YesNoOk

.hack Fighting Game Unveiled (Read 24966 times)

Started by SlySuavity, March 21, 2012, 09:25:06 pm
Share this topic:
Re: .hack Fighting Game Unveiled
#21  March 22, 2012, 04:40:34 am
  • Double-Crosser
  • I'm not standing out. This isn't weird at all.
    • USA
@snt: Well that's what I get for not playing after Quarantine.
#22  March 22, 2012, 05:20:31 am
  • EL FUCKO GRANDE
  • I'm back, nerds
    • Canada
#23  March 22, 2012, 05:48:08 am
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
    • http://jesuszilla.trinitymugen.net/
ZA WARUDO TASUKETE
#24  March 22, 2012, 06:27:07 am
    • Puerto Rico
    • www.youtube.com/user/Darkflares

Now that I look at this again, the life and power bars remind me of a futuristic version of SF4's life and power bars.
#25  March 22, 2012, 11:33:03 am
    • Philippines
    • https://web.archive.org/web/20181226221429/http://moogen.piiym.net/
Just need Ovan and I'm game.
#26  March 22, 2012, 02:52:52 pm
  • Sublimity.
    • Canada
I wouldn't mind Silver Knight, as far-fetched as that'd be.
#27  March 22, 2012, 03:02:49 pm
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
#28  March 23, 2012, 05:56:46 am
  • Double-Crosser
    • USA
#29  March 23, 2012, 04:07:39 pm
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
#30  March 23, 2012, 08:48:33 pm
  • Double-Crosser
    • USA
#31  March 23, 2012, 09:00:54 pm
  • Professional Procrastinator
  • Roman Numerals and Decimals should never mix.
    • USA
If after 15 years have passed and he still hasn't passed high school then yes.
#32  March 23, 2012, 11:41:04 pm
  • Double-Crosser
    • USA
But dude, GED.

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#33  March 24, 2012, 04:52:25 pm
    • USA
New Screenshots.

#34  March 27, 2012, 03:16:01 am
    • www.twi-brigade.com
Good day, ladies and gents.

I've followed your thread regarding this matter and am highly interested in informing you about what's known/speculated so far (most of this info was gathered by my good friend Scygoku):

1 - The confirmed characters so far are: Sora (//End of The World movie, //LINK), Gondo (Orca lookalike from //End of The World), Balder (Balmung lookalike from //End of The World), Haseo 1st form (//GU Vol 1 - Rebirth, //GU Vol 2 - Reminisce), Haseo Xth Form (//GU Vol 3 - Redemption)

2 - The rumored 'boss' character/antagonist MAY be
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
. The final battle in that particular game may hint at this. Most .hack works contained interesting, small hints regarding their successors and sequels (for example, //GU+ manga contained a small hint at the very last page regarding the next game, way back in 2009)

3 - The above point also supports the idea //VERSUS was in the works for a long time, and is not exactly a 'rushed' product (I do admit marketing seems to be rushed for it, since they're announcing this in 3 months)

4 - Another hint that this won't necessarily be another Tekken Hybrid (with too few characters) is the inclusion of an antagonist/boss character (you don't put that in something that's supposed to be a demo), so we're expecting character reveals very soon.

5 - PLAY-ASIA.com reports this product as being single player only, though that would be very disappointing if it was actually true. They'd be out of their mind if they made a fighting game based on game that's based an MMO for crying out loud. But this is what's revealed so far, it could be a mistake on their behalf.

6 - Regarding gameplay: throughout the screenshots revealed so far, only Haseo and Sora appeared as names over the health bars. This may mean one of three things: 1 - Sora's friends are support characters that may or may not be NPCs, and from this we can assume that several other support characters may join the playable characters, ala KoF 2000 (eg.: Atoli and Alkaid with Haseo, etc), or 2 - in-game names database just hasn't been updated yet, or 3 - this is a team-based game, again ala KoF, and only the current player's name is kept until another player enters.

7 - There are certain icons appearing next to the 'super' gauges at the bottom. From what's written, they appear to hint at EX moves, speed and power buffs/upgrades, but this is not confirmed yet.

8 - Limit break (aka super moves or DMs) 100% exist. This is supported by the existence of a relevant gauge, along with the appearance of Skeith (the gauge may empty when this happens) when Haseo unleashes his limit break. Another fact that supports this is the varying camera angles during said move.

9 - The youtube ad for this game was been up since the beginning of March - it may have simply remained invisible due to its privacy settings. [/useless]

10 - Bandai Namco Japan needs more support from the West - particularly from fans in the US - in order to consider localizing other titles (this game is largely hinting at PS3, which isn't region locked, but several other .hack merchandise never made it outside Japan). Several petitions and campaigns (most at dothackers.net) are open or people to offer their support. //LINK was fan translated, the entire game is on youtube for viewing.

11 - This is purely my opinion, and you're welcome to argue against it, but going by the graphics, Capcom is about to have its rearhole thoroughly torn and fissured in the weeks to come, when more reveals are released.

Oh and hi. Kudos to Girard for the new screenshots. They're really good.
Last Edit: March 27, 2012, 03:22:00 am by Quicksolver
#35  March 27, 2012, 03:58:06 am
  • 90's Kawaii
  • :thinking:
    • Guatemala
11 - This is purely my opinion, and you're welcome to argue against it, but going by the graphics, Capcom is about to have its rearhole thoroughly torn and fissured in the weeks to come, when more reveals are released.

There's at least one fighting game out there (and more development) with better graphics than any of Capcom's current fighters, and guess what, they still hold most of the genre's sales.
#36  March 27, 2012, 04:10:34 am
    • www.twi-brigade.com
What.... just happened to my huge post?? Along with the rest of my account?
#37  March 27, 2012, 04:14:53 am
    • USA
The site picked you up as a bot so it probably got deleted i'm sure the mods can fix it.
#38  March 27, 2012, 04:16:09 am
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
yeah I think that was it, let me fix it.
#39  March 27, 2012, 04:19:07 am
    • www.twi-brigade.com
Thank you. ;_; My stupid IP has been doing this to me lately... oh well.

If there's a way for me to revert to my old account, that would be swell. Thanks.
#40  March 27, 2012, 04:20:47 am
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
All posts were restored, you only had a couple so nothing was lost. The "old" account is gone but there is nothing different on your new one.

Avoid stuff like text links in your sig, those tend to be picked up as spam.