YesNoOk

Ask Barker (Read 1413860 times)

Started by walt, March 13, 2013, 05:40:48 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Ask XCB
#4961  June 01, 2015, 05:43:33 pm
  • Your sweet baby brother
  • Young, dumb, and full of...you know ;)
    • USA
    • dcastaneda2011@yahoo.com
Why is everyone bitching their brains out about FE: If's face-touching thing when there are other games that have done far creepier shit with touchscreens (but with underage girls and not just the face)?

What do you think a sitcom in which Shadow, DmC Dante, and Hatred Guy share an apartment would be like?

Your thoughts on the Konami debacle?
#4962  June 02, 2015, 05:36:04 am
  • Hey four stars, whatever that means
    • Canada
    • amidweiz.neocities.org
here are some simple questions for ya

• what was the worst mugen character you have downloaded
  • what was the best mugen character you have downloaded
  • and has the mugen community changed or is it still similar to the past
#4963  June 02, 2015, 10:47:26 am
@XCB: don't forget you have two other days here. :)
#4964  June 02, 2015, 04:39:09 pm
  • Build it, shape it, by my will.
That's like the first time someone reminded anyone of their turn in this thread.
Last Edit: June 02, 2015, 04:42:56 pm by Kirishima
#4965  June 02, 2015, 04:45:15 pm
Is it a bad thing?
#4966  June 02, 2015, 04:54:06 pm
  • Build it, shape it, by my will.
No, but I find it unusual that you made that note instead of waiting for his response like everyone else did with, well, everyone else. Usually it's on the last day where they got notified.

Just saying.  May as well do the same for the next few people if they don't respond until the last day.
#4967  June 02, 2015, 04:57:19 pm
  • Does this look like the face of mercy?
i think people like XCB who rarely post should be given a little mroe time considering how they will receive lots of questions but will only reply every once in a while
#4968  June 02, 2015, 05:06:49 pm
  • Hedgehog Whisperer
  • Red Bull addict
    • Spain
    • xgargoyle.mgbr.net
The amount of questions to XCB has been overwhelming. No respect to Mugen Legends...
XGargoyle: Battle posing since 1979
http://xgargoyle.mgbr.net
http://www.pandorabots.com/pandora/talk?botid=e71c0d43fe35093a  <-- Please click that link
http://paypal.me/XGargoyle  <-- Donations welcome!
#4969  June 02, 2015, 05:34:01 pm
most of the new kids don't even know who the heck XCB is anyway
#4970  June 02, 2015, 05:39:12 pm
  • Madman
  • Honorary Asshole
just say, the LEGENDARY BIG ELI KING!

-Now that dampir is updating, CS-ing and polishing blair's sprites, do you have any plans for her?
-Which RTS strat games you love?
-Favorite tabletop games?
-Do you consider yourself a rancorous Allan Moore, a Crazy Frank Miller or a Happy Walt Simonson?
#4971  June 02, 2015, 06:03:21 pm
  • I am hilarious
  • and you will quote everything I say
    • USA
Only one:
- Where is my public release of Infinite? :wacky:
#4972  June 02, 2015, 07:15:32 pm
The amount of questions to XCB has been overwhelming. No respect to Mugen Legends...
how does that work

wouldn't it be more disrespectful if he got zero questions because everybody forgot big eli
#4973  June 02, 2015, 07:26:47 pm
  • SNK is life
@XCB: What are the biggest challenges a creator faces when making Marvel Style characters, and why do you think it's a style so hard to get right?
#4974  June 02, 2015, 08:10:01 pm
  • Hedgehog Whisperer
  • Red Bull addict
    • Spain
    • xgargoyle.mgbr.net
how does that work

wouldn't it be more disrespectful if he got zero questions because everybody forgot big eli

