Re: Street Fighter V
#6741  February 25, 2016, 04:44:49 pm
#6742  February 25, 2016, 04:47:26 pm
  • Super Mario Fighters 3 resurrected.
    • USA
    • doraemariby@yahoo.com
Wow, all of those similar articles...

From what I've seen, this game looks much easier to combo in than 4, but I only saw a TIHYDP of it, so... That's all I really wanted.
#6743  February 25, 2016, 05:13:53 pm
The Jesse Ventura wannbe from that article said:
...and all the previous SFV scandals...
what fucking scandals?
im really sick of these hippie so called vigilant gamers with conspiracy theories and cries of censorship, you gamergate rejects need to tone it down a little bit.
oh and as usuall GBK is trying to justify returning his copy by posting negative things about the game. i bet you didn't even watch that angry joe video you posted earlier, where he actually praised the game. you just saw "angry rant" in the title and rushed to post it here.
the game in incomplete, we know that. but you have to realize that this is a fighting games forum, it's not a forum for casual gamers. if people choose to buy the game here, it's because they want to train, compete online, and collect fight money. things like story are irrelevant.
I'm going to let god handle you people ✞
#6744  February 25, 2016, 05:24:27 pm
    • tehwii@gmail.com
f people choose to buy the game here, it's because they want to train, compete online, and collect fight money. things like story are irrelevant.
now you are just generalizing.

wanting a story mode is not the mark of a casual gamer. for most games, a good story mode is crucial game design. for fighting games, less so, but it is still something most gamers want, not just casuals. and considering the fact the barrier to entry in fighting games is high enough, it is not good marketing strategy to fall back to the argument that this game is passable because it caters to most "hardcore" fans right now. not only was this a disastrous launch, it does the game's attempt to bring more people in the series no justice.

but you can't assume that just because this is a fighting game forum that all of its users suddenly wont expect a complete game. for example, you are basically implying anyone on this forum who considers a story mode relevant is a casual, which is not only elitist its just downright disingenuous and makes hardcore fighting gamers look like dicks. im a huge fan of SFV's gameplay and I'm no casual to fighting games but I expected more content at launch

#6745  February 25, 2016, 05:34:48 pm
    • USA
#6746  February 25, 2016, 05:42:39 pm
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
what fucking scandals?
im really sick of these hippie so called vigilant gamers with conspiracy theories and cries of censorship, you gamergate rejects need to tone it down a little bit.
oh and as usuall GBK is trying to justify returning his copy by posting negative things about the game. i bet you didn't even watch that angry joe video you posted earlier, where he actually praised the game. you just saw "angry rant" in the title and rushed to post it here.
the game in incomplete, we know that. but you have to realize that this is a fighting games forum, it's not a forum for casual gamers. if people choose to buy the game here, it's because they want to train, compete online, and collect fight money. things like story are irrelevant.

Like S.D would say.... Nice Meltdown. Am here since 7 years btw. but thanks for the clarification that this is a fighting game forum. *lol*

Am often on N4G lately and see really a lot of negative sfv articles/blogs now. Totally forgot about SFXT though @Iced
#6747  February 25, 2016, 05:47:00 pm
the story mode will be given as a free update in june along with alot of other content. why are people so outraged about that? the excuse of putting it initially in the game is understandable, but capcom wants it released before evo.
should they have been more honest in their marketing about the story mode? yes, but you're not getting scammed out of anything, and the media coverage on it is more than enough to let you know about it. if you don't like that just wait for june and buy the game then.
plus, selling the game now, is kinda helpful for the people who want to collect fight money to get the dlc chars for free right away.
and im far from being elitist. i just really never found SF's story interesting at all, i can't even remember half of it from the sf games that i played.
I'm going to let god handle you people ✞
#6748  February 25, 2016, 06:47:03 pm
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
    • http://jesuszilla.trinitymugen.net/
Wow, can't remember a fighting game that got so much bad press and negative feedback in the last 1-2 decades than SFV

Last decade? Capcom Fighting Jam, Mortal Kombat X (with the recent drop of PC support), Street Fighter X Tekken, Death Cargo

Previous decade? That was the fucking 90's, too many to list.

This is how quickly your argument falls apart.
#6749  February 25, 2016, 06:54:20 pm
KoF XII

wanting a story mode is not the mark of a casual gamer. for most games, a good story mode is crucial game design. for fighting games, less so, but it is still something most gamers want, not just casuals. and considering the fact the barrier to entry in fighting games is high enough, it is not good marketing strategy to fall back to the argument that this game is passable because it caters to most "hardcore" fans right now. not only was this a disastrous launch, it does the game's attempt to bring more people in the series no justice.

