YesNoOk

Final Fight's El Gado spritesheet (Read 290204 times)

Started by Rabano, December 04, 2022, 11:55:03 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Final Fight's El Gado spritesheet
#41  December 14, 2022, 10:24:21 pm
    • Argentina
Well, it looks rought but its to show that Im starting one the weirdest moves from Final Fight Revenge, his "Stance", I guess is called Scorpion Trap or something like that:

UPDATE: I finally manage to run Final Fight Revenge on a emulator and I played with El Gado. turns out the "scorpion pose" he does isn't a stance but his crouching animation, it doens't going to change the my char honestly, I'll keep him like it is right now.
Last Edit: December 15, 2022, 12:28:00 am by Rabano
#42  December 15, 2022, 02:26:43 pm
  • Because Card Fighters Clash 2 wasn't quite as good
I think that the most sensible choice, Final Fight Revenge has some goofy takes on characters that never fleshed out in any other game áfter and dont reflect the moves from said characters even from games before; see Cody and Guy for example.

Make your take of El Gado that you feel comfortable with.
#43  December 15, 2022, 03:38:45 pm
    • Argentina
I think that the most sensible choice, Final Fight Revenge has some goofy takes on characters that never fleshed out in any other game áfter and dont reflect the moves from said characters even from games before; see Cody and Guy for example.

Make your take of El Gado that you feel comfortable with.

Hmmmm maybe you're right, that "Scorpion stance" he does is unique but kinda out of place if you make him fight against any other SF or FF char from 2 to 3 and Alpha.

I guess I can change it, make something similar to Kevin Ryan from Garou, instead of doing that weird pose he just throw himself to the ground and start crawling, preparing for a counter attack
#44  December 17, 2022, 09:19:21 am
  • Wandering....
If your looking to a scorpion inspiration you should check out this one,

but I do agree his better being more like Kevin in Garou

Last Edit: December 17, 2022, 09:24:20 am by The Shakunetsu
#45  December 18, 2022, 04:47:40 am
    • Argentina
So I finished most of his Specials, Im still thinking if I should add that Crawling stance or just leave it as it is.

Also, Im now experimenting with the grabs and with that I tried to make his first Super:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uAKQ3kwPLj8
#46  December 21, 2022, 10:46:54 pm
    • Argentina
Ooooookay I ended up in a roadblock, I had no idea what else I can give him, specially Moves involving some imput with Kicks (he has three special moves, all of them uses Punch).

So I'll just start shading what I already got, if someone had a Idea I'll glady hear it, because its going to help a ton.
#47  December 22, 2022, 12:01:02 am
  • Self-Sufficient Subhuman
  • "I hope you're ready for a beating!"
    • USA
Heyo! Been quietly following all your stuff still and you're still doing amazing as hell.

Forgive me if this is already a thing in his moveset/a thing that has been suggested, but for a kick special, what about a drop kick? Could be a special or command normal, could cause a wall bounce.

I'm not super familiar with El Gado so I can't say it's the most creative or fitting idea, but it's all I've got at the moment. I can still brainstorm other ideas.
#48  December 22, 2022, 12:09:32 am
    • Argentina
Heyo! Been quietly following all your stuff still and you're still doing amazing as hell.

Forgive me if this is already a thing in his moveset/a thing that has been suggested, but for a kick special, what about a drop kick? Could be a special or command normal, could cause a wall bounce.

I'm not super familiar with El Gado so I can't say it's the most creative or fitting idea, but it's all I've got at the moment. I can still brainstorm other ideas.

Hmmm I really like that idea honestly
#49  December 22, 2022, 07:32:56 am
    • USA
RE: the scorpion pose thing

It's nothing unusual for characters to have moves that aren't very useful.  Since you already have the move animated (including the kick!), you could use it as a dodge.  Either like POTS-style characters, or just a special move with a very low hitbox and invincible to grabs.
#50  December 22, 2022, 04:05:20 pm
    • Argentina
RE: the scorpion pose thing

It's nothing unusual for characters to have moves that aren't very useful.  Since you already have the move animated (including the kick!), you could use it as a dodge.  Either like POTS-style characters, or just a special move with a very low hitbox and invincible to grabs.

