YesNoOk

DC Cinematic Universe: Now presenting Gang Weed: The Movie (Read 1439856 times)

Started by Jmorphman, August 31, 2012, 12:01:22 am
Share this topic:
Re: DC Cinematic Universe: Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice, an actual movie title
#1201  January 10, 2015, 04:35:48 pm
  • The Lord of Vampire
  • Member of the Reign of Kreation
    • Brazil
    • guiaugusto20@hotmail.com
    • Skype - guiaugusto20
Re: DC Cinematic Universe: Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice, an actual movie title
#1202  January 10, 2015, 04:41:45 pm
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
It sounds exactly like something they would do, though.  Everything Warner's trying to do with this movie is 100% reactionary to what Avengers has already done.  "Oh fuck, Marvel put all of their heroes in one movie?  Quick, put all of our heroes in one movie!"  "Oh fuck, Marvel's doing a two-parter?  Quick, cut that movie into two halves and say we were totally planning to do that too!"  It's really getting pathetic.
#1203  January 10, 2015, 05:32:31 pm
Probably (and sadly), it's fake.
That site is fake. This one is correct, and I haven't checked it but it's probably much more legit than the one you linked to.

While the split may be a pathetic way to copy Marvel, it still makes a lot more sense to split such a massive gathering this way. Especially for Batman, who will take the spotlight of the first movie, that makes more sense than anything they've done so far.
Or at least, it would if it had been something they prepared for a year ago.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#1204  January 10, 2015, 06:57:21 pm
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
Uh, guys, recall that Warner announced the two part Justice League movie before Marvel rolled out their schedule with Infinity Wars part 1 and 2; kind of hard to copy something that hasn't been revealed. And that doesn't mean Marvel is copying Warner either, splitting your concluding chapter big blockbuster action movie into two is old hat by now (and that's not good, because it's a trend that has been pretty detrimental to those movies; I have higher hopes for Marvel though, because they mostly know what they're doing, but it is still somewhat worrying. It's definitely not impossible to craft a good two part movie [Kill Bill!!!] but there's a lot of potential pitfalls: being overly bloated, not telling a complete story in either movie, and so on)

but uh yeah it looks fake anyway and changing up the release dates for this thing again strains credulity; however, that subtitle "Enter the Knight" fits in perfectly with the shitiness of "Dawn of Justice"
#1205  January 11, 2015, 01:48:53 am
  • Haters are toys
"No weapon formed against you will have any success, and you will condemn any tongue that rises up against you in the judgment"- Isaiah 54:17
#1206  January 11, 2015, 02:01:59 am
why would you call someone stupid for something they posted 2 months ago

That site is fake. This one is correct, and I haven't checked it but it's probably much more legit than the one you linked to.
i thought the same thing at first, but the site being fake is part of his point. the image's url is the same site he linked to. fake image linking to a fake site

then again maybe the image says batmanvsuperman instead of batmansuperman (it's hard to tell) and i'm just talking out my ass
#1207  January 11, 2015, 02:16:28 am
Yeah, the image is so damn blurry, my first guess would be a parenthesis but I would still tend to think that's a v in there. I really don't see why you'd make a fake image and then point to a fake website, so I'm just assuming the image and the fake site aren't related at all.
Of course, the image pointing to the real site doesn't make the image real, either.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#1208  January 11, 2015, 02:22:45 am
    • USA
#1209  January 11, 2015, 02:53:03 am
  • Haters are toys
Gotta love you guys, pretending to miss an obvious point and the sole reason for the existence of an emoticon, all for the chance it might, juuust might upset someone you don't like.

I'm actually honored, much love  :beatnik: 
"No weapon formed against you will have any success, and you will condemn any tongue that rises up against you in the judgment"- Isaiah 54:17
#1210  January 11, 2015, 03:43:09 am
    • USA
Jesus dick, cut that shit out. Stop derailing these threads every goddamn time you post, it is really not hard.

There will be no further warning.
#1211  January 11, 2015, 04:22:07 am
    • USA
Gotta love you guys, pretending to miss an obvious point and the sole reason for the existence of an emoticon, all for the chance it might, juuust might upset someone you don't like.

I'm actually honored, much love  :beatnik: 
Get over yourself, Sky.  You quoted a two-month old post with nothing to add but an emote.  There is no "obvious point" there beyond the fact you are obviously fishing for another argument.

