YesNoOk

Capcom vs The World '20 Update by SeanAltly (Read 251831 times)

Started by Sean Altly, June 09, 2020, 01:18:53 am
Share this topic:
Re: Capcom vs The World '20 Update by SeanAltly
#301  July 27, 2020, 08:49:13 pm
  • Deliverater
  • Who's that guy? A-L-T-L-Y
    • USA
    • www.mugenguild.com/seanaltly
No, that's actually how they're drawn, I have a template sheet with the trapezoid shape printed, then I draw them, ink, scan, color and scale. Here's an example, with Joe's portrait as well which I haven't separated and used yet

Download Last Bout now!
#302  July 27, 2020, 09:02:12 pm
  • Rurouni Fan
  • The dream is nothing yet drive us to the end.
    • www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLaWlQGjKyJWoXxMR8nrea7P4R9C0JnA-_
I never played Power Stone, but I can relate to people who want a beloved franchise seeing more attention, so I say go for it, only good can come out of this.
I felt that.

Sean, just out of curiosity, did you ever think about converting portraits to pixel art?
One day someone will rip the Inuyasha stages... Not today nor tomorrow, probably not even in this decade. But you know, someday... :')

Did you play the new
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#303  July 27, 2020, 09:28:03 pm
    • Mexico
I'd say go for Falcon so long as it doesn't burn you out (given what you said about keeping the roster small because of that and whatnot). Though I'm not sure if you're planning to also add another The World to come alongside him; if possible, I'd suggest you to look at Black Widow and Black Panther by Arkady; but if that can't be possible, just leave Falcon as a secret character.
#304  July 27, 2020, 10:10:05 pm
    • UK
Just Heads up, Sean
Can you please change Sonic's Roger Craig Smith Voice Clip instead of Sonic's Jason Griffith Voice Clip?

MOD EDIT: USER HAS BEEN _BANNED FOR THIS POST.
Last Edit: July 27, 2020, 10:25:46 pm by Iced
#305  July 27, 2020, 11:46:30 pm
  • I'm behind you!!!
Those portraits look awesome. I'm sure Akuma's is gonna be fancy. Still have no idea about the UT bar though. I tried using a variable set to when the throw state is in action but it didn't work.
#306  July 28, 2020, 01:04:43 am
  • Fist of Nothingness
  • I'm not powerful.
    • Mexico
    • j_llamosa@hotmail.com
Just Heads up, Sean
Can you please change Sonic's Roger Craig Smith Voice Clip instead of Sonic's Jason Griffith Voice Clip?

MOD EDIT: USER HAS BEEN _BANNED FOR THIS POST.

&%$@! &%@$! $@&%! WHY?!?!
Last Edit: July 28, 2020, 01:25:57 am by AVPboy
#307  July 28, 2020, 01:13:32 am
  • Was it something I said?
Those templates look so nice, and honestly can't wait to see what you come up with, Sean!

Just watched Akuma's movelist, and I love how you use his SF4 English voice (I like it better than SF5's voice, that one sounds too calm for Akuma imho), and that fact you actually made the Kanji glow with the finishers.
#308  July 28, 2020, 01:21:25 am
  • Formerly known as HyperClawManiac
  • Competitive MUGEN when?
    • UK
    • sites.google.com/view/ragingrowen/home
&%$@! &%@$! $@&%! WHY?!

Hey, I've been letting this slide because this seems like more of a peer moderation thing and I trust Altly to put his foot down if really needed

But when people call you out for making requests where none are required and you take the wrong message and make an alt to continue doing it ChaosLumpy6, it now becomes larger board business

This is me banning your alt and giving you a warning to stay out of this thread or find your main account banned as well

This should explain it.
WIP Schedule:
The next Street Fighter All-Stars update
#309  July 28, 2020, 01:23:09 am
  • MUGEN MEMES
Kung Fu Man's portrait looks awesome
Emerie's MUGEN Content

Everyone have Greatness :)

Don't give up... just... take a break :(
#310  July 28, 2020, 01:26:09 am
  • BRAIIIIINS!!
  • "Khh- Ahahahaha!"
    • Chile
Fiona, KFM and Joe's portrait look great!! (Also, your artstyle is great dude!)
#311  July 28, 2020, 02:03:21 am
  • Just A Dude...
  • For me, it was Tuesday...
    • Canada
    • chaoticdarkness.deviantart.com/
I wasn't sure if it would have been good to suggest Falcon since I was afraid he wouldn't have enough sprites but I'm glad you'll be using him, some of the sprites looked decent and I think you'll make a more competent character out of him. The new character portraits look pretty decent!

