YesNoOk

[Resentone Thread]: Botan, Tao, Yuzuriha Released (24/03/2024) (Read 814539 times)

Started by Resentone, January 22, 2022, 05:49:50 am
Share this topic:
Re: [Resentone Thread]: Cirno & Tails Released (21/10/2023)
#241  October 22, 2023, 04:08:27 am
  • Resent Oneself
  • Long live the night!
    • Indonesia
    • sites.google.com/view/site-resentone/home
Quick update for Tails.

22/10/2023
- Fixed Both Energy Beam distortion drives having massive hitbox.
- Fixed 5A infinite.

Oh my god, this why I shouldn't release when tired as hell lol. I was changing his dead angle last minute and got things mixed up.

EDIT: Oh, and, a bit of a complaint... why can't Tails' airplane super be used in the air?
I know that it sounded kinda silly not having it usable in the air but, he already have 3 distortion already. 4 is kinda overkill. but I'll think about it

5AA is an infinite into itself because 5AA is +16 on hit.
Should be fixed now

About Tails, There is a sprite made by MugenHunter, I am not against you using sprites from Sonic Advances and Sonic Battles (In fact those sprites are my favorites) but I think it could have been better to use one that matches one from a fighting game like those from MugenHunter.
I was too deep making Tails to change the sprites to a better one, as the one I'm using have a pretty bad indexing problem. Maybe I'll remake it one day but not now.
Last Edit: October 22, 2023, 04:31:00 am by Resentone
#242  October 22, 2023, 05:23:57 am
    • USA

#243  October 22, 2023, 05:42:13 am
  • Resent Oneself
  • Long live the night!
    • Indonesia
Actually fixed now.
#244  October 22, 2023, 10:06:06 am
  • I'm 100% Team OHMSBY now.
    • USA
After checking Tails's ground Energy Beam's massive hitbox, I'm thinking it might be adjusted way too much and may miss completely if the opponent is too close to him if their standing hitbox is very thin. You should have the red hitbox surrounding the buster as it does hits Kohaku's White Len for example, but barely if it wasn't 1 x axis too short. That should be all I seen on him. As for Cirno, you forgot to adjust the strong shockwave's position for the NOY version of Ice Clump "Great Crusher" as the x axis is still 65 while the non-NOY is 100. 125 should do to surround the ice hammer's size.

Also, I updated Ryougi's SFF as I discovered 5 sprites that are bugged when viewed through other palettes and a small error where the hitspark and guard spark of Double Belfry C Follow Up is not the same position as her 66B. So you should have got that with Gardevoir's SFF update too.

Oh my god, this why I shouldn't release when tired as hell lol. I was changing his dead angle last minute and got things mixed up.
Yeah, don't feel bad because I spent the time testing when I'm supposed to be asleep. I didn't find out about Cirno's 5AAA until I got back home in the evening, so I never knew it was bugged until way later.

I know that it sounded kinda silly not having it usable in the air but, he already have 3 distortion already. 4 is kinda overkill. but I'll think about it
To be fair in my opinion, having an air variant of the same distortion drive performed on the ground doesn't truly count as a separate one. So it's still technically just 2 unless it was completely different distortion drives altogether.

About Tails, There is a sprite made by MugenHunter, I am not against you using sprites from Sonic Advances and Sonic Battles (In fact those sprites are my favorites) but I think it could have been better to use one that matches one from a fighting game like those from MugenHunter.
As I heard, this Tails was commissioned by someone. You may not be against the sprites used, but you would be completely against the person who commissioned it in the first place. I don't think they would like that if it was changed because of your request. Plus changing the sprites would completely alter the whole character completely as his movelist might not be the same anymore. Just my two cents.
I will still do detail and aesthetic feedback for the rest.
Last Edit: October 22, 2023, 10:17:49 am by ZolidSone
#245  October 22, 2023, 04:07:47 pm
  • Guilty Gear XRD Rev Mugen Stages
  • We live in a society
    • Dominica
I simply respect the decision of the person who requested it, even though it is not necessarily a good one.
#246  October 22, 2023, 07:28:05 pm
    • USA
Hey Resertone another solid release I was messing around with your characters and was curious why Ushi,Byakuya,Rentaro,Yukina and Ciel only do one attack pattern on the easiest setting none of the other characters does this.
#247  October 23, 2023, 02:28:46 am
  • Resent Oneself
  • Long live the night!
    • Indonesia
Fixed. I got confused again and mixed up the ground spark for Ice Clump..

