Started by DW, May 15, 2012, 03:45:05 am
Share this topic:
Re: Divine W.I.P.'s
#661  June 25, 2013, 12:31:29 am
  • Just A Dude...
  • For me, it was Tuesday...
    • Canada
    • chaoticdarkness.deviantart.com/
Redid the default, as well as 5 others in SF4 colours, as well as one based on Wonder Woman at the end.

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#662  June 25, 2013, 02:20:18 am
  • Staying Alive
    • Panama
^ IMO I think you should change the purple from the hair in your SF4-ish default cause, right now, it looks pretty bad and doesn´t blend too well with the color scheme and I think it´s missing some contrast in some shades.

and

you need to fix the boots in all of yours, remember the 4th tone is the last tone of the boots. That´s caused due to saturation problems. Also the Wonder Woman one could use Yellow or Blue boots, seem to fit more IMO which make me think what reference you used??

Overall, pretty good stuff.
Chilling
#663  June 25, 2013, 02:24:56 am
  • Just A Dude...
    • Canada
I just used a sprite that had been redrawn in HD, based on the mugen version for the Wonder Woman thing. For the hair I was trying to use Rose's hair for reference, but it had more dark tones than lights in the hair. I'll go back and try and fix that colour in the boots later, thanks for the feedback though Aldo ;)
#664  June 25, 2013, 03:20:20 am
  • Striving to improve!
    • USA

King palette as requested. I like this one. I think that the arm bands could be a bit darker, but I like it overall.
#665  June 25, 2013, 03:22:59 am
    • USA
You should take GoodAldo's Advice :P:

you need to fix the boots in all of yours, remember the 4th tone is the last tone of the boots. That´s caused due to saturation problems.

And there's a little bit too much contrast on the hair, aside from that, it's all good. :)
#666  June 25, 2013, 03:36:32 am
  • Striving to improve!
    • USA
You should take GoodAldo's Advice :P:

you need to fix the boots in all of yours, remember the 4th tone is the last tone of the boots. That´s caused due to saturation problems.

And there's a little bit too much contrast on the hair, aside from that, it's all good. :)

Thanks for the feedback. I'll do that tomorrow.
#667  June 25, 2013, 03:45:36 am
  • Professional Procrastinator
  • Roman Numerals and Decimals should never mix.
    • USA
#668  June 25, 2013, 03:48:51 am
  • Staying Alive
    • Panama
Chilling
#669  June 25, 2013, 03:53:38 am
    • USA
It wouldn't work concerning about the MB dress, but hey, ignore the party pooper. :V

DW

#670  June 25, 2013, 05:29:31 am
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
I won't however, accept any NSFW stuff/pals. To each his own and I'm not judging anyone. It's just my own moral code. I have 4 nephews that look up to me like a big bro/sort of father figure. The oldest is 16, the youngest is 4. There's enough suggest themes with VG girls as is, without any suggestive pals. Not only for my nephews, but any/all other young MUGENers out there. Bottom line, don't bother sharing any pals with me like that, cause I won't include them.

Off that topic... Nice King pal. Would you mind changing her FX color to a golden hue? King's hit FX/aura is that color, that's why I ask. If not it's cool. Also, thanks CGU for the pals.

DW

#671  June 26, 2013, 05:46:31 pm
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
Kochou Gakure done. One super left! :D

This move was quite tedious to code. Though, with some help from 2OS, I managed to pull it off. The move is quite fickle though with it's damage output. Heavily based on Psy's positioning relative to her opponent, along with p2's size. Or rather their hitbox sizes. Naturally, bigger chars should have bigger hitboxes. This is where this move will shine, against bigger foes. It's sort of slow on start up, but out-prioritizes other projectiles as a result of this. While protecting Psy from most attacks and projectiles launched at her as the butterfly swarm surrounds her. It can't be used in the air, but the butterflies are unblockable for airbourne foes. Lv2 only. I'll more than likely tweak it a bit once I get some feedback on it, but overall, I feel it pretty solid. It was pretty fickle with it's damage output in MvC2 as well.

Now, on to Psi-Maelstrom...
#672  June 26, 2013, 08:37:45 pm
    • Venezuela
    • Blacksight22@Yahoo.Com.Ve
    • Skype - sebastian.osio
That looks gorgeus! And sounds gorgeus too, So... Psi-Maelstrom and that's it? Psylocke's finished?

#673  June 26, 2013, 10:51:19 pm
  • Just A Dude...
    • Canada
Fixed up the palettes, and the issue that Aldo mentioned, hopefully the contrast in the hair is better now, and gave a try at a CPS3 palette using samples from various characters.

DW

#674  June 27, 2013, 12:12:48 am
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
That looks gorgeus! And sounds gorgeus too, So... Psi-Maelstrom and that's it? Psylocke's finished?

Thanks. As far as her moveset goes, yes, Psi-Maelstrom is all that's left. I still have to code in the rest of her intros and winposes. I always save that for last, while just giving a char their most simple winpose+intro to start with. There's also tweaks I'll more than likely make based on her final trial state, from my much appreciated beta testers. And finally, the CS itself from Moon Girard isn't finished yet. Finishing touches is basically what's left before her release.

Fixed up the palettes, and the issue that Aldo mentioned, hopefully the contrast in the hair is better now, and gave a try at a CPS3 palette using samples from various characters.

I had in mind to use a new default pal for Psy, like how Froz did with my Sagat's default pal. And as most(including myself) aren't very fond of the "Simpsons" skin tone, I'm very much leaning on using your new default for her default. I also like all the others as well. Nice updates and thanks.

#675  June 27, 2013, 01:21:18 am
    • Venezuela
    • Skype - sebastian.osio
Ok, I'll be waiting patiently, but still anxious for her loving the pals so far, the screenshots, and with your "Mugen records" I'm pretty sure this'll be a great char

#676  June 27, 2013, 07:01:20 am
  • RISSSSSSIIIIINNNNGGGGG TACO!!!
    • USA
#677  June 27, 2013, 07:38:03 am
  • Staying Alive
    • Panama
The hair in the SF4-ish default now looks sustantially better, very nice work on the color choice.
Chilling
#678  June 27, 2013, 05:07:54 pm
    • Venezuela
    • Skype - sebastian.osio
What do you think:

Second pal I ever make

DW

#679  June 27, 2013, 05:21:27 pm
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
Looks good to me. Thank you for the pal. You should have used the more up to date template though. :P So you/we could see the MB adaption as well.
#680  June 27, 2013, 06:20:43 pm
  • Professional Procrastinator
  • Roman Numerals and Decimals should never mix.
    • USA
I know there's already 3 other default palettes but i made one as well i just took the colors from her MvC2 default and her X-Men:CotA 2p color right now the Small portrait is using this palette for the Character select screen i don't know which Default palette you wanna use divine but if you know which one just let me know so i can change the small portrait to appear with that palette.

What do you think:
[IMG]http://img441.imageshack.us/img441/5348/t1u.png
Second pal I ever make

The lightest color for the gloves, pants and boots should be darkened some right now it looks weird since it goes from so light to so dark. The last 2-3 colors for the boots, hair, pants and gloves all share the same color so you might wanna change them so the shading shows up and the first four colors for the ninja outfit should blend into the other colors used for the ninja out since right now the 3rd ninja outfit sprite looks a bit of with the pink their.