Divine WIPs (Read 759174 times)

Started by DW, May 15, 2012, 03:45:05 am
Share this topic:

DW

Re: Divine W.I.P.'s
#141  November 23, 2012, 11:29:09 pm
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
Lol, w/e works for you man. I'm not one to try and tell anyone their method isn't right. If it works for you, that's all that matters. When compiling SFFs/coding chars, my method I know would be unorthodox to most creators. But, it's what works for me. :) There's no need for anything right away, so, whenever you get around to it is fine. Thanks. If you want to give me your email, that's fine too. You can send it via PM if you don't want it out there to the GP and all. My email is in all of my chars ReadMes.
#142  November 23, 2012, 11:37:27 pm
  • Nostalgic Addic
  • Working...
    • USA
    • https://www.youtube.com/@NessTheAvatar
Sounds good brother, I'm not too worried about my e-mail, I've posted it on here before just for simple reasons, like request threads etc., mines eric_leatherman_13@hotmail.com so any time brotha', I'm actually at work right now (front desk at a hotel so there's not a lot going on at the moment), but I defiantly will get a hold of you or have you get a hold of me!
#143  November 25, 2012, 08:01:19 am
  • Raging Fist
hehehe I'm happy to see that Hiryu's getting the good votes!
btw, not to be off topic, but I have to ask, when are you going to finish KFM? he still needs excel combo, just defense, and Counter movement last time I checked.

DW

#144  November 25, 2012, 06:51:56 pm
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
btw, not to be off topic, but I have to ask, when are you going to finish KFM? he still needs excel combo, just defense, and Counter movement last time I checked.

What...? The list of system abilities is to let players know what the character can and can't do. Excel Combo, Just Defense, and Counter Movement is NOT in any of my chars and never will be. Since the chars have a CVS custom groove feel though, I added that list so that you would know what they can and can't do. I don't like Excel Combo. Just Defense and Counter Movement are kinda superfluous... Though, I haven't ruled out the possibility of adding Counter Movement, since that is useful. That may be something I consider adding to all my chars down the road... Maybe... Regardless of that, KFM is finished.
#145  November 25, 2012, 07:31:56 pm
  • ↑←↑
  • Dream-Colored Chaser
    • Bosnia and Herzegovina
Counter Movement
whats that?
I know what just defend and excel/custom combo are,but i never heard of counter movement

DW

#146  November 25, 2012, 07:37:45 pm
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
Counter Movement
whats that?
I know what just defend and excel/custom combo are,but i never heard of counter movement

Like a Zero Counter, but instead of attacking, the character rolls forward or backdashes to create space. It's performed by pressing F(or B)+LP+LK while guarding a attack. Waru3's chars can do this. It's one of the abilites of one of those grooves in CVS. I believe C-groove. It's also one of the abilities you could add to chars for your own custom groove in CVS2.

#147  November 25, 2012, 10:42:27 pm
  • ↑←↑
  • Dream-Colored Chaser
    • Bosnia and Herzegovina
thats helpful i guess.Definetly helpful when youre stuck in a corner

DW

#148  November 27, 2012, 04:53:59 pm
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
thats helpful i guess.Definetly helpful when youre stuck in a corner

Yeah, it is. Though since I've added Adv Guard to all my chars, you have no worries of getting stuck in the corner. ;)

Moving on. Sagats almost done. Everything is in save for his special intros and more refinement to Tiger Storm. A special thanks to Balthazar for that vid of it. It helped with putting the anim together for it. It overall works, but there's still some things/advice/feedback I'm waiting on from peeps helping with testing. Froz has completed his CS, which I was damn surprised that he finished it so fast lol. Anyway, it's in his thread as well, but I'll put it here too...

Wanna make some pals for him? Be my guest, I'd appreciate it. Let me clarify here, since there was a bit of confusion in Froz's thread about which fx are which...

1st is Tiger Shot
2nd is Tiger Cannon/Tiger Storm Blast
3rd is the flame FX for MAX Tiger Raid

Also, a heads up about his intros. The two special ones I had planned for him, will be put off until later. The first one was the one suggested by Knuckles(don't know #'s in his name :P) that's in the PSP version of SFA3. Sagat vs Eagle. Maybe some time in the future, JZ and I will implement said intro. For now though, I'm not gonna make peeps wait just for that. The other intro, was a custom intro I had wanted to implement, against JMan's Joe. I'm gonna hold off on that as well. I talked with JMan about it long ago, was gonna keep it a secret, but w/e. :P Aside from those 2 that will be added later, all his CVS2 ones will be added, along with the SFA intro against H"s(future Basara's) Adon.