The first statement was sarcastic, due to the few questions asked so far, and specifically targeted at Bastard Wolf as he was anticipating "the lots of questions that XCB will receive". The second statement is the consequence of such lack of questions, no respect to a mugen legend as everybody seems to have forgotten him. 
XGargoyle: Battle posing since 1979
http://xgargoyle.mgbr.net
http://www.pandorabots.com/pandora/talk?botid=e71c0d43fe35093a  <-- Please click that link
http://paypal.me/XGargoyle  <-- Donations welcome!
#4975  June 02, 2015, 08:40:21 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Seems like the thread's been losing steam for a while now actually. Might be partially to blame.
#4976  June 02, 2015, 08:40:51 pm
  • Angry Molesting Tree
  • Auf gehts ab gehts 3 Tage wach
    • Germany
    • cenobite53.mugengermany.com/
The second statement is the consequence of such lack of questions, no respect to a mugen legend as everybody seems to have forgotten him.
Many might just not who he is if they are not in the mugen community so long. Even if they know chars of Big King Eli, how should everyone of the newer users even know that this is connected to the name XCB?
look at my sprite rips  HERE
look at my TMNT Project HERE
My Contribution to mugen: Stages: 897 | Chars: 8 | Fullgames: 1 | Spritesheets: 85
#4977  June 02, 2015, 09:19:33 pm
The first statement was sarcastic, due to the few questions asked so far
it was hard to believe that statement was sarcastic because by current "ask a user" standards he's getting a lot of questions
#4978  June 02, 2015, 09:22:40 pm
  • Somewhere between Guilty Gear and real rap
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
-Namesake?
-List of video games that you would call a "beautiful work of art"?
-Why u no update you deviantART? :P
-Most beloved comic book/manga protagonists and antagonists (feel free to choose whichever one)?
-What are your feelings about the direction modern fighting games are taking?
-Obscure video games you'd recommend this time-traveler to play (as long as they're not as creepy as fuck or awkward it's fine) :)
This is a generic forum signature.
#4979  June 03, 2015, 06:19:49 am
ok, i got one:

- looking back how do you feel about the whole "don't share my work" attitude from back on the mugen dark ages?

XCB

#4980  June 04, 2015, 07:59:51 am
  • Proudly retired
    • USA
    • piiym.net
When will you update your Venom? It's one of the best Venoms out there, but you said you were going to update him.
Wait... you lost Venom on that hard drive crash, right? :(
-Well I managed to salvage the redone SFF, but not much else. Depends on whether I have the motivation to recode everything again.

- What's worse in Castlevania 3, the infamous Stair Room in Stage 9 or the Water Stream room in Stage 9?
- Qualities you look for to determine how solid a platformer is?
- Hardest game you've ever conquered?
-The stair room wasn't even that bad. The water room (mainly those damn birds) made me want to choke a bitch.
-How well it controls and how well it's designed. I'd rather play a game that's difficult due to strategic placement than a game that's difficult from poor design choices.
-That's a bit of a tough one, I've played a LOT of games back in the day. Beaten quite a few as well, like TMNT1, Battletoads (no warps), JP SMB2 (no warps.... NEVER AGAIN), Ninja Gaiden 1-3, Castlevania 1 and 3 (the hell with 2). The hardest one? I'll edit an answer later. (Just wanted to get these questions answered, so everyone doesn't think I'm ignoring them.)

-Your thoughts on the next shows: Doctor Who, Space Dandy, 2010s anime, The Flash, JoJo's Bizarre Adventure and Constantine
-If you know/follow/like Doctor Who, which is your favourite Doctor and why??
-In the past you made a hit reviving a very obscure game like Kakuge Yaro with your Tetsu and making him and all its crew viral. If you get back of retirement and get the possibility of make it again, which other obscure game would you choose and which char would be the first to make??
-Is Mad Max Fury Road the best movie of all times?? Or maybe it's Kung Fury??
-Have you think to make a website of your own to host your creations?? Not necessary to make something new, more like a downloadable museum like POTS' site or something, a place where people can DL your creations and stuff
-Which character(s) would you want to get back in a new game/update of Guilty Gear Xrd??
-I haven't really seen the new Flash and Constantine. Doctor Who is pretty awesome, and Space Dandy was entertaining. I actually broke my Jojo hymen with the anime, kind of makes me wish I'd gotten into it sooner. As far as 2010s animes go, the most notable one for me was No Game, No Life. Also, really glad Assassination Classroom finally got an anime.
-David Tennant was the doctor when I started watching, so he kind of holds a special place for me. However, Matt Smith was a pretty damn good doctor as well.
-I had thought about making the characters from Kyukyoku Sentai Dadandarn/Monster Maulers before my old harddrive went under. Either that or some Type Wild characters to celebrate my new Pokemon addiction. :P
-Haven't seen Mad Max yet, but Kung Fury is the most beautiful thing I've seen in years.
-RandomSelect is fine for that. I pay for the webspace anyway and I can access it anytime I want, so there's really no point in having a separate site.
-Either Baiken, Testament, or Jam would be nice, but all seem highly unlikely. I've pretty much made my peace with Ramlethal at this point.

