YesNoOk

Shredder WIP (Read 248801 times)

Started by Dcat, February 14, 2012, 10:32:11 am
Share this topic:
Re: Shredder WIP
#441  June 15, 2012, 08:27:25 am
  • Your Channel 6 News Anchor is in another Castle!
    • dcat.mugen-infantry.net/
  :ninja:
#442  June 15, 2012, 08:49:28 am
  • Young Coder
    • USA
haha that is awesome
mugen or nothin

#443  June 15, 2012, 08:59:52 am
  • "Za Warudo" user
    • Russia
    • www.youtube.com/user/YagamiRus
Looks great ;D
But what happens to helmet - it just dissapeared? Maybe it should fall on the ground and then dissapear with the clone?
#444  June 15, 2012, 09:10:26 am
Its a separate sprite, I can't make pro gifs so I just use the built in gifcreator in Fighter Factory. Don't worry, the helmet will fly off and rotate
#445  June 15, 2012, 03:11:54 pm
  • Dcat brought me back to Mugen!
    • USA
    • www.flickr.com/photos/22047800@N07/
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
  :ninja:

My guess is that this is one of the Shredder's after-image clones.  Am I right?

EDIT: Just read the sprite file name.  heh
Last Edit: June 16, 2012, 01:52:59 am by oldmanwinters

DW

#446  June 15, 2012, 06:32:53 pm
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
The more I think about it, the more I agree. Super Shredder should be player controlled. :yes:

I was working on the anim for the Shredder clone super. Lots of biz going on, maybe too much?

I was thinking that the final slash should actually travel through the opponent and destroy the clone, knocking his helmet off in the process to identify him as the copy as an homage to the first arcade game.

Awesome. Player controlled Super Shredder ftw!

As for the clone combo super, looks great. Depending on what lv it is, it may be a tad too much. Also assuming a clone will be bashing on Shredder's foe from the other side simultaneously, you could probably take out a few anims to save yourself the hassle.  ;P Though once again, that's completely up to you sir. I very much like the idea of destroying the clone with the final slash. Your innovation with the Turtles and all is awesome.  :)
#447  June 15, 2012, 07:00:32 pm
    • USA
As for the clone combo super, looks great. Depending on what lv it is, it may be a tad too much.

OVERKILL IS NEVER ENOUGH

I could imagine Shredder getting too into the beating that he smashes up the clone a bit as well
#448  June 15, 2012, 07:03:23 pm
    • Germany
Dcat I have a question about the Super Shredder Mode, if Shredder wins in Super Shredder Mode, will he transform back or stay as Super Shredder for the Winpose?

DW

#449  June 15, 2012, 07:09:48 pm
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
OVERKILL IS NEVER ENOUGH

I could imagine Shredder getting too into the beating that he smashes up the clone a bit as well

While this is feasible for a Lv3 super, this wouldn't be very practical for a Lv1. "Overkill" in itself would only be rational for a version of Shredder who has in fact lost his rationality(i.e. Super Shredder). Isn't Dcat's idea of Shredder destroying the clone with the final slash, getting "too much" into the beating as is? As I said, it depends on what lv Dcat has planned for the super in question.
#450  June 16, 2012, 02:20:50 am
The more I think about it, the more I agree. Super Shredder should be player controlled. :yes:

I was working on the anim for the Shredder clone super. Lots of biz going on, maybe too much?

I was thinking that the final slash should actually travel through the opponent and destroy the clone, knocking his helmet off in the process to identify him as the copy as an homage to the first arcade game.

Awesome. Player controlled Super Shredder ftw!

As for the clone combo super, looks great. Depending on what lv it is, it may be a tad too much. Also assuming a clone will be bashing on Shredder's foe from the other side simultaneously, you could probably take out a few anims to save yourself the hassle.  ;P Though once again, that's completely up to you sir. I very much like the idea of destroying the clone with the final slash. Your innovation with the Turtles and all is awesome.  :)

Yeah I've been coding the bare bones of the move using Darkness Illusion from POTS's Morrigan (I'll check out Choujin's Piccolo to study up on his method as well). Good news is everything short of the clone's end state works which is always a good sign, This will be a level one super attack requiring a third of the powerbar to perform. The animation is intended to go by relatively quickly and it won't deal overkill damage regardless of the length of the move. I have to agree with you that the particulars of the animation could be shorter and more dynamic though.

Dcat I have a question about the Super Shredder Mode, if Shredder wins in Super Shredder Mode, will he transform back or stay as Super Shredder for the Winpose?

That'd be a fun little extra for a winpose, Super Shredder form will not persist between rounds though. You'll have to build more meter if you want to use that mode again, there's no carry-over.

