YesNoOk

Show us cool stuff you just bought! (Read 1266011 times)

Started by Vans, November 21, 2011, 06:01:10 am
Share this topic:
Re: Show us cool stuff you just bought!
#2161  July 30, 2015, 01:54:54 pm
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
I just paid for my own design of custom low harness boots to a local bootmaker in that antiqued tan/ camel color, fuuu I'm so happy  :laugh2: 
Wow, that's just so cool. :D
Out of curiosity, how much will it cost you (from the design to the end product) to get your shoes ? High-end shoes in European countries (or Japan) are just completely out of price, even though you're paying for a "savoir-faire" and local artisans' hard work, which is almost art at this point.

I'm slowly completing my gentleman's wardrobe with various clothes :

Better images on the official websites, since phone photos are shit lol :
http://www.crockettandjones.com/fr-fr/product/lowndes-darkbrown
http://www.pairetfils.com/produit/homme-presse/
http://ly-adams.lexception.com/fr/homme/pret-a-porter/pantalon-jean/11533816718-06BC-Pantalon-Thomas-Bleu-canard

Please do take a picture of all your alcoholic beverage collection. ;P
@Bea: Here you go. :P

In order, from back to front, left to right :
- Various bottles of arranged rum (mixes of plants, banana, mango, vanilla, ginger, etc.) - Martini
- Kahlua - Mandarine Napoleon (delicious liquor with a taste of mandarine) - Macvin du Jura (mix of wine and liquor, from the French region called Jura, very sweet and delicious as apéritif) - Marsala (almond-flavoured wine) - Liqueur d'Arbouse (spirits made with Arbutus Unedo)
- Blue Lagoon made from Absolut Vodka - arranged rum - Ron Zacapa (a delicious 23yo rum my father brought me back from Guatemala) - Baileys (coffee cream liquor)
- Limoncello (italian lemon liquor) - Absynth - Cointreau (orange-flavoured liquor) - Pineau des Charentes (sweet wine for apéritif)

All this is without all my bottles of french red wine that are in the cave, as well as a few champagnes, and the various beers I have from all over Europe (several friends offered me subscriptions whereby I receive each month 6 to 12 bottles of artisanal high quality beers, with often very interesting tastes (yummy 23° beer made in whisky barrels :heart:)).

I'll ask my father to bring me back some good sake from Japan when he goes there next year (I don't like whisky, so...). He didn't bring me back any cachaça when he came back from Brasil, I'm very sad ! >:(

Bea

#2162  July 30, 2015, 02:09:34 pm
  • MUGEN Grandma
    • Brazil
    • www.smeenet.org
That is some impressive collection of good alcoholic drinks. :O

Also, if you need a cachaça, I can arrange to send a bottle of the good stuff later this year.
But for that I would need your address, and terrible, terrible things happen to people whose addresses I have in my possession.
Princess Adora: "My friend saw She-Ra take her dress off in the shower. She said she has an 8 pack. She said She-Ra is shredded."

SF2NES is dead. Long live SF2NES.
#2163  July 30, 2015, 03:34:13 pm
    • Netherlands
    • network.mugenguild.com/balthazar/index.html
#2164  July 30, 2015, 03:45:57 pm
  • all is love in fair and war
thanks Cy, our currency against $ is probably at the lowest in the last decade, so with a local shoemaker I got a great bargain for a handmade custom boots, lambskin lined, hand painted and all that, probably also help since everywhere in our country except for Bali is not using US$ for pricing, and the majority of the clientele are locals.

the designing part actually cost me a day without drawing anything for commissioned projects I should be doing :D but it's not fair to add it to the cost.

but dude, you surely have a grown ass man warddrobe :) and highly combustible beverages

guess I'm stuck in a limbo to be forever wearing jeans, boots, and tees, since I work in very informal environment like my own house  ._. 
#2165  July 30, 2015, 05:52:48 pm
    • France
@Cybaster:
I think you have a problem :gonk:
Are you talking about clothes or about booze LOL ? ;P
If you're talking about booze, having a lot of them at home doesn't mean I drink a bottle every 2 days. I'm just a good host who has most of what any guest may want. :P

thanks Cy, our currency against $ is probably at the lowest in the last decade, so with a local shoemaker I got a great bargain for a handmade custom boots, lambskin lined, hand painted and all that, probably also help since everywhere in our country except for Bali is not using US$ for pricing, and the majority of the clientele are locals.

the designing part actually cost me a day without drawing anything for commissioned projects I should be doing :D but it's not fair to add it to the cost.

but dude, you surely have a grown ass man warddrobe :) and highly combustible beverages

guess I'm stuck in a limbo to be forever wearing jeans, boots, and tees, since I work in very informal environment like my own house  ._. 
Thanks for the answer kakkoii. :)
And working in a very informal environment doesn't mean you can't dress classy when you go out to meet friends. You obviously don't need to go as far as Italians in a quest for elegance or nice clothes, but here are types of informal clothes you can get ideas from (even if Pitti Uomo is a place where it's often "too much") :
http://www.bonnegueule.fr/pitti-uomo-88-ete-2015-lelegance-italienne-en-ete-12/