There's also the matter of his AI to be coded by 20S... So, I can't give a definite release date. Though if everything goes smoothly with refining T Storm, I'd say before this month is done. With his AI and possible extra intros added early Dec. Just a guesstimate though... Won't be another month or anything though I promise.
Last Edit: November 27, 2012, 11:53:32 pm by DivineWolf
#149  November 27, 2012, 08:29:24 pm
    • USA

The only reason why i brought up T destruct-O and Genocide was because i couldn't figure out his other super (i even typed in tiger Rave instead of raid.). ;P

About the speed, there's a scientific mathematical explanation:

Full Focus + Laughably low number of sprites (Thank you, Capcom) + Simple Separation = Not surprisingly fast!

about the palettes, Will 2OS update his? Or will you request an update from someone?

Anyways, good luck with the projects.
#150  November 27, 2012, 09:26:04 pm
  • "OHHH YES!"
    • Canada
I have a video involving feedback here, it's a parody video so don't take it too seriously beyond the things that are wrong :P. I'm always a jerk in these, but it's all in good fun :3 Hope this helps!
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

But are there truly grown men in this world?!
#151  November 27, 2012, 10:43:07 pm
  • Nostalgic Addic
  • Working...
    • USA
    • https://www.youtube.com/@NessTheAvatar
My God, I'm so excited for this Sagat, I can't stand it!

DW

#152  November 28, 2012, 12:14:12 am
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
I have a video involving feedback here, it's a parody video so don't take it too seriously beyond the things that are wrong :P. I'm always a jerk in these, but it's all in good fun :3 Hope this helps!

1. I've never played JJBA, so IDK what you're talking about with that form of push guard.
2. I really have no problem with multi-hitting projectiles passing through the char during it. It works like this in Splode's chars as well. Which it's derived from. I'll look into it though.
3. The ZC trip is just the normal trip with different properties and higher priority. You can cancel from a normal, non-sliding trip, you can cancel from the ZC version.
4. Grabbing a foe who's pushed back, with forward momentum, that's just is what it is. I'm sure you can do this with other chars who can AG as well with proper timing.
5. Following up with her ZC uppercut was intended sir.
6. I like to do what I like. That's the entire reason I got into MUGEN in the first place. That's my choice to have ZC and AG.

Your feedback is noted, but, if you don't like it, you don't have to use my chars. Don't take it as me being upset about it or anything, just real talk.

The only reason why i brought up T destruct-O and Genocide was because i couldn't figure out his other super (i even typed in tiger Rave instead of raid.). ;P

About the speed, there's a scientific mathematical explanation:

Full Focus + Laughably low number of sprites (Thank you, Capcom) + Simple Separation = Not surprisingly fast!

about the palettes, Will 2OS update his? Or will you request an update from someone?

Anyways, good luck with the projects.

Well, that's that lol. It's cool. About the pals... I'll more than likely send him to 20S so he can update them if willing. Gotta ask PAVGN for some updated pals as well.

My God, I'm so excited for this Sagat, I can't stand it!

Thanks.
#153  November 28, 2012, 12:28:19 am
  • tired
    • Skype - Istillhasnoname
OMGOMGOMGOMGOMG Sagat's coming out before the month's over (hopefully)? I can't wait to rip him apart for my usual feedback unless you've got beta testers to do that for you. I'm available if the thought appeals to you.
Is finding MUGEN to be more enjoyable to play when you're not wearing clothes an underrated opinion?

DW

#154  November 28, 2012, 12:47:24 am
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
I don't have testers who aren't coding savy/have some coding knowledge. Sorry, but thanks for the offer. And yes, I have people helping out with testing.
#155  November 28, 2012, 12:48:33 am
  • tired
Alrighty then. I'll just bide my time until his release.
Is finding MUGEN to be more enjoyable to play when you're not wearing clothes an underrated opinion?

DW

#156  November 28, 2012, 12:56:23 am
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
Actually... I hear good things about you. Also, an extra pair of eyes/hands on projects couldn't hurt. You also seem to love Mai almost as much I do lol. So, sure, why not. I'll send him over to you soon.
Last Edit: November 28, 2012, 01:34:19 am by DivineWolf
#157  November 28, 2012, 12:58:03 am
  • tired
Alrighty, I'll send feedback when I get the chance. Thanks for letting me test him, by the way. I really appreciate being given the opportunity to help people with their chars before they're released.

DW

#158  November 28, 2012, 01:20:15 am
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
#159  November 28, 2012, 01:22:19 am
  • tired
Oh, I guess I did help him with Billy and Krauser a bit. I'm sure I'll be a help to Sagat as well.
#160  November 28, 2012, 02:39:58 am
  • I'm just a Moo
    • USA
    • www.youtube.com/user/CoztheSexyBeast666
Your feedback is noted, but, if you don't like it, you don't have to use my chars. Don't take it as me being upset about it or anything, just real talk.
Seriously? You seriously said that to him? And here I was thinking you wouldn't be the type of person who would say such a thing, but you just proved me wrong, however, at the same time, this doesn't surprise me at all.

Homer, thank you for making the video because I knew this was going to happen. Oh well. Guess DivineWolf is scrub that will continue pollute MFG with uninspiring bland characters. This isn't me being angry, this is just real talk, especially after saying the ol "if you don't like it, don't try it" nonsense. 
No