This mentality of "only casuals want single player" needs to die off. Besides the fact that it's not true and that I can't stand the terms casual/hardcore (right up there with "anime" and other shit), it sends a bad message to people wanting to give the game a try. Everyone's a "casual" when they first start.

I think single player is one (of several) great ways for a new player to get "immersed" in the world of any game, and by that I don't mean just the lore. I also mean how the game feels when you play it, the controls, the pacing of gameplay, etc. As for fighting games, from there a newb can decide if they want to take that experience they've learned in their CPU dummy matches and apply it to a competitive environment. Seeing people downplay the notion that these things matter contributes (albeit on a partial level) as to why fighting games don't sell as well as they can and remain the niche that they are. Capcom kinda did the same thing, and it shows in the games reception and tepid sales. I personally think this game has more appealing gameplay than Street Fighter IV and was capable of drawing as much approval. If I was new to fighters and this was my first experience with Street Fighter, I wouldn't give this game a second look. Why play this when I can play Xrd or MKX, games that serve as nice alternatives and have more to do?

I understand that some people are going full stupid, SRK and other notable places are mostly this right now with extremists on both sides. Capcom did a nice job in making the game ready for tournaments, but insight should've told them to make a decently acceptable package at launch for people who might be ambivalent towards joining that competitive niche, let alone people who aren't interested in that stuff.
Last Edit: February 25, 2016, 07:06:10 pm by GS-Niitris
#6750  February 25, 2016, 06:54:42 pm
    • tehwii@gmail.com
the story mode will be given as a free update in june along with alot of other content. why are people so outraged about that? the excuse of putting it initially in the game is understandable, but capcom wants it released before evo.
should they have been more honest in their marketing about the story mode? yes, but you're not getting scammed out of anything, and the media coverage on it is more than enough to let you know about it. if you don't like that just wait for june and buy the game then.
plus, selling the game now, is kinda helpful for the people who want to collect fight money to get the dlc chars for free right away.
and im far from being elitist. i just really never found SF's story interesting at all, i can't even remember half of it from the sf games that i played.

I'm pretty sure you've read or participated in this argument several times, but people don't like the idea of hawking out a 70 buck sticker price at launch and get an incomplete product. Now again I understand, the major issue should be gameplay, but this is an expensive AAA title, I really think they should've waited or stuck to beta tests. They had an ample timeframe and could have certainly waited. It doesn't look good when it almost seems like they hired Bengus two days befor elaunch to draw a couple storyboards to tide people over. It seems like a rush job. They were honest about what we were going to get, but information does not travel as efficiently as you might think, and it all could have been avoided. The "wait till June" argument- valid, but again it wasnt unavoidable. Some people wanted the full package, and while they bought the game at launch so they could play online, this does NOT detract from their argument that they paid for something that lacks a lot of content. Also, the online problems just compound things.

You not finding the story good isn't waht makes you elitist, what makes you sound elitist is that you started speaking on behalf of this forum as if wanting a story mode makes you a casual ill fit for discussion here.
#6751  February 25, 2016, 07:06:52 pm
  • The Goddess Returns
what fucking scandals?

If you are not trying to make yourself look salty and unreasonable...you failed miserably good sir.

How in the world is this forum suddenly for competitive fighters? This is a board for all things Street Fighter 5, so pretending it's suddenly a competitive gamer outlet is stupid as fuck. This isn't SRK or any place where people talk footsie game, spacing or anything about the advancements of being a pro player so you seriously need to get that mentality out of here.

Second and most importantly, if you believe that it's ONLY casuals who want to see actual story in Sf5...go check on SRK's SF5 Story Thread...that has been about near 80 pages now, most of that was basically the hype for it, you're welcome.

I'm pretty sure you've read or participated in this argument several times, but people don't like the idea of hawking out a 70 buck sticker price at launch and get an incomplete product. Now again I understand, the major issue should be gameplay, but this is an expensive AAA title, I really think they should've waited or stuck to beta tests. They had an ample timeframe and could have certainly waited. It doesn't look good when it almost seems like they hired Bengus two days befor elaunch to draw a couple storyboards to tide people over. It seems like a rush job. They were honest about what we were going to get, but information does not travel as efficiently as you might think, and it all could have been avoided. The "wait till June" argument- valid, but again it wasnt unavoidable. Some people wanted the full package, and while they bought the game at launch so they could play online, this does NOT detract from their argument that they paid for something that lacks a lot of content. Also, the online problems just compound things.

