Re: Divine W.I.P.'s
#1041  December 15, 2013, 05:47:51 am
  • Staying Alive
    • Panama
Yep. That looks much better, as expected :D
Chilling
#1042  December 15, 2013, 06:36:12 am
Good Luck with Athena. It's one of my favorite characters. so gonna definitely try out when released.

DW

#1043  December 15, 2013, 05:01:31 pm
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
Light Yagami and L palette updated.

http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk81/Kurow_Kirishima/PaletteColors/KiriampAlther-LightDeathNote_zpse59beacb.png

http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk81/Kurow_Kirishima/PaletteColors/KiriampAlther-LDeathNote_zpsbc0e816a.png

Once again, IDK who the chars these pals are meant to be based on, but I do like the colors regardless. The updates you did to them do look great. Thanks.

Good Luck with Athena. It's one of my favorite characters. so gonna definitely try out when released.

Thanks for the support. Things are going steadily with her. There's a few things I need to tweak, along with finishing her lv3. I should probably post up some screenshots of progress. I'll do it later today if I remember to that is...
#1044  December 15, 2013, 06:58:38 pm
  • Raging Fist
Nah I know you can do it divine. You've showed excellence in all your characters so far. I can't wait wait to see what else you can throw at the mugen world.
#1045  December 16, 2013, 05:06:15 pm
  • Build it, shape it, by my will.
Last palette from me.

DW

#1046  December 18, 2013, 06:34:08 pm
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
Last palette from me.

http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk81/Kurow_Kirishima/PaletteColors/Kiri-LukaMegurine_zpsa1190277.png

Thanks for the pal.

So, I'm pretty much done with Athena, save for coding in her winposes and a couple intros. Here's a few pics...

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Since Neo Psycho Medley is an input super and all, I don't feel like posting pics of the various attacks, along with it's hard to do that, w/o dropping the combo. :P You'll all see it first hand soon enough. Wanted to show the lv3 pic though. Clean and sexy as hell. Special thanks to Infinite for that. Everything was going fine with the finishing touches, until I noticed a problem... She doesn't have the vs Sakura intro sprites in her SFF... :( So, I need those applied to her CS so I can add them. @Jmorphman: How bout it old buddy? :3 Surely you'd be willing to help me out with that. As it's even more important than her CvS stance imo.

In unrelated news, I've updated all my other chars as well. System updates, some clsns/damage/anim tweaks, applying the MB custom sound to those it applies for, etc. Speaking of MBs...I finally managed to get one made for Mai! :D

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

A extra special thanks to Dampir for this. He's my hero! Also, special thanks to Girard for applying the CS to the sprites. I added the trigger for the vs Andy Bogard intro to trigger for Infinite's upcoming Andy as well. All the updates will be released alongside Athena's debut. Some time this week for certain.
#1047  December 18, 2013, 06:40:48 pm
  • The Sweeper
  • Surpass my Aniki
    • Algeria
nice well im getting ready to change mai
-STREET FIGHTER VI WAITING ROOM-
-DRAGON QUEST XII WAITING ROOM-
#1048  December 18, 2013, 06:42:37 pm
    • Venezuela
    • Blacksight22@Yahoo.Com.Ve
    • Skype - sebastian.osio
1-Athena's super port looks smexy!
2-Can't motherf***ing wait!
3-DAT MB!
4-I gotta hurry the fuck up to give you my last pals for Asamiya-chan!

Posted: December 18, 2013, 06:44:05 pm

Insane props to whoever knows who is this

BTW, save this one as QuickFist_InsideBeast

#1049  December 18, 2013, 07:07:53 pm
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
Jmorphman How bout it old buddy? :3 Surely you'd be willing to help me out with that. As it's even more important than her CvS stance imo.
* Jmorphman slowly scrapes fingernails down chalkboard

Y'all know me. Know how I earn a livin'. I'll separate this gal for you, but it ain't gonna be easy. Bad job. Not like going down the http://www.justnopoint.com/ separating Joes and Ken. This character, swallow all your time and energy whole. Little shakin', little tenderizin', an' down you go. And we gotta do it quick, that'll bring back your palette makers, put all your intros in a MUGEN basis. But it's not gonna be pleasant. I value my time a lot more than doing it for free, chief. I'll find sprites for three, but I'll grab them, and separate them, for ten. But you've gotta make up your mind. If you want to release this character, then ante up. If you want to play it cheap, be on without Athena the whole winter. I don't want no volunteers, I don't want no mates, there's just too many color separators on this forum. $10,000 for me by myself. For that you get the hair, the eyes, the whole damn thing
#1050  December 18, 2013, 07:16:49 pm
  • Spriter-in-Training
  • Learning new ways to sprite
    • USA
    • Skype - altherprimus
Awesome progress, but dangit, right as I actually had cool new concepts xD.   I'll try to get as many as I can in before the deadline, and if I fail I'll just go ahead and dig up my old E&A thread to make a pal pack xD.  Looking forward to release!  (Also, nice MB, and lol at Jmorphman.)
Xan (on Skype) said:
Because fuck logic it's mugen

The reason I don't post more is because 1: I rarely have anything to say, and 2: I stink at saying it XP
#1051  December 18, 2013, 07:18:31 pm
  • RISSSSSSIIIIINNNNGGGGG TACO!!!
    • USA
Athena looks Amazing!
Can't wait for her release!
That LVL3 portrait :o

DW

#1052  December 18, 2013, 07:20:03 pm
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
4-I gotta hurry the fuck up to give you my last pals for Asamiya-chan!

