YesNoOk

Custom Gethits (Read 11992 times)

Started by FeLo_Llop, April 14, 2014, 09:23:38 am
Custom Gethits
#1  April 14, 2014, 09:23:38 am
  • ¡Ni p*ta ni santa! ¡Digo!
Hi there!

This topic would be used for speaking about custom gethits. You all know that SF has the electroshock, and the classic SF2 has a burn state(which turned everyone in the VERY SAME person). So...here's a question;

What kind of Electro Shock do you prefer? SFZ style(with yellow flash outside the character) or SF3 style, with normal glow and its negative?

I personally prefer the SF3 looking. SFZ yellow glow seems SO cartoonish. If people likes(or we can make a test), using the SF3 styled with a yellow spark above it?

-----------------------------

Let's burn everyone!!

These would need work for certain characters, let's say Cammy or big bitches as Hugo. I did a guy and girl body model, so in the end these will be adapted to the character...with the "burn effect" above it  :D . This will give this project a wink to the classics ;)! These are the body models:
  << I will be needing help at converting the SF2 burn sparking body into something cvs-looking. I totally SUCK at that D:! And depending on the character(mostly Zangief, Hugo, Zangief and BIG characters) will be needing an extra hand on those fire things D:!

I swear there was something cool here!!
Last Edit: April 14, 2014, 09:53:18 am by FeLo_Llop
Re: Custom Gethits
#2  April 14, 2014, 09:42:55 am
  • ???
    • UK
    • Skype - koopakootmugen
I prefer SFZ shock with the yellow flash. But I think it would just be better to use palfx and fire fx for fire moves.
#3  April 14, 2014, 09:45:38 am
  • T.G. "Thunder God" Xenomic
    • USA
    • Skype - shinxenomic@hotmail.com
    • http://network.mugenguild.com/xenomic/
I think the SFZ one is best used myself. That's me though.

EDIT - My question is though, will characters for this project reuse the old shocks from SFZ or will they get completely new ones, or updated ones from SFIII converted into CvS stye (like say...for Chun-Li while also updating the terrible X-Ray sprite she had in that game)?
#4  April 14, 2014, 10:49:36 pm
  • Nothing ever ends
    • Portugal
    • www.justnopoint.com/loona
For the electric effects SF3 is the classier choice.
#5  April 14, 2014, 11:32:27 pm
I prefer the SF3 one too.
#6  April 16, 2014, 07:50:43 am
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
SFA. Auras are fun.
#7  April 24, 2014, 09:56:29 pm
But...those yellow auras are very cartoonish :/

We can make another thing, tho. Putting them like in SF3 with a yellow glow or else, dunno(I totally don't like this :P).

Also, I found what I wanted to say abuot "part shocked", graphically. I didn't remember where I saved this image and now that I was watching my DA...found it!! I'm SUPERstupid ¬¬X

http://felollop.deviantart.com/art/Rose-vs-Juri-352748567

#8  April 24, 2014, 10:02:22 pm
  • Hedgehog Whisperer
  • Red Bull addict
    • Spain
    • xgargoyle.mgbr.net
I prefer the SFZ style
XGargoyle: Battle posing since 1979
http://xgargoyle.mgbr.net
http://www.pandorabots.com/pandora/talk?botid=e71c0d43fe35093a  <-- Please click that link
http://paypal.me/XGargoyle  <-- Donations welcome!
#9  April 24, 2014, 10:04:13 pm
    • USA
It also depends on what "style" you're going for. Going for more cartoonish style? Go with SFA. Going with a bit more "realistic"? Go with SF3. SFA is just more common than SF3 (and easier on the palette as well, especially if things like specific things not being blackened out (such as metal like with Birdie) or hair sticking around (think of someone like Felicia)).
#10  April 24, 2014, 10:30:23 pm
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman

SNT

#11  April 25, 2014, 04:05:14 am
  • Super Old Bitter Dude
    • Australia
Let's burn everyone!!

