YesNoOk

Divine WIPs (Read 759341 times)

Started by DW, May 15, 2012, 03:45:05 am
Share this topic:
Re: Divine W.I.P.'s
#621  June 12, 2013, 12:16:32 am
    • USA
    • stacksmash.kontek.net/
DivineWolf, there you are! I was beginning to worry about you.

I was waiting on somebody to give me these lol. Thanks a lot, looks great. :smitten:

Oh shit, looks like I read your mind. You're welcome.

DW

#622  June 12, 2013, 03:49:06 am
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
@Ned

Thanks for the pal sir.

@PAVGN

I'm always gone, but never hard to find. On a side note, I think I dislocated my left pinky finger or something... :( Playing basketball earlier 2day and collided with someone during a play. Hurts like Hell every time I try to ball my fist/crack my knuckles. Put some ice on it, hope it's just pain from the impact and nothing serious. Now, I'm off to watch the NBA finals.
#623  June 12, 2013, 11:48:57 pm
    • USA
    • stacksmash.kontek.net/
*Sigh* Okay, hopefully THIS is the last palette I'll make for her:

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

She-Hulk, in case you couldn't tell. I did the best I could.
#624  June 12, 2013, 11:53:37 pm
    • Venezuela
    • Blacksight22@Yahoo.Com.Ve
    • Skype - sebastian.osio
OH YES! Love it

DW

#625  June 13, 2013, 09:58:29 pm
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
@PAVGN

Thanks for the pals.

Alright, so I'm gonna put this up and see if anyone is willing to help out with it.

Xenomic said:
Midnight Bliss:

Xenomic sent me this like a month ago. Something he had done himself long ago for Psylocke. The evening dress concept is nice and elegant. I like it, though we both agree that the actual process of her being drained looks really weird. I'm hoping someone would be willing to replace those four draining frames with a pose more befitting/practical. The pal scheme itself I'm sure doesn't particularly matter. It can be adapted to match up with my Psy's pal scheme once it's finished.

Anyway, I'd very much like to add in MB for her. So, please would someone help out with it? The concept is already there. It's just the pose of her being drained needs a revamp. The initial pose where she's standing is fine imo. Of course said user will be credited for their contribution/help. 4 frames is all that's needed as can be seen in the concept above.

DW

#626  June 14, 2013, 11:22:21 pm
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
One super down, 2 more to go...

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Finishing stretch is when my focus becomes fully in tune/I stop being lazy.
#627  June 14, 2013, 11:26:14 pm
  • Staying Alive
    • Panama
 :) :yeses:
Chilling
#628  June 15, 2013, 12:03:56 am
  • ...why it is always HARDer to be myself?!
    • Brazil
#629  June 15, 2013, 12:39:43 am
  • RISSSSSSIIIIINNNNGGGGG TACO!!!
    • USA
Psi thrust looks amazing.
#630  June 16, 2013, 06:21:05 am
  • I'll do it myself.
    • France
    • Skype - djoulianne
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/hosted.html
oh my, that looks sexy as fuck
#631  June 17, 2013, 10:24:55 am
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...
@Divine
No problem!

Nice updates!
This character is already in my top 3 of your creations!!

Keep it up, bro!
#632  June 17, 2013, 04:19:08 pm
    • Zimbabwe
    • hephaistos1.wix.com/mugen-palace
OH MY GOD! It looks so promising!!!
#633  June 17, 2013, 11:16:33 pm
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
I like it, though we both agree that the actual process of her being drained looks really weird.
If no one steps up, you could probably get away with using it as is, just with the axis around her right wrist instead of her neck, I think.
#634  June 17, 2013, 11:20:59 pm
    • USA
Or you could flip her arm around (vertically, obviously) to make it much more natural.
#635  June 17, 2013, 11:33:41 pm
  • T.G. "Thunder God" Xenomic
    • USA
    • Skype - shinxenomic@hotmail.com
    • http://network.mugenguild.com/xenomic/
@Jmorphman: That's how I had it set up when I sprited it (well, sprite edited the grabbed sprite), but it still looks really awkward and not that great. ^^;;
#636  June 18, 2013, 06:29:47 pm
    • Spain
    • atg-mugen.hol.es/
Well, this is all I could do:

I've replaced the head and the arm with ones of her original sprites and modified it a bit. Since I don't have enough skills to sprite the rest of the frames, I'm leaving this as a base for for the remaining three; or if someone wants to improve it.
#637  June 19, 2013, 01:34:09 am
    • USA
It's definitely a lot better than the old grabbed sprite so far, that's for sure. Maybe other touch-ups are required, but it's still not bad~

EDIT - Now that I noticed this, and this is more of a nitpick on my part and I'm OCD about things, but I noticed her breasts in the Midnight Bliss sprite are smaller than in her normal sprite. That bugs me and I don't know why. .=.
#638  June 19, 2013, 05:36:10 am
  • Because Card Fighters Clash 2 wasn't quite as good
I actually like the concept of her being grabbed by the hand/wrist; feels more unique and... no every one should be grabbed by the neck in a MB
#639  June 19, 2013, 05:43:17 am
    • USA
It'd work if it didn't look so awkward really. That's the problem with the original is it looks so awkward and doesn't work well for Psylocke methinks. ^^;

DW

#640  June 20, 2013, 05:53:36 pm
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
If no one steps up, you could probably get away with using it as is, just with the axis around her right wrist instead of her neck, I think.

No. It looks too weird to me. That pose is just an variant frame of her standing on the ground(which is weird, because for MBs, the char should be held off the ground by Demitri) gem activation pose from MSH. It doesn't even look like she's being held up like that. Her facial expression doesn't show distress, pain/anguish, or oddly enough pleasure(in the instance of some chars, like Felicia). It just doesn't work at all.

Well, this is all I could do:

I've replaced the head and the arm with ones of her original sprites and modified it a bit. Since I don't have enough skills to sprite the rest of the frames, I'm leaving this as a base for for the remaining three; or if someone wants to improve it.

Now that's more like it. :) Thanks a lot. I planned to use the single stance sprite regardless, for the CFJ styled MB where only a single frame is required for that version. For the VS/SvC styled MB, I can use just this single sprite you made. It's better than nothing and PotS did that himself with a few of his chars. Thanks a lot, I really appreciate it.

I actually like the concept of her being grabbed by the hand/wrist; feels more unique and... no every one should be grabbed by the neck in a MB

No, not everyone has to be held up by their neck. Still, that pose just doesn't look right period. Doesn't matter what she's being held up by. It just looks weird.
Last Edit: June 20, 2013, 05:57:29 pm by DivineWolf