Hmmmmm yeah I think I should retake that move again, its goofy, but SF / FF has some goofy stuff anyways, also I can add the Drop Kick move that 087-B said into it.
#51  December 22, 2022, 05:35:14 pm
    • Portugal
    • network.mugenguild.com/pots/
Well, it looks rought but its to show that Im starting one the weirdest moves from Final Fight Revenge, his "Stance", I guess is called Scorpion Trap or something like that:

UPDATE: I finally manage to run Final Fight Revenge on a emulator and I played with El Gado. turns out the "scorpion pose" he does isn't a stance but his crouching animation, it doens't going to change the my char honestly, I'll keep him like it is right now.
Why would someone holding a knife do this though?
You can help with Ikemen GO's development by trying out the latest development build and reporting any bugs on GitHub.
My Mugen and Ikemen content can also be found here.
#52  December 22, 2022, 05:43:42 pm
    • Argentina

Why would someone holding a knife do this though?

Ehhhhhh no idea honestly, being sneaky?
#53  December 23, 2022, 12:56:41 am
    • Argentina
Right now I'm considering ideas, one of them is the scorpion pose, but what POTS said is true, in a real fight it looks """strange"""

Another option was to do a move that is a forward or backward dash, like a dodge move, and if you press a specific button during that dash, El Gado will make an attack.

the third and last option is that I'll stop trying to do something too complicated and just add a kick or something simple to the character. I have only 3 special attacks so far and I like characters to have at least 4 special moves.
#54  December 23, 2022, 01:09:09 am
  • Self-Sufficient Subhuman
  • "I hope you're ready for a beating!"
    • USA
If we're coming up with unrefined, unruly knife-based attacks that would be commonly found in street based bloodsport... what about a move where he tackles the opponent to the ground and just stabs them a bunch?
#55  December 23, 2022, 01:13:51 am
    • Argentina
If we're coming up with unrefined, unruly knife-based attacks that would be commonly found in street based bloodsport... what about a move where he tackles the opponent to the ground and just stabs them a bunch?

That's actually one of my ideas, I just wanted to see if I can add that with another move like that dash I comented, but surely I'll add it.
#56  December 23, 2022, 02:28:53 pm
  • Character Not Unlocked ~
    • Norway
    • Skype - crap-zapper
Yeah, kind of like Bryan Fury, only instead of the punches it's with the stabs.

I also was thinking of a move where he run towards the opponent, jumps and spin his legs around the opponents neck, and then he falls to the ground. Kind of like Rey Mysterio, Eddy Gordo and or Clark Still or Ralf Jones from KoF.
Previously known as;
Mugen-Ninja 2011-2014.
The Street Fighter 2014-2021.
#57  December 23, 2022, 06:39:45 pm
  • ¡Ni p*ta ni santa! ¡Digo!
For the Scorpion Kick, look how Zafina deals with. In tekken, she makes a short cartwheel advancing towards the rival and then kicking with a similar movement. Or you can make differnet, using Claw's from SvC and instead of a punch-claw, a side kick, even not having the same style than from the in game.
I swear there was something cool here!!
#58  December 24, 2022, 08:19:29 pm
  • Spoiler
  • let's bring order to chaos
    • Mexico
    • none
What about this, he does some kind of rolling attack like Claw and you can choose to finish it with 2 moves, knife or Scorpion kick, first one is fast and can be blocked but of course if you move it will hit you, the second one should be the Scorpion move, slower but also its unblockable or does have armor properties.

In that way, even if weird, it feels like something different, also you can add a knife on his shoe like Joker does in the Dark Knight iirc.
            Zorf Giudecca
#59  December 27, 2022, 09:41:38 am
  • The Yatagarasu will be coming in any moment.
I have an idea for this. El Gado rolls forward like the Punisher does in the arcade version but after his rolling, there should be some punch or kick attacks. For the punch, he punches like Chun-Li's crouch HP, but with a knife as a second hit. His hard fist goes first before the blade. For the kick, there are two options. One, he will do like a Scorpion Kick but let his sole kick the opponent. Two, he will probably kick but grab the opponent with his legs like Sonya Blade from Mortal Kombat. You can lay his arms or hands down at the front for his leg movement support.
Titiln said:
focus more and stop thinking about things like the internet or titties

Whatever happened to sex, drugs, and Rock. Nowadays, it's whores, AIDS, and Hip-Hop.
#60  December 27, 2022, 10:47:32 am
  • Was it something I said?
For suggestions, I can think of Rambo from MK11, where he has a crawl move. He can stab people in the lower legs, grab people for a throw, and a parry move that does the same if parried. The other one is F.A.N.G. from SF5, where he has a crouch into a two hit kick. Kind of wish Capcom explored that option a little more.