YesNoOk

StormEX | Natsu Dragneel | Fairy Tail | Original Sprites (Read 595191 times)

Started by StormEX, July 03, 2012, 09:35:27 pm
Share this topic:
Re: StormEX | Natsu Dragneel | Fairy Tail | Original Sprites
#861  March 15, 2016, 02:31:06 am
  • StormEX
  • | Content Creator | Gamer | Programmer |
    • USA
    • Twitch.tv/ZayOsirisGaming
#862  March 15, 2016, 02:54:24 am
  • Coder and Voice Actor
    • USA
    • www.youtube.com/thisisgir
Massa didnt allows me tuh have the beta of what massa had done so far yet on dat Ol' dere Natsu.. Lawd I sure hopes massa finds it in his heart to finally be kind enough to me and send it ova.. 

In all seriousness send it over dude and check your pms XD
#863  March 15, 2016, 03:16:19 am
  • StormEX
    • USA
Massa didnt allows me tuh have the beta of what massa had done so far yet on dat Ol' dere Natsu.. Lawd I sure hopes massa finds it in his heart to finally be kind enough to me and send it ova.. 

don't make me crack my whip, Boy..! :whip:

Seriously though, I'll send you the updated version later on in the week. I haven't been able to put everything together. I still need you to in increase the volume on Natsu English voice..! :yes:
#864  March 15, 2016, 04:13:22 am
  • Coder and Voice Actor
    • USA

don't make me crack my whip, Boy..! :whip:

Seriously though, I'll send you the updated version later on in the week. I haven't been able to put everything together. I still need you to in increase the volume on Natsu English voice..! :yes:

Which is why I need you to send him over so I can do it turd lol
#865  March 19, 2016, 08:44:10 am
  • StormEX
    • USA
Lemme hear your battle cry!
#866  March 19, 2016, 05:33:03 pm
    • Brazil
    • mrtroll555.mt@gmail.com
I can not stand to wait that Natsu my god I to crazy to play with him ;--;
#867  March 26, 2016, 11:14:56 pm
  • StormEX
    • USA

Added clothing & loop segments..!
#868  March 27, 2016, 08:24:10 am
  • Rawr!
great progress here StormEX :) .. btw.. what do you think of natsu's hair in the latest episode.. do you think it looked better long or short after Cancer cutting his hair?
#869  March 27, 2016, 06:39:48 pm
Tetsuga, i think it's better short, even if the longer hair gives him a wilder look. Looking in the manga, when he show himself gives off the image to be really powerful, more than ever.
Maybe DragonSlayerEx can do the trick as a possible intro. Something like this:
He enter the stage like in the manga, with cape and all, then shout giving out heat shockwaves. Lucy appear with Cancer and they cut off the hair in a quick fashion, leaving Natsu confused (interrogative points over his head, maybe him looking his hands - for cutted hairs), then assuming fighting pose. Just an idea :D (all in few seconds. i think it's possible)

Anyway, Good Easter Day to all ;)
#870  March 27, 2016, 09:14:13 pm
  • StormEX
    • USA
great progress here StormEX :) .. btw.. what do you think of natsu's hair in the latest episode.. do you think it looked better long or short after Cancer cutting his hair?
it was definitely entertaining, but I actually read the manga and for what it's worth: I'm holding back on a lot of ideas I could be using, because of the time period I'm working on specifically. That being said, there are certain things you should/shouldn't expect this version of natsu to have. ;p

Think of this version of Natsu only going as far as the grand magic arc, in his character development. Right before he beats rogue..!
#871  March 28, 2016, 05:26:31 pm
  • Coder and Voice Actor
    • USA
Fayt likes this
#872  March 28, 2016, 05:42:59 pm
Really cool to see the process you use for custom sprite editing
Posts counts are stupid regarding not allowing PM's. Especially when needing to discuss something with staff/admin
#873  March 28, 2016, 09:11:53 pm
  • StormEX
    • USA
I'd love to take credit for the animations, however the artist behind what you're seeing is Deddy95. He's been the lead designer for quite some time now, and I own him, tsao-ri, fayt, graphicus, & a bunch others a huge thanks for helping me push this project along..! :thumbsup:

Most if not all the animations he's done, have all been original in concept. Early on, some bases were provided as reference material, but he's talented on his own..! :yes:

Truth be told, I'm actually behind on a lot of programming, & color indexing. Just expect his release before the summer. ^_^
#874  March 28, 2016, 09:38:33 pm
Please pass along to Deddy95 that his creation style is cool, not to mention can see the finished product in sig is very nicely detailed as well
Posts counts are stupid regarding not allowing PM's. Especially when needing to discuss something with staff/admin
#875  March 28, 2016, 10:39:49 pm
  • Rawr!
StormEX, did you get hit with the feels when Makarov used the Fairy Tail "salute" when Laxus was banished from the guild?
#876  March 29, 2016, 12:49:58 am
  • StormEX
    • USA
Short answer: yes :3

Long answer: I just like to pay my respects to the ones who help push this project. Look at it for my perspective. It's been three long years. The characters been on & off for a long time, and if not for deddy95, tsao-ri & all else; this wouldn't get done. This project has become very personal for me now, and it's one of my main focuses. I enjoy it, so I hope everyone else does as well. :)

Edit:

Here's the first part, done..!
Last Edit: March 29, 2016, 01:13:23 am by DragonSlayerEX
#877  March 29, 2016, 01:35:14 am
  • Coder and Voice Actor
    • USA
Glad to hear that brother! Cause like 3 months ago you told me it was becoming work. I'm happy to hear you have that spark again! If you need my help with anything don't hesitate to ask!
#878  March 29, 2016, 01:38:40 am
  • Some day I'll finish this thing...
    • Argentina
Not sure if it's just an optical illusion due to the legs disappearing from view or what, but he seems to be shrinking as he slumps to the ground. Am I seeing it wrong? :P
#879  March 29, 2016, 01:47:50 am
  • StormEX
    • USA
Glad to hear that brother! Cause like 3 months ago you told me it was becoming work. I'm happy to hear you have that spark again! If you need my help with anything don't hesitate to ask!
a few times I felt like quitting actually. I can't tell you how often I wanted to drop the project and move into other things, but I personally hate leaving things undone, so I just kept at it. It was mostly due to the inconsistency, not the motivation itself. :P

Not sure if it's just an optical illusion due to the legs disappearing from view or what, but he seems to be shrinking as he slumps to the ground. Am I seeing it wrong? :P
I wanna say illusion, but I think it's just how his body is arched. Natsu's a bit of a lean guy, so I think it's angle. It's the proper size, when compared to his crouch pose.
#880  March 29, 2016, 02:27:25 am
I spent a lot of time on the size of that frame, it kept looking too small compared to the idle frame. I tried taking photos of myself as reference and i noticed that the only thing i could do to increase the size without fucking up the proportion was to break the limit of the ground making his knees lower than the feet. That might be one reason it looks a bit small, the other reason is that is back is a little arched as stormex said.
However i'm glad you pointed that out :)