YesNoOk

Darkstalkers ( Darkstalkers 4, maybe?!) (Read 138915 times)

Started by Iced, August 11, 2010, 03:37:36 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Darkstalkers ( Darkstalkers 4, maybe?!)
#541  September 27, 2011, 09:22:58 am
  • A frame here, a pixel there.
So back when I was reading up about Vampire Hunter's location test, I came across a post on a Japanese message board stating that Donovan's Kill Shred move used to have his sword rotating vertically rather than horizontally, giving it a much bigger hitbox. When I was looking through his animation data for the location test version Blizzard Sword I've mentioned earlier, I did come across an animation of Dhylec spinning vertically but didn't bother to look into it any further. Well, now I loaded up the hitbox viewer script and input that animation value into the RAM and here's what came out:

The hitbox covers the tip of the sword as it spins, creating a very wide area of attack.

By comparison, this is the version in the finished game. This version's hitbox stays consistent throughout flight.
#542  October 04, 2011, 05:32:54 pm

Some weird unused effects in the first game. They don't seem to have any animation data. I suppose the second one might have been for projectiles that were pushing against each other?
#543  October 04, 2011, 05:39:15 pm
  • SNK is life
everything you keep finding seems all related to the boss characters ... all fire effects and everything.

Many don't seem that useful, like they're character specific to Pyron, and too cartoonish to fit anywhere else.

I guess they realized there couldn't be much more else done with those, so I can't blame them for leaving those out
#544  October 04, 2011, 07:59:34 pm
    • Argentina
those could be for ex projectiles and the third one for normal ones
#545  October 04, 2011, 08:37:44 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。

Some weird unused effects in the first game. They don't seem to have any animation data. I suppose the second one might have been for projectiles that were pushing against each other?
not showing for me.
#546  October 04, 2011, 09:10:15 pm
  • 90's Kawaii
  • :thinking:
    • Guatemala

#547  October 05, 2011, 12:33:44 am
    • USA
After so many years and people still find hidden stuff on this game. Makes me wonder if SFII or the KOF games have some hidden stuff aswell :).
#548  October 05, 2011, 12:41:29 am
  • i'm a gay trans lady
  • to hell with this site, find me at mffa or w/e
    • USA
    • Skype - MelvanaInChains
    • www.melv.thedailypos.org/
well thanks for the effects, i sorta picked up a weird tendency of when you throw out some of these unused ones i eventually use them
#549  October 05, 2011, 12:51:26 am
I figured people might be interested in using them for Mugen, glad to hear you're putting them to use.

As for hidden things in other games, SF2 has a few things. A few unused animation frames for Akuma (giving him a roundhouse kick like Ken's HCF kick special). Some frames for Ryu's Hadoukens that never actually get used in-game due to the animation changing before it can finish. An alternate name for Cammy ("Sarah").
#550  October 05, 2011, 03:18:57 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
have you found teh censored cammy sprites yet ?
#551  October 05, 2011, 03:37:18 am
  • ゴゴゴゴゴ
#552  October 05, 2011, 06:05:44 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
no, other wise I would be be searching for it.

it's kind of like when they censor underwear by not having it show, it gives me a completely different idea that is of the character not wearing any underwear at all.
#553  October 05, 2011, 09:35:23 pm
  • Take better care of the plants around u or become
  • the fertilizer that feeds them.The choice is yours
    • Chile
    • network.mugenguild.com/basara/
I've a doubt, people. Which Bishamon is the best, the old one (DS1, Night Warriors) or the new one (Vampire Savior 1-2)??

Rest in peace, Toriyama-san...
Normal WIPS - ClayFighter - Ideas - Anti-Gouki Project - Lifebars - Facebook - X
#554  October 05, 2011, 09:55:19 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
They are extremely different, one has a fireball system, the other has dashing slashes.
#555  October 05, 2011, 10:00:55 pm
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
    • http://jesuszilla.trinitymugen.net/
NW Bishamon had something in him that was broken; was a super but I can't remember which.

VS is about the only Bishamon I am able to play though.
#556  October 05, 2011, 10:03:29 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
The helmetless shadow teleport slice?
#557  October 09, 2011, 04:07:25 am
  • You Can't Handle The Truth!
    • www.youtube.com/user/DevilRaptorB
Was Darkstalkers a good enough seller to warrant sequel?
Because if there is a sequel, then it should have been out by now.

well, I guess it was hard for them to market it with characetrs such as Felicia and Morrigan among the cast, I mean just think about the reaction of perents that would see their children playing with these characters
#558  October 09, 2011, 04:31:41 am
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
there was a huge blackout on fighting games for a ton of years that just ended with sf4, i dont think that marketability had anything to do with it.( specially considering they kept selling darkstalkers merchandise for ages)
#559  October 09, 2011, 05:11:21 am
    • Puerto Rico
    • www.youtube.com/user/Darkflares
well, I guess it was hard for them to market it with characetrs such as Felicia and Morrigan among the cast, I mean just think about the reaction of perents that would see their children playing with these characters

Marvel vs Capcom 2/3 would like a word with you.

As well as several other crossover games.
#560  October 09, 2011, 05:12:08 am
the only reaction those characters would get from parents are "those characters are fucking cool can i play this game son"