Technically she's already in the character, but I know sometimes you've made some EX characters, wasn't sure if it would interest you but armin_iuf has made a version of Jill with RE3 style sprites and unique moves from her other versions.

DW

#312  July 28, 2020, 02:41:12 am
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
Aye Falcon! Those anims you got there Sean look boss. I definitely side with putting him in the game. Power Stone is one of those franchises that Capcom just swept under the rug for unknown reasons. I don't even think they have very many(if any), guest appearances in other Capcom/crossover games. I think Falcon was in Project X Zone...? As like some special assist char or something...? Though I'm probably talking out the side of my neck lol.

I remember someone had commissioned Li_kun to make Rogue, but I don't think it got very far. All this aside, please do include him. It'd very much help the Capcom's side diversty. SF is the easiest source to take from, especially with FGs. It's nice to see other chars from other franchises Capcom has to offer.
#313  July 28, 2020, 03:09:31 am
  • The Forsaken Warrior
  • Let us grieve existence, together.
    • Mexico
Those portraits look actually pretty nice! Looking foward to see Pure and Jotaro's artworks in the future.
#314  July 28, 2020, 06:19:53 am
  • Formerly JordanoDaMano (JDM)
    • Canada
I have an idea for the roster if Falcon is being added. Skullo is owned by Arika and they have long since distanced themselves from Capcom, now having Fighting EX Layer as its own separate thing from Street Fighter. Maybe Skullo can move to The World's side and Falcon can take his place, and since there'd still be an open spot on Capcom's side as result of this perhaps Joe can be part of the main roster again.
#315  July 28, 2020, 08:40:33 pm
  • Deliverater
    • USA
@DW

Thanks man, all of your guys' words of encouragement are helping me work on him more. I'm going through his gethits and editing some details now. Rouge from PS would have been cool, I wonder what happened with that commission.

@XANDERAC

Yeah I checked that verison out when I started working on the game again a couple months ago and I didn't dig it, I'm pretty happy with the Jill we have especially since I got her away from the monster summon stuff.

@ShiroTori

I covered the whole Skullo/Arika thing when I first started on the game. Everything you said is true, they've distanced themselves from Capcom and SF for quite some time, but I think I'm going to leave him as is. As far as where Falcon goes on the Roster, right now my plan is to put him in Ken's spot and move Ken to a secret/side spot beside Ryu (ala Cactuar and the SHADEs protags).

@Errybody

Here, have some more ports (***THE FRANK PORTRAIT WAS DRAWN A WHILE BACK AND DOESN'T NECESSARILY MEANS HE'S IN THE GAME***):

Download Last Bout now!
#316  July 28, 2020, 09:06:11 pm
  • Just A Dude...
  • For me, it was Tuesday...
    • Canada
    • chaoticdarkness.deviantart.com/
Oh not a problem, I just know sometimes you like to have a extra version of an existing character so I wasn't sure, glad you've already seen them at least. Again solid work on the new portraits. Something does seem a bit off about Jedah's eyes/face so maybe give that another look over, otherwise great job man!

quick edit:
While I wouldn't suggest using this I think it's the eyes mostly, since it makes him look like he's going cross-eyed looking at his forehead in your original. I would suggest redrawing his eyes a bit mostly, so that he can look more like he's looking towards his opponent rather than up. Shouldn't be a major fix or anything though
Last Edit: July 28, 2020, 11:51:15 pm by XANDERAC
#317  July 28, 2020, 10:28:14 pm
    • Mexico
Power Stone is one of those forbidden franchises for Capcom in terms of crossovers, where people really want to see them make a return but Capcom themselves are very much hesitant on putting them in. Any PS character would be amazing in any crossover, so I'm all for Falcon and it's cool to see that you're pretty enthusiastic about working on him, like when you were working on the first batch of CvTW characters. I really think that this is important for avoiding the burnout.