As I heard, this Tails was commissioned by someone. You may not be against the sprites used, but you would be completely against the person who commissioned it in the first place. I don't think they would like that if it was changed because of your request. Plus changing the sprites would completely alter the whole character completely as his movelist might not be the same anymore. Just my two cents.

I simply respect the decision of the person who requested it, even though it is not necessarily a good one.
I can always go back and redo him again if I feel like it, even if it means making him from scratch. I don't really mind as I wanted my characters to look good/consistent.

All of them are supposed to do a basic 5AAAA chain on the easiest difficulty as the AI scaling is based off of OHMSBY Yang.

#248  October 23, 2023, 02:42:03 am
    • USA
Okay fascinating because Eltnum and Bullet perform different combos on the easiest setting I must have an older version or something
#249  October 23, 2023, 04:30:48 am
  • I'm 100% Team OHMSBY now.
    • USA
Checked everyone again and they're pretty much good on my end, so I think that should be all for right now.

As you now have a page for Pending Updates to your characters, it's interesting to see that you're planning to do the same things Ichida is doing with his. Good thing you pushed the EX variants for Saber and Ushiwakamaru to later as it's probably better to get that out of the way first before you start them.

I can always go back and redo him again if I feel like it, even if it means making him from scratch. I don't really mind as I wanted my characters to look good/consistent.
Very well. I don't want to see this version of Tails gets taken offline once the remake is completed as the moveset might be different and that you don't scrap all the work you put into the old one, so I have an idea. Since the sprites are from the GBA games as Kamui mentioned, I like to call this variant "Advance Tails" and the Origin should be from Sonic Advance instead to differentiate the remake whenever that happens (The remake can still use the original name and origin as shown on the site). Like what Ichida is planning on doing with the UNIB cast, it can co-exist without being considered an EX-Typed character. But you don't have to change that right now and it can wait when that time comes.
I will still do detail and aesthetic feedback for the rest.
#250  October 24, 2023, 02:09:55 pm
  • The Blind Furry
  • I’m new to this and I’m blind
    • UK
#251  October 28, 2023, 04:25:13 pm
  • Resent Oneself
  • Long live the night!
    • Indonesia
Quick update for Tails, Shizuo, and Gardevoir to fix aesthetic errors.
Re: [Resentone Thread]: Botan, Tao, Yuzuriha Released (24/03/2024)
#252  March 24, 2024, 09:44:54 am
  • Resent Oneself
  • Long live the night!
    • Indonesia
Botan, Taokaka and Yuzuriha has finally been released. head over to the first page to download.

-Everyone has recieved an update.
Everyone:
- Fixed the Vestigial bug on the default mugen common1 that makes certain tight juggles harder or, impossible to do.
- Fixed misc errors.
Rentaro:
- Icon change for Terminal Horizon.
- Changed Exceed Accel move into "Initiator's Ability: Bunny Hop".
Yukina:
- Added a second intro.
- Changed Exceed Accel move into "4th Primogenitor: Familiar Summoning".
Arcueid:
- Adjusted 2A Hitbox.
Gardevoir:
- Adjusted 66B Targetstate.
- Added Coco Kiryu's custom state support.
Gengar:
- Added Coco Kiryu's custom state support.
Phonon:
- Fixed debug error on her jC.
Ushiwakamaru:
- Added an intro against Yuzuriha.
Shiki:
- Added an intro against Yuzuriha.

EXA Assist have palette support:
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Known Issue:
- Botan sprites indexing are bugged. Some palettes may look odd on select sprites.

Have fun.
#253  March 24, 2024, 12:03:00 pm
  • the Suicidal Bastard
  • "I want to see and understand the world outside."
    • Philippines
Awesome! Time to test them out!
#254  March 24, 2024, 01:59:00 pm
- Yuzuriha does not have a sprite for Faust's "This is Me" finisher.
#255  March 24, 2024, 02:47:36 pm
  • Resent Oneself
  • Long live the night!
    • Indonesia
Last Edit: March 24, 2024, 03:39:33 pm by Resentone
#256  March 24, 2024, 08:30:19 pm
  • Nowhere to work on, nothin to do.
    • sites.google.com/view/walruso-mugen-site/home
#257  March 24, 2024, 11:55:18 pm
    • USA
Neat, More OHMSBY chars, also please remove Neco-Pan from planned characters if your gonna not make it
#258  March 25, 2024, 03:22:27 am
  • Resent Oneself
  • Long live the night!
    • Indonesia
#259  March 25, 2024, 03:23:30 am
    • Malaysia
i gotta make taokaka's jpn voicepatch,which blazeblue game taokaka eng voice you use on your taokaka
#260  March 25, 2024, 03:29:22 am
    • Malaysia