YesNoOk

Divine WIPs (Read 759305 times)

Started by DW, May 15, 2012, 03:45:05 am
Share this topic:
Re: Divine WIPs
#1561  April 07, 2016, 10:04:07 pm
  • Master Relic Tech
  • Screenpack Maker EX
I got your back and sent you a package. Just check your mail, good buddy.
#1562  April 08, 2016, 01:03:00 am
  • Idea!
    • USA
How about these?

"To feel your face crumple beneath my fist brings great pleasure to me."
"Flesh like paper.  Bone like glass.  Easily broken."
"With each win, the demon in me grows stronger."
"Get up, I'm not done."
"That was only a taste of my true power."

DW

#1563  June 30, 2016, 04:49:44 pm
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
Well, wanted to give a quick update of my MUGEN status. I've decided to work on Zero along with Strider Hiryu. I'm also currently working on Bathory, Sky79's reboot of that hentai vampire char. So, needless to say, I'll have my hands full for awhile. Even more so when I started looking over the SFF of Zero... MAN.... Dat shit is a mess... :-\ It's gonna take awhile to clean it up and optimize it. There's also sprites that are misaligned as well. I'm gonna need help with optimizing the pals for FX and what not. I've already started deleting shit I'm not gonna use. This is still subject for change though. I have to do clean up for Strider's SFF as well, though luckily not nearly as much as with Zero.

Not gonna lie, this is the hardest part of creation for me. Getting the SFF ready. It's better when I build it myself. Though when I'm using a different source, it becomes more trouble than it's worth sometimes... There's too much clean up going on right now, so unfortunately I don't have any pics to show. I will be spreading the work between the 3 interchangeably. For Zero, my plan is to split him into 2 different modes. He has a good amount of moves made for him, though lots of them serve the exact same purpose. I don't see the point in oversaturating him with moves that have the same functionality. So, my version will have a Normal mode, which will mostly be based off MvC3 and some MMX stuff. While the other mode will be "Dark" mode. Inspired from his "evil" appearances in MMX 5 and 6 I believe? Dark mode will be based more on TvC along with stuff from the MMX series as well.

I do have Bathory in a stable Alpha state, if anyone is interested in seeing her? Although I am coding her, she's not really my project. I want to make that clear. I'm coding her as a favor to Sky79. She has her own topic here and all. I don't have anything set in stone with Zero yet as far as moves go. With Strider, I plan to keep him mainly MvC. Though if anyone may have a suggestion regarding his games that could possibly integrate nicely into a FG genre, feel free to share. Both Zero and Strider will get the "Morrigan" treatment. Able to chain combo, though not special/super cancel from chaining. Bathory is sort of on hold for now, so over the course of the weekend, I plan to crack down and get Zero and Strider's SFFs ready to go(hopefully). Just wanted to give a heads up on my current plans.

lui

#1564  June 30, 2016, 04:57:44 pm
    • USA
Sounds good man.

What do you mean by messy .sff's besides the misaligned sprites? Not sure what you mean by "messy"

DW

#1565  June 30, 2016, 05:06:26 pm
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
Duplicate sprites, FX pals not optimized which needlessly increases the size of the SFF(FX that should, not sharing the same pal scheme), sprites not cropped correctly, stuff just out of place in the sprites. Though that last bit is more of an OCD kinda thing, I won't lie. Everything is just...thrown in there imo. No structure or anything. It must be fixed!
#1566  June 30, 2016, 05:10:08 pm
  • M.U.G.E.N 4 LIFE!
    • USA
    • suliofthenerdvaid@gmail.com
    • https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwd0KXNN1f_sVI80PHAnWdA
Sounds like this is gonna be a long and bumpy road, so I wish you good luck DivineWolf
#1567  June 30, 2016, 05:33:02 pm
  • Oh look, I changed this thing.
    • USA
    • mega491@yahoo.com
The only thing I hate about making something for MUGEN is building the SFF from scratch. It gets so darn tedious to the point of boredom...
#1568  June 30, 2016, 05:36:03 pm
Man, not being able to chain supers is a bummer, but still, hyped for them guys.
Good luck bro. Love your stuff.
#1569  July 01, 2016, 01:46:24 am
  • Niigasan
Question are u going to make his ragnarok like umvc3? And an idea for level 1 some sort of slice and dice move with his sword would be nice, like 5-6 slashes ending with his launcher and while the opponent in the air he does his teleport behind them and cuts em down. I always felt strider needed a sword super he doesn't feel right without it to me at least, but good luck man on your 10000345 character I appreciate your hard work for the mugen community!

