakura animation in SFV are far from being lazy lmao

I will not go too deep into it, because everyone have his own level to accept effort put into art/animation/music etc.
Sakura's SF4 animations were (from my own point of view) really dynamic. Using some of the best "rules" "advices" of animation.
SF5 didn't for some of the animations, particularly Sakura's normals. when some other moves are very well animated.
exemple.

About Benimaru, the pose is pretty OK to me.
Perhaps just the "frame" of animation itself gives a strange feeling.
a bit too artificial or something, hard to explain.
But again, everyone have his own acceptation of such work.
#434  February 03, 2021, 06:18:10 pm
  • 하나뿐인 한국인 대표
  • Ambassador of MugenRevival
    • South Korea
    • sites.google.com/view/kolossoni-mugen

It is modeled to be exactly the same as the one from XIII, and about the same as XIV but with a more stylized pose. Since Benimaru is a 100% Jojo inspired character they need to go the extra mile with the dynamic "awkward pose"

Not a bug, but a feature. It looks great to me.

Yeah... After seeing it a few more times, I guess it grew on me.
It doesn't look as bad as I first glanced at it.

But why can't SNK 3D models move smoothly like SFV or Tekken?
Their stiffness looks as if it's still PS2 era.
#435  February 03, 2021, 06:27:30 pm
  • The Sweeper
  • Surpass my Aniki
    • Algeria
Dont want to derail to much about sakura but her animation are simply different. Her normal arent suppose to be the same as in SF4. Her animation are more focus since she is more experienced in V compare to 4. But again dont want to derail it to more.

Back to benimura and yeah his stance is pretty similar to his KOF13 one with slightly more movement. Still looks fine to me
-STREET FIGHTER VI WAITING ROOM-
-DRAGON QUEST XII WAITING ROOM-
#436  February 03, 2021, 06:49:22 pm
  • Self-Sufficient Subhuman
  • "I hope you're ready for a beating!"
    • USA
The only animation that this game is obligated to nail perfectly is Kim’s pants.

That’s all that matters.
#437  February 03, 2021, 10:34:18 pm
  • Give me Tea, or Cake!
The only animation that this game is obligated to nail perfectly is Kim’s pants.

That’s all that matters.

This made me chuckle, not gonna lie. Before Kim's pants was '98 Heidern's Heavy Kick, which always seemed to be grossly over animated compared to other normal attacks, but I didn't care as it was a thing of beauty.  :mlol:
#438  February 03, 2021, 10:41:33 pm
  • Non est hoc propter hoc sed propter est hoc
    • USA
    • doubletrend-zeta.neocities.org/
Going back through the KOF XIV endings, the AoF team ending had Takuma, Robert and Yuri going on about the BBQ place the were running and Ryo and Khushnood/Marco being all pissed and wanting to go off on their own. Could we see a new AoF team with Ryo, Marco and a new face? Or the return of Takuma with Robert and Yuri?

(Watch as it's Ryo, Robert and Yuri again! :P )

Marco is a little too similar to other Kyokugen in a way that they might not want to remove any other Kyokugen character for him. I think Robert not being in XI was a pretty big shake up, but he wasn't outright replaced with kyokugen so :p

Jenet, Gato, and Tizoc didn't really replace any core characters, and I couldn't see them doing anything even  like adding in Kim's sons, so there might not be any real Garou love coming around. Rock's probably the closest you'd get to it

One day they'll give us the meme team like they did with Duck King and maybe throw in some Fatal Fury characters like they did with Tung in XIV. Cheng should definitely come back at some point.
#439  February 03, 2021, 11:29:45 pm
Benimaru
The pose is stylized to look "dynamic" for lack of a better word. It's intentional and very much in character. Pretty much what Walt said.

Sakura
Her keyframes are weak compared to SFIV. Whoever did her posing could've done better in giving her motions more "whip." SFV animations are fine for the most part, Sakura unfortunately got a lower quality motion-artist. :P

But why can't SNK 3D models move smoothly like SFV or Tekken?
Their stiffness looks as if it's still PS2 era.
3D KoF animations are throttled in a way where windup to strike is too sudden, giving a unsmooth, "spastic" feeling. Probably intentional to emulate 2D sprite games as much as possible. Also makes sense since some animations date back to KoF XII.
#440  February 04, 2021, 03:17:02 am
  • Mingnon Wins yay!
    • USA
    • www.webs.com/videoman190

Iori Yagami Trailer