Also, if you need a cachaça, I can arrange to send a bottle of the good stuff later this year.
But for that I would need your address, and terrible, terrible things happen to people whose addresses I have in my possession.
Haha, thanks. Well, can you give me the name of a few brands or types you consider really good ? I'll see if I can find one of them at a reasonable price at my local Portuguese/Brazilian store (which even sells guarana !!! ^_^)

Bea

#2166  July 30, 2015, 06:14:57 pm
  • MUGEN Grandma
    • Brazil
    • www.smeenet.org
Haha, thanks. Well, can you give me the name of a few brands or types you consider really good ? I'll see if I can find one of them at a reasonable price at my local Portuguese/Brazilian store (which even sells guarana !!! ^_^)

You can't go wrong with Ypióca Ouro (http://www.ypioca.com.br/landing/ypioca.php?lang=us), or other cachaças of the Ypióca brand.
Seleta is also really good. Vale verde is one of the best you can get. Havana is also great.
Velho Barreiro is a decent one, not one of the best. You can make do with it if you can't find any of those I mentioned before.
Princess Adora: "My friend saw She-Ra take her dress off in the shower. She said she has an 8 pack. She said She-Ra is shredded."

#2167  July 30, 2015, 06:37:43 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
And working in a very informal environment doesn't mean you can't dress classy when you go out to meet friends. You obviously don't need to go as far as Italians in a quest for elegance or nice clothes, but here are types of informal clothes you can get ideas from (even if Pitti Uomo is a place where it's often "too much") :
http://www.bonnegueule.fr/pitti-uomo-88-ete-2015-lelegance-italienne-en-ete-12/

I also mostly work on an informal environment, but I prefer to wear good quality sports clothing instead of the jeans/tshirt combination.
#2168  July 31, 2015, 02:22:35 am
  • all is love in fair and war
... well Cy I understand the style choice of people with retro hair, colorful linen blazer, sockless moccasin under a shortish white trouser pants, carry around men-purse or handbag, but I'm not in those elements, different built & race, different environment, different community, I can't pull that off without being seen or feel as a poser.
when going out I just slap on a jacket on top of those, been trying to find a balance between decent and comfort, so I can wear the same clothes all day while at home or going out in casual setting.

I also understand [E]'s style of choice in his line of work.. :yes:
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

#2169  July 31, 2015, 08:59:50 am
    • France
Thanks for the answer Bea. I'll look into those. :)

Yeah, I get what you mean kakkoii. Well, my style would rather be casual chic rather than really sartorial as the italians shown in the article.
Kind of stuff like this : http://shop.bonnegueule.fr/img/cms/Photo-vignette_eshop_370X537.jpg
Time for you to go steal some stuff at Balmain, which looks more like your style of clothes. :P
#2170  July 31, 2015, 04:47:46 pm
  • Does this look like the face of mercy?
man, you guys made me feel ashamed of posting pics of my nerd toys... but i'll do it anyway
#2171  July 31, 2015, 07:28:40 pm
    • Netherlands
    • network.mugenguild.com/balthazar/index.html
#2172  August 01, 2015, 12:46:39 am
    • France

Bea

#2173  August 01, 2015, 01:52:20 am
  • MUGEN Grandma
    • Brazil
    • www.smeenet.org
Let the record state that By Odin! This 89.9% ABV absinthe burns your soul on the way down! But it tastes sooooo good!
30 USD well spent.

#2174  August 01, 2015, 02:55:44 am
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
Spoiler: Make new friends, but keep the old... (click to see content)
#2175  August 01, 2015, 03:18:47 am
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
    • http://jesuszilla.trinitymugen.net/
Holy shit, Jango, NICE!

Please do take a picture of all your alcoholic beverage collection. ;P

You asked, and like X, I will deliver:
Last Edit: August 01, 2015, 06:03:12 am by Jesuszilla
#2176  August 01, 2015, 06:38:33 am
  • Does this look like the face of mercy?
:sugoi: My man! In-box TMNT action figures on the wall is the way to go!
thank you. i actually got the idea from you after you poster your collection. at first i had not opened the turtles becasue i had no place to put them but after i saw your collection i decided i wanted to have them the same way. :)
#2177  August 01, 2015, 11:49:24 am
    • France
#2178  August 01, 2015, 11:51:35 am
  • Resident Tosspot
  • Pftheh
    • UK
    • plasmoidthunder.neocities.org
Alright, since I don't have it in my posession yet and it's still shipping, just have a pic of what's being sent.

I missed this comment. Good stuff.

On a related note, I pre-ordered R.O.B. and Mr. Game & Watch the other day. I think some of the staff at GAME know who I am :P

Oh, I want a diagram. I fucking love diagrams.
#2179  August 02, 2015, 04:41:35 am
  • Double-Crosser
  • I'm not standing out. This isn't weird at all.
    • USA
PREVIOUSLY, ON CRAP

COMING SOON: My main in Smash Bros in physical form.
You're supposed to show what you've got, not hint at what you're getting soon, you twonk >:(
A stolen treasure map?!
I'm pregnant. And it's yours.
Shut the fuck up, bitch.
John Wayne was a fag. I installed two-way mirrors in his pad in Brentwood, and he come to the door in a dress.

And now... The Conclusion

#2180  August 02, 2015, 04:48:10 am
  • I am hilarious
  • and you will quote everything I say
    • USA
I take it a Japanese ROB doesn't work with an American NES?

Probably a stupid question but...