#451  June 16, 2012, 03:41:37 pm
Man the helmet coming off brings back so many retro memories! :sugoi:
#452  June 16, 2012, 04:06:02 pm
    • Netherlands
    • network.mugenguild.com/balthazar/index.html

I made a sort-a palette based off the 2nd movie: Secret of the Ooze.
The comic palette he has pretty much covers the look of Shredder in the first movie I think.
And no, its just RBG  :-X
#453  June 17, 2012, 07:32:46 pm
#454  June 17, 2012, 09:42:13 pm

@Emetar, Fuck off. No slurs in my thread please, not everyone is a fan of that word.  >:(

@Balth, looks good, the cape and the glass window are shared though, I'll have tto make some tweaks to what you've got there.

#455  June 17, 2012, 09:58:36 pm
  • "Za Warudo" user
    • Russia
Not bad, but the blade is too white, looks like ice cream lol ;D
Maybe it should have a bit darker borders, like in ARCADE1 palette.
#456  June 17, 2012, 10:09:47 pm
Not bad, but the blade is too white, looks like ice cream lol ;D
Maybe it should have a bit darker borders, like in ARCADE1 palette.
Yeah, I'm gonna change it quite a bit so that certain details are further from the current palettes like the tint of the metal and the general blue hues, and April's colors. I think a movie 1 palette would be better, actually.

In MUGEN update news:
I've been busy implementing custom states in the turtles by using the special animation numbers from the thread in tips, & tricks section. I've included edited baby turtle sprites for their retromutated anims and also the frozen and burned sprites from the games also for Dr. Kelexo's squished by Deathmask animation [animno 5888] uses their flattened sprites. I've also coded a special helper that displays the dizzy stars and plays the classic sound effect when a turtle is put into the squished/dizzy anims. I could expand this to play all of the classic sfx from the games "Now I'm too cool" "Forgot the suncream" etc. but I'm not sure if it'd be too much noise going on... As it stand the dizzy sfx adds a great nostalgia feel to things and is short enough to not get interrupted in the middle of play.

Additionally I've been spriting Midnight Bliss based on the turtles' respective female counterparts or romantic interests.
Raphael and Leonardo's are complete thus far with their Midnight Bliss forms being Mona Lisa and Venus de Milo from the 1987 toon and the 1997 Next Mutation live action series respectively. Mikey's will be Kala the Neutrino from Dimension X, but I'm stumped on what to do for Donatello. I can't remember, did Donny ever have a love interest in any of the series? Or was there ever like a female counterpart to Donatello that I'm forgetting, doesn't have to be a romantic interest just a character that was portrayed as the female Donatello archetype?  I was playing with the idea of it being Metalhead or some generic robot since the title theme has made it canonical that Donatello does machines but I wasn't sure people would get the joke. Any suggestions? 

Last Edit: June 17, 2012, 10:13:36 pm by Dcat
#457  June 17, 2012, 10:14:50 pm
    • USA

Additionally I've been spriting Midnight Bliss based on the turtles' respective female counterparts or romantic interests.
Raphael and Leonardo's are complete thus far with their Midnight Bliss forms being Mona Lisa and Venus de Milo from the 1987 toon and the 1997 Next Mutation live action series respectively. Mikey's will be Kala the Neutrino from Dimension X, but I'm stumped on what to do for Donatello. I can't remember, did Donny ever have a love interest in any of the series? Or was there ever like a female counterpart to Donatello that I'm forgetting, doesn't have to be a romantic interest just a character that was portrayed as the female Donatello archetype?  I was playing with the idea of it being Metalhead or some generic robot since the title theme has made it canonical that Donatello does machines but I wasn't sure people would get the joke. Any suggestions?

Whoa.  THIS I didn't expect!

As far as Donny's romantic crushes, the obvious one would be April O'Neil from the 4Kids and the upcoming Nick toon.  In the Mirage comics story (at least the 4Kids episode adaptation of it) "The People's Champion" he was also somewhat fond of the intergalatic warrior "Jhanna." In the Japanese manga comics, he was very concerned with Kris Mu, although maybe not romantically so.

The "does Machines" joke was kinda funny, but I'd probably avoid those connotations.  :-)

Also, with Michelangelo, you could also pair him with Horridus (Image Comics) or Regenta (Mirage Comics Volume 4), both of whom he had some... "intimate" time with.
Last Edit: June 17, 2012, 10:21:02 pm by oldmanwinters
#458  June 17, 2012, 10:37:35 pm
  • "Za Warudo" user
    • Russia
I'm sure Donatello does machines not in THAT way :D
I gotta agree - he is kinda close to April in that way, for example even in 2k3 series he typically had a very close, however platonic, relationship with April.
Also I liked your idea of turning into robot, metalhead will not do, but maybe some female robot of sorts?
#459  June 17, 2012, 10:39:54 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
I would turn michael into april and donatello into irma, if you go that way of using outside characters.
#460  June 17, 2012, 10:44:46 pm
    • USA
I would turn michael into april and donatello into irma, if you go that way of using outside characters.

Ya know, Irma would actually make a lot of sense for Donatello's transformation!  She kinda flirted with him on a couple of instances in the '87 series.  And her purple-ish color scheme would mesh well with Donatello's bandana color of choice.  I support an Irma transformation!