Having something like this for each body type would be incredible, but the devil's in the details.  Making one sprite for that would be okay.  Making three that animate would be a major pain in the ass.
#12  April 25, 2014, 04:48:38 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
The electric anim could be triggered by the strength of the button pressed. LP = SF4, MP = SF3, SP = SFA, or something like that. Could be a low priority custom standard for the game.

The fire in that style would probably be best in small, medium and large sizes only. Not individual for each character.

How will Ice work in this game? Like SF3 or something more unique?
#13  April 25, 2014, 05:14:14 am
    • USA
Hm...I like that idea, though that'd be quite a bit of custom spriting to make the SF4 styled shocks. @_@;
#14  April 25, 2014, 05:31:26 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
I presume that's what Felo had in his image he linked to. At least something similar.
#15  April 25, 2014, 06:25:02 am
    • USA
Oh, something similar to being grabbed and shock? If it's just that, that's simple. But if it's like how SF4 does it where they're still flashing while still animating in the air and slightly on the ground (which is what I was thinking of), then that's where it'd get complicated I think).
#16  April 25, 2014, 11:40:12 am
Let's burn everyone!!
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
Having something like this for each body type would be incredible, but the devil's in the details.  Making one sprite for that would be okay.  Making three that animate would be a major pain in the ass.

I know. That's why I made some BASE bodies, dunno why I haven't posted. Those bases could be used for pasting above them parts of the actual sprites(kinda like frankenspriting). Once done and filled, convert the fire/psycho effects into CvS and that's all. Once the character is burned or psycho'ed, adding that spark above them.
Of course, big characters as Zangief, Hugo, etc or smaller(as Cammy) could give problems :/ Maybe these will be converted to their sizes...aswell the sparks too. So...some characters will have that spark personalized to their size

How will Ice work in this game? Like SF3 or something more unique?

Hmm...I haven't thought in that!! O.o!!! I have a vague image of that in my mind. There's one character able to freeze the rivals(Gill), so we can put it as in SF3. There are not other references.
About the electroshock thing, I agree with you, except the SF4 look. Having, for example, SF3 as LP/MP and SFZ for HP it's good too.

Oh, something similar to being grabbed and shock? If it's just that, that's simple. But if it's like how SF4 does it where they're still flashing while still animating in the air and slightly on the ground (which is what I was thinking of), then that's where it'd get complicated I think).

Exactly, that's the problem. Viper, as example, has a throw where she sits on the rival and electroknuckle the rival. That's why I propposed the "partial E.Shocked" thing, since it only shows the skull and upper ribs. Also, I think Rose and Dictator could be beneffited of it too.

SNT

#17  April 25, 2014, 12:02:08 pm
  • Super Old Bitter Dude
    • Australia
Hmm...I haven't thought in that!! O.o!!! I have a vague image of that in my mind. There's one character able to freeze the rivals(Gill), so we can put it as in SF3. There are not other references.
Well... there's SFxT Megaman...
#18  April 25, 2014, 02:51:18 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
If just going with the 2 shocks it could just be random.
#19  April 25, 2014, 09:50:36 pm
    • USA
Exactly, that's the problem. Viper, as example, has a throw where she sits on the rival and electroknuckle the rival. That's why I propposed the "partial E.Shocked" thing, since it only shows the skull and upper ribs. Also, I think Rose and Dictator could be beneffited of it too.

Ehhh...if it's just that, that shouldn't be too hard to do. The throw itself should be simple as opposed to doing frame by frame shock while flying through the air and lying on the ground a bit. I'd imagine you can get away with a full shock there easily.
#20  April 26, 2014, 03:02:53 pm
    • USA
    • twitter.com/inktrebuchet
I believe there will need to be custom get hits sprites for one of Birdes chain attacks.

Just checked and I was wrong. It could be cool to make some unique get hits for some attacks later on though.
Last Edit: April 26, 2014, 03:17:01 pm by ink