Yeah, it's "last call" time for pals.

BTW, save this one as QuickFist_InsideBeast

K

* Jmorphman slowly scrapes fingernails down chalkboard

Y'all know me. Know how I earn a livin'. I'll separate this gal for you, but it ain't gonna be easy. Bad job. Not like going down the http://www.justnopoint.com/ separating Joes and Ken. This character, swallow all your time and energy whole. Little shakin', little tenderizin', an' down you go. And we gotta do it quick, that'll bring back your palette makers, put all your intros in a MUGEN basis. But it's not gonna be pleasant. I value my time a lot more than doing it for free, chief. I'll find sprites for three, but I'll grab them, and separate them, for ten. But you've gotta make up your mind. If you want to release this character, then ante up. If you want to play it cheap, be on without Athena the whole winter. I don't want no volunteers, I don't want no mates, there's just too many color separators on this forum. $10,000 for me by myself. For that you get the hair, the eyes, the whole damn thing

Umm... :stare: Is that a "yes" or a "no"...? If that's a reference to something, IDK what... :confused:
#1053  December 18, 2013, 07:22:30 pm
    • USA
c'mon man, it's Jaws

DW

#1054  December 18, 2013, 07:31:04 pm
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
Oh lol, it makes sense now. Hey man, I haven't seen Jaws since I was like...7 years old!
#1055  December 18, 2013, 07:51:41 pm
    • USA
You should watch it again, then!

Alright, bit of a problem:
Since the Sakura intro sprites have her in Sakura's outfit, she has a whole row (15 colors) dedicated to it in her CvS2 rips. Even her legs use different colors (from her face, which is unchanged from her regular school outfit uniform). While certain things could be forced into the template (the turtleneck under her blouse and portions of her shoes uses the same number and shades as the reds in the normal palette, save for the last color, but it's close enough; and the kerchief could use the sash colors but it would still be missing another shade). But that would leave the rest of the outfit and the skin below the neck (which uses 5 colors instead of 4 like the normal one, so it can't be easily forced).

But the whole outfit doesn't even need to be separated, it could just be left unshared and placed over Athena during the intro. Except the legs... they would look weird if they didn't use the face colors. It's possible to reduce them, and make them use Athena's normal colors, like so:

Which looks OK, I guess. It's the best one can do, without changing the template. And it's already full, so something would have to go to make room.

DW

#1056  December 18, 2013, 08:21:45 pm
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
I'm not particular/anal about these types of things. Whatever you need to do, is fine with me. I'm not trying to change up the template. I'm not even trying to put anyone through the hassle. If a few shades have to be left out, so be it. As seen in your sample it looks fine and it's really not important enough to change up the template. It can share colors with w/e. The colors themselves don't matter to me, just the sprites/outfit itself matters. Even if it has to share with Athena main color scheme, it's still Sakura's outfit. That's good enough for me. Lastly, I should watch Jaws again.
#1057  December 18, 2013, 08:26:56 pm
    • Venezuela
    • Blacksight22@Yahoo.Com.Ve
    • Skype - sebastian.osio
Akemi Homura

Mami Tomoe

Credit to Gognos and Kirishima for the BodyFX colors

#1058  December 18, 2013, 08:30:14 pm
    • USA
Even if it has to share with Athena main color scheme, it's still Sakura's outfit. That's good enough for me.
Well, that's what I'm saying: It can't. A few things can be shared, but most of it has to be unshared. Do you want the red and yellow stuff to share or be separate? I think it'd make more sense to be separate, but I dunno.

DW

#1059  December 18, 2013, 08:35:04 pm
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
Hmm... Whatever you think is best/is easier. IDK really.
#1060  December 18, 2013, 08:42:46 pm
  • Spriter-in-Training
  • Learning new ways to sprite
    • USA
    • Skype - altherprimus
Welp, here are a couple more!  I don't know if anyone will like them, but I'll say that it takes Athena from being a psycho soldier, to Dancing Madly xD

EDIT: Didn't notice the updated L and Light palettes, so thanks Kirishima!
Xan (on Skype) said:
Because fuck logic it's mugen

The reason I don't post more is because 1: I rarely have anything to say, and 2: I stink at saying it XP
Last Edit: December 18, 2013, 08:59:16 pm by Alther Primus