Why is everyone bitching their brains out about FE: If's face-touching thing when there are other games that have done far creepier shit with touchscreens (but with underage girls and not just the face)?

What do you think a sitcom in which Shadow, DmC Dante, and Hatred Guy share an apartment would be like?

Your thoughts on the Konami debacle?
-Bitches gotta bitch? It's pretty much the in-thing to complain about things on the internet these days. I'm all for free speech, but most people these days just are just disagreeable for the "notice meeeee!" factor. Personally, I'll save my thoughts until the game actually comes out.

-I'd be afraid from all the cut marks I'd get from watching an episode.

-I don't wish failure on anybody or anything, but they really need to carefully consider their next move, for their own sake.

here are some simple questions for ya

• what was the worst mugen character you have downloaded
  • what was the best mugen character you have downloaded
  • and has the mugen community changed or is it still similar to the past

-I'm pretty particular about what I download, so I haven't really downloaded anything supremely godawful. Even then, it'd be kind of rude to single one out.
-Until the day I die, Amber Lamps will forever be the greatest character I have ever laid eves upon.
-It's changed and remained the same at the same time. It's a lot like how the world has advanced, yet we keep making the same primitive mistakes.

-Now that dampir is updating, CS-ing and polishing blair's sprites, do you have any plans for her?
-Which RTS strat games you love?
-Favorite tabletop games?
-Do you consider yourself a rancorous Allan Moore, a Crazy Frank Miller or a Happy Walt Simonson?

-News to me. It's a possibility, but for now I'll probably let the youngsters handle it. :)
-I've never been much of an RTS fan. Played a bit of Starcraft back in the day, but that's pretty much behind me now.
-Chess, Spades, Bid Whist. That's pretty much as "tabletop" as I get. :P
-Walt Simonson, definitely.

- Where is my public release of Infinite? :wacky:
-Are you a little old to be believing in fairy tales, bro?  :wink3:

@XCB: What are the biggest challenges a creator faces when making Marvel Style characters, and why do you think it's a style so hard to get right?
-It's really a style I've come to dislike, to be honest. There are a lot of intricacies to consider, and you literally have to abuse custom states in order to make many things work right. It takes quite a bit of dedication to do properly.

-Namesake?
-List of video games that you would call a "beautiful work of art"?
-Why u no update you deviantART? :P
-Most beloved comic book/manga protagonists and antagonists (feel free to choose whichever one)?
-What are your feelings about the direction modern fighting games are taking?
-Obscure video games you'd recommend this time-traveler to play (as long as they're not as creepy as fuck or awkward it's fine) :)

-XCalibreBlade - a play on "Excalibur", King Arthur's legendary sword. I shortened it to just XCB after being confused with XCalibur BladeZ, a famous DoA player. (I play DoA, but I suck.)
-I love Vanillaware games. Odin Sphere, Muramasa, Dragon's Crown. They're like sex for the eyes and enjoyable games as well.
-Oh my. I do have one of those, don't I?
-I was a big Witchblade fan back in the day. (The anime was meh, just my two cents there.)
-The fact that they're becoming more "user-friendly" is nice, but I do feel they could do better with how they handle patching and DLC.
-Threads of Fate/Dewprism is an old favorite I usually recommend to people. It's a little gem by Square that I feel should have gotten more attention. And a sequel.  :( If you want to go back even further, Kid Dracula for the Famicom/Game Boy.

- looking back how do you feel about the whole "don't share my work" attitude from back on the mugen dark ages?
-Once you upload it to the internet, you've pretty much lost any and all rights/control/possession, so there's that. Moral of the story: Don't want anyone to have it? Keep it on your hard drive.