I'm seconding what Jmorphman said.  These petty jabs to incite flame wars stop now.  Next time it happens, you're out of here.  And yes, that includes a rebuttal to either of these warnings.  This is not up for discussion.
#1212  January 20, 2015, 12:23:06 am
    • USA
Tom Hardy has exited Suicide Squad, possibly to be replaced with Jake Gyllenhaal. The reason was originally speculated to be scheduling conflicts, but a Latino Review report suggests he left because he didn't like the script (none of the actors were given one until recently), and there was apparently some drastic changes to his character (Rick Flag Jr., the government agent who serves as the Squad's field commander), and that the latest draft may have refocused the story to be mostly on Deadshot and the Joker, to every other character's expense. Deadshot getting a lot of focus makes, and like the Assault on Arkham movie, he and Harley should be the focus of this movie. But ugh don't jam the Joker in there and make him the second most character. -_-

That was a couple of days ago and now there's another article by Latino Review with what it purports to be major spoilers for the movie:
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#1213  January 20, 2015, 01:52:43 am
  • TEHUH NAYUME EZ HUWK KOO MAWUN
    • Canada
Iunno they are willing to make superman (More) boring, gray, uncaring and willign to destroy an entire city without care. They're willing to ruin all their characters.

Harmony is harmony is harmony is not with us, harmony is not with us. Living hell is coming.

3DS FC: 0232 - 8852 - 3659
#1214  January 20, 2015, 02:01:04 am
    • USA
But I had a modicum of hope that this project at least would avoid that!!! (because Suicide Squad is already, thematically, in current DC's wheelhouse, and also Goyer and Snyder are not involved creatively, at least majorly)
#1215  January 21, 2015, 02:14:17 am
    • USA

apparently the crew members have been wearing this

Is Batman gonna wear this for Justice League stuff? Or is it too expensive and thus can only be used for dickpunching Superman? (I know it's from TDKR, but Batman doesn't stick around to form the JLA after he brings out that suit)
#1216  January 21, 2015, 02:25:27 am
  • The story begins with who's gonna win
    • USA
There's been pics of him in a normal suit, so I'd have to imagine it's purely for fighting Superman. Seems like it'd be too clunky to deal with for extended periods of time. Probably going to be mostly CGI as well, and by the time we get to Justice League Part Deux with flying and lightning and blur effects and a half machine man and full machine men and water water everywhere, I think they're going to be happy with a guy in a normal suit and a practical jet cockpit he can be filmed in.
Nevermind, there's nothing I can do
Bet your life there's something killing you
It's a shame we have to die, my dear
No one's getting out of here alive
This time
What a way to go, but have no fear
This time
It's a shame we have to disappear
This time, this time, this time
#1217  January 21, 2015, 03:07:11 am
    • USA
I mean for like an invasion by Darkseid or whatever; I couldn't really think of a good in-story reason for Batman not to wear that for Justice League level events. Sure it takes up all of Gotham's electricity to power it but hey the world's gonna end otherwise, or something.

I just am not a big fan of them introducing what is the final culmination of Batman's gadgets, that can't really be topped, in Batman's first appearance basically; especially when the only reason for it being here is "it was in DKR"
#1218  January 29, 2015, 07:39:03 am
    • USA
Supergirl has started casting:

Melissa Benoist is playing Supergirl

and Mehcad Brooks will play Jimmy Olsen

I swear to god if he's not wearing a bow tie, heads will roll.

Also, though his Instagram account, Tyrese Gibson has been either campaigning heavily or hinting at his casting for the Green Lantern role in Justice League, presumably the John Stewart version. He's been posting fan-made mockups of himself in costume, and most recently shared a picture of the Warner Brothers studio entrance, most likely to discuss the role, maybe?

All of which makes a ton of sense, because John Stewart is the Green Lantern people actually know and like because of the Justice League cartoon (to the point where there was significant confusion when Ryan Reynolds was cast as the lead of that terrible GL movie), and also because Hal Jordan sucks. Like seriously he's so, so terrible.
#1219  January 29, 2015, 09:34:05 am
and also because Hal Jordan sucks. Like seriously he's so, so terrible.
You know you do that about as often as Red says the Fantastic Four suck.
I like Hal Jordan.
#1220  January 29, 2015, 04:08:24 pm
    • Venezuela
    • Blacksight22@Yahoo.Com.Ve
    • Skype - sebastian.osio
I like Jordan too. But Stewart is better.
Anyway, I'm not looking forward to any of the DC films but I hope at least GL gets redeemed