DW

#1570  July 01, 2016, 01:56:09 am
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
Sounds like this is gonna be a long and bumpy road, so I wish you good luck DivineWolf

Thank you.

The only thing I hate about making something for MUGEN is building the SFF from scratch. It gets so darn tedious to the point of boredom...

It is boring, but not too tedious. Especially if you have some good rips w/ axis. Depending on how many sprites the char has, it only takes about 10-20 mins to complete.

Man, not being able to chain supers is a bummer, but still, hyped for them guys.
Good luck bro. Love your stuff.

Kinda makes them OP if they could cancel from chaining. In a CvS like playstyle. It worked for Morrigan, I promise it'll work for these two as well. Thanks for the support.

Question are u going to make his ragnarok like umvc3? And an idea for level 1 some sort of slice and dice move with his sword would be nice, like 5-6 slashes ending with his launcher and while the opponent in the air he does his teleport behind them and cuts em down. I always felt strider needed a sword super he doesn't feel right without it to me at least, but good luck man on your 10000345 character I appreciate your hard work for the mugen community!

Yes, his Ragnarok will be inspired from UMvC3. As for a Lv 1, I was going to use the energy slash super that Infinite gave his Strider for his old SvK game/format? I'm actually using his as base, which saves me time. Haven't thought of a name for it yet, but it'll do. I may consider it, but I don't think he needs a auto rushdown/"ranbu" like super. Ragnarok kinda already fills that role.

but good luck man on your 10000345 character I appreciate your hard work for the mugen community!

:pwn:

Eh....? Lol, well thanks for the support none the less, I appreciate it.
#1571  July 01, 2016, 02:00:16 am
    • USA
    • YouTube.com/MugenX000
Always wanted a Strider that was more focused on his swordplay and abilities rather than his gadgets and the like. Can't wait, DW!
#1572  July 01, 2016, 02:08:50 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
For Zero if it was me I'd extract all the sprites with axis intact and remake the sff. I'm like you, it's tough to use someone else's sff and air unless they are organized really well and aligned properly

DW

#1573  July 01, 2016, 02:11:27 am
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
Always wanted a Strider that was more focused on his swordplay and abilities rather than his gadgets and the like. Can't wait, DW!

Thanks for the support.

For Zero if it was me I'd extract all the sprites with axis intact and remake the sff. I'm like you, it's tough to use someone else's sff and air unless they are organized really well and aligned properly

Bruh! I didn't even think of that! JNP, you're my hero. That will definitely work out. Thanks!
#1574  July 01, 2016, 02:27:27 am
Hey DW could you (well just an ideal) have the combo chaining optional, like how Infinite chars are.
#1575  July 01, 2016, 04:08:53 am
  • user that makes alternate accounts
  • And when caught pretends they were experiments
i like, but i confess i wanted to see a new face in divinewolf style.

like tessa,kenji,poison,cody or another char not more exploited in other styles.

lui

#1576  July 01, 2016, 04:12:19 am
    • USA
"man i wanted to see you make someone i want, not someone that you actually want to make yourself"
#1577  July 01, 2016, 04:17:37 am
  • T.G. "Thunder God" Xenomic
    • USA
    • Skype - shinxenomic@hotmail.com
    • http://network.mugenguild.com/xenomic/
Oh huh. That's a surprise about Bathory. Well, think she's in good hands there then at least~ Interesting to hear that you took on the coding for her though~
#1578  July 01, 2016, 04:18:38 am
  • Hoping for the best, prepared for the worst.
  • 2D Fighting games forever!
    • Brazil
When will people learn that requesting characters to be made for them is rude?
Lasagna
#1579  July 02, 2016, 03:20:01 pm
Zero Virus/Awakened Zero from MMX5 sounds cool
#1580  July 02, 2016, 11:35:26 pm
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...
DW always make the best choice of characters, so I have absolutly no worries.
Just keep it up, bro, with the characters you want to create :)