You not finding the story good isn't waht makes you elitist, what makes you sound elitist is that you started speaking on behalf of this forum as if wanting a story mode makes you a casual ill fit for discussion here.

This.

This mentality of "only casuals want single player" needs to die off. Besides the fact that it's not true and that I can't stand the terms casual/hardcore (right up there with "anime" and other shit), it sends a bad message to people wanting to give the game a try. Everyone's a "casual" when they first start.

I think single player is one (of several) great ways for a new player to get "immersed" in the world of any game, and by that I don't mean just the lore. I also mean how the game feels when you play it, the controls, the pacing of gameplay, etc. As for fighting games, from there a newb can decide if they want to take that experience they've learned in their CPU dummy matches and apply it to a competitive environment. Seeing people downplay the notion that these things matter contributes (albeit on a partial level) as to why fighting games don't sell as well as they can and remain the niche that they are. Capcom kinda did the same thing, and it shows in the games reception and tepid sales. I personally think this game has more appealing gameplay than Street Fighter IV and was capable of drawing as much approval. If I was new to fighters and this was my first experience with Street Fighter, I wouldn't give this game a second look. Why play this when I can play Xrd or MKX, games that serve as nice alternatives and have more to do?

I understand that some people are going full stupid, SRK and other notable places are mostly this right now with extremists on both sides. Capcom did a nice job in making the game ready for tournaments, but insight should've told them to make a decently acceptable package at launch for people who might be ambivalent towards joining that competitive niche, let alone people who aren't interested in that stuff.

And This as well.
http://www.youtube.com/user/busterbladex?feature=mhum

Finally got some vids on here.
Subscribe to me please and who knows, maybe my video walkthroughs will help you one day.......
#6752  February 26, 2016, 06:51:00 am
  • Never give up
Played ranked for the first time today and made it to Ultra bronze.

I love how fast paced matches are against really good players. My last match was so intense that I literally started sweating after I won. lol Had to drink some water and go for a walk to remove the jitters.  :P
#6753  February 26, 2016, 07:22:27 am
  • Hungry Wolf
  • Aspiring Sprite Animator
    • South Africa
lol mods
#6754  February 26, 2016, 03:51:42 pm
    • Peru
@anthonygamer: I always forgot to add you in my favs list. I still remember the good old days of SSF4 and the unbearable lag. Who are you playing?

#6755  February 26, 2016, 06:16:19 pm
    • USA
#6756  February 26, 2016, 10:38:36 pm
  • You Can't Handle The Truth!
    • www.youtube.com/user/DevilRaptorB
the story mode will be given as a free update in june along with alot of other content. why are people so outraged about that?

the thing is : you have to get that via online right ? while im not one of the people who have problem with the internet some ppl in the world can't offer an internet connection, thats the real deal

before someone come rushing at me
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#6757  February 26, 2016, 10:45:49 pm
  • Estoy siempre listo para un desafío.
    • Puerto Rico
    • im41784@yahoo.com
is it any good, would you guys recommend it? i saw it at wal-mart and was surprised its out already.
#6758  February 26, 2016, 10:56:07 pm
    • USA
    • Skype - TatariZane2009
If you like fighting your friends/other people online (and love to train a lot), I'd suggest waiting for a few more days (whenever it gets the free update). That is unless you like having no arcade mode (for now), a story mode/prologue that's only 5-10 mins short and a really boring/tedious (even for as less as 10 fights) survival mode.
#6759  February 26, 2016, 11:02:41 pm
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
is it any good, would you guys recommend it? i saw it at wal-mart and was surprised its out already.

I would wait as well until the free updates are out in March and people talk about them. The game also still has a good couple of online issues which might be fixed completely or almost completely in the next weeks.
#6760  February 27, 2016, 12:05:07 am
  • The Goddess Returns
It's better to wait for a Price Drop honestly if you want everything that they promised(including Cinematic Story Mode).

I gotta wait for the PC price drop anyway...
http://www.youtube.com/user/busterbladex?feature=mhum

Finally got some vids on here.
Subscribe to me please and who knows, maybe my video walkthroughs will help you one day.......