EDIT: privately apologized for bringing this to light. Moving on.

I think your art is mostly very solid, always has been unique in my opinion. Out of the new portraits I really think that Bison, Frank, Jedah, KFM, Shawn and Billy really standout. Jotaro's is great but his lips look kind of funny (I know it's a reference to Jojo's artstyle though), and Bloodtide's has some details around the face that make her seem older than she is (she's in her late 20's right?). Mostly her hairline. Do you have a helmet version of Billy's portrait? It would be cool for the lifebar version, as Billy is almost always wearing the helmet during gameplay.

Do you still plan on doing rivals like you were back then? Like Nash/Cap.
Last Edit: August 02, 2020, 04:52:25 pm by PBRTODD101
#318  July 29, 2020, 12:05:53 am
Love your artstyle to this day.  :thumbsup:

DW

#319  July 29, 2020, 02:34:57 am
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
#320  July 29, 2020, 03:18:59 am
  • Deliverater
    • USA

@ Cazaki

Thanks man, your opinion has always been valuable to me and I really appreciate it!

@PBRTODD101

What DW said! How old is that video? Do they need someone to help complete the sprites, because I would be willing to do that if I could use them for the game, those look great!

I forgot to respond to this earlier but as far as Bloodtide's portrait goes, a while ago I was messing around with the idea that SHADEs 4 would be like Street Fighter 3 or Garou: Mark of the Wolves, in that it takes place after a time jump with only a few characters returning, and this redesign for her would be for that game where she would be around 35 or 40, which is why I drew that portrait the way I did with crow's feet near her eyes and stuff like that. I will probably never actually make SHADEs 4, but that was the idea I had.

Watching that video reminded me though, how does everyone feel about the moveset NG's Falcon has? I've watched some gameplay videos of Power Stone and as far as I can tell, Falcon has a few series of normal attacks but no unique specials or anything outside of his Power Dirves and Power Fusions (the transfored moves). All of those attacks are represented in NG's version, but it looks like he had to sort of make up some special moves for him, which makes sense since Capcom kind of had to do that with Jin Saotome.

The specials he made are as follows along with how I feel about them (the version I downloaded had no ReadMe so I don't know the actual names of these moves):

-Spinning DP - DP+P - I actually really like this and it makes sense since one of the Power Drives he does is a huge flaming tornado version, so having this one as a Special Move seems right to me.

-Cannon Drill but it's a Punch - QCF+P - This move seems to exist as a repurpose of his spinning DP sprites. I don't hate it and as of right now, my version has this move but rather than act like a Cannon Drill it's more like a Psycho Crusher that doesn't pass through the opponent.

EDIT: I was just watching more videos and he actually does this move in the game and NG's version was pretty accurate, as he's very low to the ground

-Wall Repel Attack - Forgot the command - This I guess has basis on the game since the characters can bounce off of walls and what not. Before I had done my proper research, I remade this move once again using the Spinning DP sprites, but I rotated them to different angles and made the move function sort of like Adon's Jaguar Tooth, except the angle is determined as he's repelling from the wall, as in if you're holding down it's a steeper 45 degree angle, if you hold forward it goes straight, and if you press nothing it's like a 65 degree angle.

-Spinning Kick Bullshit - QCB+K - This looked super bad and I ditched it altogether but my luck I will find out this is in Power Stone somewhere and is really important or something.

Might be missing something, but that's the ones I know of. Watching gameplay, there's lots of picking up objects and tossing them, as well as picking up weapons like guns and bazookas and bombs and stuff. Should I include some of that stuff? Maybe a special where he throws a large object, it could randomize between like a big box, a barrel and a table or something? The projectile itself would be fast and would travel in a slightly downward trajectory, but maybe it'd have more startup than your average projectile special. Just spitballing here. Honestly the three specials I kept and coded cover a lot of bases, a pure offense-type attack (Cannon Drill Punch), a DP, and a multi-use/utility attack (Jaguar Tooth type move), but they're a little boring and again, not sure how terribly accurate they are.

I am very open to ideas here!

EDIT: Watching more videos, just saw him do an Izuna Drop type move, gonna give him that too

Download Last Bout now!
Last Edit: July 29, 2020, 09:45:26 am by Sean Altly